• Grand Theft Auto
  • Starcraft
  • Any Bioware game
  • Uncharted
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Gran Turismo

I don't feel like listing everything.

Around the Network

well im 26 so anything Sega, Sony, and Nintendo. the first 2 gens would be the problem i'd have considering i don't know to many games from those gen's.

pong maybe?

SmokedHostage said:

Let's say that tomorrow you wake up.  Every franchise that started before the day you were born no longer exists.  This includes spinoffs (i.e. Mario Kart started in '92 but Super Mario started in '85 so both would no longer exist if you born before '85.)

What would you be playing now?

Kinda hard to explain but I hope there's no confusion.  Feel free to ask questions.

Should you have it (so both would no longer exist if you were born after 85).  Because if you were born before 85 then you would be older....   Anyways, I was born in 82 so I can still play a shitload of games.

Mario, Metroid & Zelda where made before my birth but Smash Bros is after my birth. Does that cancel Smash Bros out or can I assume that smash bros would exist but these characters would have been created for that game alone? If not, then I'd probably be playing Sony's original IPs, Microsoft's also but most Nintendo games I would be playing would be those that started on the DS.

Listing IPs would take to long, let me just list my favorite genres. Adventure games, Platformers, JRPGs, Fighting games & Innovative Niche games before all other genres. I play almost anything, though. No music games, no SIMs.....I'll edit this when I remember what else I don't play.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Almost ALL of my favourite games would be GONE! Not only my fav series, but all their spinoffs TOO!!

No more Mario!!!! No Paper Mario, Kart, Party, Smash or anything!! - No Zelda, DK, Mega Man and Metroid! D: - - - - - there goes most of my library

Thank goodness Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Tales, and Sonic (mostly pokemon lol) were all made after i was born or this crazy world of yours would be pretty empty. I'd still have Kirby, Pikmin and the IPs from this gen but things just wouldn't be the same without Mario and his spinoffs!! I mean no Paper Mario games?!?!?! I'd be devastated!!

I might not even have become a gamer if i didn't have mario in the beginning

Around the Network

Pretty much anything I want

Mario would be gone, so the current line-up of games would be drastically different I can imagine. Gaming today would be completely different without Mario, especially since Nintendo would've probably went the way of Sega, and Sega would probably still be in the console race since they would still have Sonic. 

Basically there wasn't anything around when I was born in 87 except Nintendo. Without Mario, Nintendo would've never thrived. I'd imagine Sony and MS would still be in the race, and maybe Sega as the other in the big 3. This console race would've certainly looked different, thats for sure.

twesterm said:
Berstuck said:

Well Donkey Kong and the original mario (jumpman) were from 81 and pacman from 80 so i would miss out on those. Everything after that i'd still be able to enjoy.

Jumpman?  Wasn't that a game on the PCJr where you were chased by dots?  Mario was never Jumpman, though Super Mario BRros (I know, wasn't his first appearance) was built on the idea "jumping is fun."

And yeah, my gaming habits wouldn't change much since I'm 1981.

Mario was referred as "Jumpman" in DK. Look it up. His name came later on.

gekkokamen said:
twesterm said:
Berstuck said:

Well Donkey Kong and the original mario (jumpman) were from 81 and pacman from 80 so i would miss out on those. Everything after that i'd still be able to enjoy.

Jumpman?  Wasn't that a game on the PCJr where you were chased by dots?  Mario was never Jumpman, though Super Mario BRros (I know, wasn't his first appearance) was built on the idea "jumping is fun."

And yeah, my gaming habits wouldn't change much since I'm 1981.

Mario was referred as "Jumpman" in DK. Look it up. His name came later on.

yes but it wasnt a franchise by then, thats why nintendo are celebrating his 25th bday this year.

There ARE no franchises older than me. Simple.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix