By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3 sucks (RANT)

The Ghost of RubangB said:

It was a nice rant until you threw in the Jap comments.  That was pretty low.  I'm an American who can beat the game in about 17 minutes without dying and I think the world record is a couple minutes faster than that.  It's pretty much the perfect platformer.  I wonder if you can beat Mega Man 1, 2, 9, or 10, or Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 2, or Contra.  You might just ... ya know, not be any good at platformers?

You beat it in 17 min I haven't beat the game in all the years since it came out.  Then again haven't played it it most of the years since then but still.  On a seperate note I wish the game had a save and let you go back to levels though because I know there are so many I never played because by the time I'd get to them I'd get tired and not be able to beat them or would just stop playing.  At least megaman has passwords to let you start latter in the game.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
noname2200 said:
lestatdark said:

Oh man, I wish I could see you play Super Ghouls and Goblins, I really do. That would be an even more epic (and much, much more lame) rant XD

He wouldn't last five minutes.

No, seriously, he really wouldn't.

And you wouldnt last a second on Hardocre team deathmatch on Black ops, or on barebones team tactics, especially on Nuketown map

I don't know to whom you addressed that statement, since I haven't played Black Ops, I don't know how I would fare on it, but given that I had a K/D of 2.1 on Hardcore Team match in MW (my last COD) and one of my best matches was on Wetworks, were i went 41-2 with no single nade thrown and using only the M1014, I believe I could fare well in Black Ops too.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
noname2200 said:
lestatdark said:

Oh man, I wish I could see you play Super Ghouls and Goblins, I really do. That would be an even more epic (and much, much more lame) rant XD

He wouldn't last five minutes.

No, seriously, he really wouldn't.

And you wouldnt last a second on Hardocre team deathmatch on Black ops, or on barebones team tactics, especially on Nuketown map

I don't know to whom you addressed that statement, since I haven't played Black Ops, I don't know how I would fare on it, but given that I had a K/D of 2.1 on Hardcore Team match in MW (my last COD) and one of my best matches was on Wetworks, were i went 41-2 with no single nade thrown and using only the M1014, I believe I could fare well in Black Ops too.

Black Ops is not even remotly in any way shape or form noob and aim friendly as Modern Warfare

Wonktonodi said:

It was a nice rant until you threw in the Jap comments.  That was pretty low.  I'm an American who can beat the game in about 17 minutes without dying and I think the world record is a couple minutes faster than that.  It's pretty much the perfect platformer.  I wonder if you can beat Mega Man 1, 2, 9, or 10, or Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 2, or Contra.  You might just ... ya know, not be any good at platformers?

You beat it in 17 min I haven't beat the game in all the years since it came out.  Then again haven't played it it most of the years since then but still.  On a seperate note I wish the game had a save and let you go back to levels though because I know there are so many I never played because by the time I'd get to them I'd get tired and not be able to beat them or would just stop playing.  At least megaman has passwords to let you start latter in the game.

The GBA and Super Mario All Stars on SNES has saves. Im pretty sure Mario All Stars On Wii will too. Beating any game doing speed runs takes a lot of practice and dedication. I dont really do the speed runs much but I do start a new game and make it my focus to do every single level without dying. If I do die I have to start it all over. Its awesome when you die because of a sneeze or something silly. =)

Wonktonodi said:

On Virtual Console, the NES games have save states so if you leave in the middle of a stage by pressing the home button when you return later you'll be at the exact same spot.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:

Like Games4Fun said, the Super Mario All-Stars version has a save function.  Also, if you download the game for $5 on the Virtual Console, you can use the suspend function.

But back in the day on the NES, I would just leave the NES on overnight to try to see every level in the game.  Even on the NES the game had unlimited continues.

Wonktonodi said:

Like Games4Fun said, the Super Mario All-Stars version has a save function.  Also, if you download the game for $5 on the Virtual Console, you can use the suspend function.

But back in the day on the NES, I would just leave the NES on overnight to try to see every level in the game.  Even on the NES the game had unlimited continues.

not everyone was allowed to keep the console running and for me it was always depressing haveing to start the the beginning of a world again

Thanks everyone for that info good to know.

Wonktonodi said:

not everyone was allowed to keep the console running and for me it was always depressing haveing to start the the beginning of a world again

Ha, I remember very carefully pretending to turn a videogame off and put it away for the night and wake up hoping it would still be on and running.

I don't get why ehre adults so strict about this.

Farmageddon said:
Wonktonodi said:

Ha, I remember very carefully pretending to turn a videogame off and put it away for the night and wake up hoping it would still be on and running.

I don't get why ehre adults so strict about this.

yeah me neither to think of all the games i could have actually beaten if I had just been allowed to leave my nes on.