By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No franchise older than you

Severance said:
mhsillen said:

I was born in 1959 so we talked to each other 

Then when I was older we played more Hockey,Basketball, football and because my dad was born in belgium and played div2 soccer we played a ton of soccer in the summer. 

Then when we started to go to the mall we went to a Time Out arcade and indulged in pinball and skeetball . They also had primitive type of pong and space shooters

Thats the same as my father.... wait you're not my father aren't you?

btw you reminded me of this great song.

Search your heart, you know it to be true

Around the Network

I was born in 1979..so I dont lose anything

i'm older than mario, i can play basically anything i want. being old rulez =P

I would be pissed off and cry because pretty much everything I love in gaming would be gone.

Then I'd go play Ace Attorney because that'd be all I had left.

Everything I play is from the 90s onwards.

Around the Network

Anything before 1991. I don't know Mario, Pac Man, shit like that.

No Pac-man, Donkey Kong, and Mario for me, 1984.

Most of the games I play are PS titles so thank goodness PS1 launched in 1994.
I'd be able to play Golden Sun, Kirby and Pokemon so I'm happy on the NIntendo front.
I lose out on a few of my favorite Genesis games, though...
[EDIT] The bulk of my favorite snes games I still have! Yay me!!

SmokedHostage said:

Let's say that tomorrow you wake up.  Every franchise that started before the day you were born no longer exists.  This includes spinoffs (i.e. Mario Kart started in '92 but Super Mario started in '85 so both would no longer exist if you born before '85.)

What would you be playing now?

Kinda hard to explain but I hope there's no confusion.  Feel free to ask questions.

I was born before Atari released Pong to the market.  Why would it be any different?

Berstuck said:

Well Donkey Kong and the original mario (jumpman) were from 81 and pacman from 80 so i would miss out on those. Everything after that i'd still be able to enjoy.

Jumpman?  Wasn't that a game on the PCJr where you were chased by dots?  Mario was never Jumpman, though Super Mario BRros (I know, wasn't his first appearance) was built on the idea "jumping is fun."

And yeah, my gaming habits wouldn't change much since I'm 1981.