By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo make a FPS?

With both Microsoft and Sony having both amazing third party fps games and good exculisve first party ones that each sell millions of copies with the former selling over 20 mill on both consoles combined why doesn't Nintendo try to get a piece of the action. Ok sure Call of duty was released on wii but who would buy the wii version if everyone knows the better community for that game is already on 360 and ps3.

Halo 3 sold over 10 million, Odst a glorified expansion sold over 5, and Halo reach is already at 6 mil. First person shooters is what's selling this gen and Nintendo needs to get on it.

I know what some of you guys might say that Nintendo appeals to a different crowd but links cross bow training sold almost 5 million and it's just a 20 min game worth not even 5 bucks packaged with a wii zapper noone has any use for. That game proves at least 5 million Wii owners are just waiting for an exclusive Nintendo fps not to mention the hundreds of thousands who wouldn't waste their money on a piece of plastic like the wii zapper.

Around the Network

FPS is like the cream part of the cake. Nintendo just leave it there so 3rd parties can come an eat it.

Surprisingly, nobody ate it as they are way too humble.

mmm... cake...

I've had the same thought as you, in fact ever since the Wii brought us motion controls I have always wanted to see a FPS from one of Nintendo's internal studios. Maybe something a long the lines of a Mario paint ball game. That could be massive.  

Because they suck at making those type of games.

Before I get banned. Reggie said it... Not me!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=239278?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Metroid Prime series?

Around the Network
Lastgengamer said:

I've had the same thought as you, in fact ever since the Wii brought us motion controls I have always wanted to see a FPS from one of Nintendo's internal studios. Maybe something a long the lines of a Mario paint ball game. That could be massive.

Mario Paintballing would be amazing with the Wii pointer controls.

I've wanted them to do it for like... The entire gen!

Also, Nintendo has sold like 20 million something copies of Mario Kart Wii.  I think their internal division is doing just fine.

They just don't need it. 

Mario is selling more than all of those FPSs combined. 

Anyhow, some could argue that Metroid Prime was a FPS, although Nintendo classifies it as a FPA. Those sold a million or tow unites each. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

metroid prime series say hi again

Metroid isn't a fps but a fpa game. Even if it was a fps it's still a single player experience. What I'm talking about is an online multiplayer game like Halo or killzone but made by Nintendo. I bet nintendo could come up with some good aspects that will keep the game from being a carbon copy of every other fps on the market.

Like how the mario sports games are different from the usual ones by third parties.