By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Under Fire II comes to PS3, 360 version uncertain

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-18-kingdom-under-fire-ii-heading-to-ps3

Having criticised the red tape of Xbox Live, Blueside has said it is also making a PS3 version of Kingdom Under Fire II.

The "main reason" was because PS3 offers "many possibilities considering the aspects of an MMORPG that requires continuous updates", Blueside CEO Sejung Kim explained.

The PS3 game is penned for a 2012 launch. The press release made no mention of the Xbox 360 version - only the PC game. When pressed about what this meant, Blueside told Eurogamer this morning that, "We're still under discussion with Microsoft, and nothing has been confirmed."

Exclusive characters and missions will be stuffed into the PS3 version of Kingdom Under Fire II. There's no mention of a billing model. Under the hood, Blueside promises to tailor the engine to maximise PS3 use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So KUF2 might become a PS3 console exclusive now? I did not see that coming. xD

Around the Network

2012? What are they doing with this game

I thought MS owned the IP or something.

Perhaps MS had exclusivity on the previous games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Munkeh111 said:

2012? What are they doing with this game

they develop PC version first,because this is MMO

PlayStation 3! It only does the most awesome vaporware I've ever seen!

Anyway, seems a smart move, assuming getting more hype on VGChartz was their goal.

Around the Network

It's going to bomb so badly on the PS3. Hopefully they do make a 360 version, that seems to be where the console userbase is for the franchise and the PS3 hasn't had a great history with RTS games.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Kingdom Under Fire2 PS3 Trailer 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2yCQ6vTr8

MMO's are useually shit on consoles.  So either way it doesn't bother me, and I would imagine that most people would rather play it on a computer.  

Probably won't have a huge following on any console. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Who cares anyways? These kind of games do best on PC.

That said, I didn't see this coming.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

since when was this game an MMO?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur