By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect - 1.3 million WW

Mr.Metralha said:

Just for comparison sake, what's the numbers for the PS move?

Units sold, Shipped, install base?

Around the Network
Seece said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Units sold I'd guess?

Seece said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Any of the above....if possible, just for comparison sake.

justinian said:
theprof00 said:
justinian said:
theprof00 said:
Counti said:
toadslayer72 said:

Wow, nice job MS. Is this why Greenberg was Loling?

Yeah, i think so. And i think vgchartz undertracks Kinect so the real numbers are very likely be higher.

Yeah, the numbers greenberg was laughing at was the sales of the first three days in america, and this number above is the first 10 days in the WORLD. OMFG VGChartz is so incompetent, they probably CAN'T EVEN READ the numbers!!!1

The 1.3m is based on VGcharts estimates. If they are so incompetent what are you getting so excited about? They could be well of the mark again and kinect sold a lot less.. oh I see, they are only competent when the figures please you.

OT: X360 is set for a monster holiday....without any doubt.

No, it's not what pleases me, it's what reality is. 1.4 Million is severely undertracked. A Microsoft PR guy even laughed at vgchartz' numbers. VGC's bias is so plain as day, it's why it is mocked everywhere on the internet by people like me. It doesn't matter though. It's not gunna save their precious ps3 in the end. Long live the consumer!!!1

I think you got yours wires crossed. This 1.3m figure is not what he (MS guy) was having issues with, it was a figure released by VGcharts last week.

The reality is that until MS officially release the figures no one knows for sure and they haven't done that yet.

So for me the VGcharts 1.3m is the unofficial sales figure I will go with until MS tells me different. 

maybe you're not paying attention. forget it.

theprof00 said:
justinian said:
theprof00 said:
justinian said:
theprof00 said:
Counti said:
toadslayer72 said:

Wow, nice job MS. Is this why Greenberg was Loling?

Yeah, i think so. And i think vgchartz undertracks Kinect so the real numbers are very likely be higher.

Yeah, the numbers greenberg was laughing at was the sales of the first three days in america, and this number above is the first 10 days in the WORLD. OMFG VGChartz is so incompetent, they probably CAN'T EVEN READ the numbers!!!1

The 1.3m is based on VGcharts estimates. If they are so incompetent what are you getting so excited about? They could be well of the mark again and kinect sold a lot less.. oh I see, they are only competent when the figures please you.

OT: X360 is set for a monster holiday....without any doubt.

No, it's not what pleases me, it's what reality is. 1.4 Million is severely undertracked. A Microsoft PR guy even laughed at vgchartz' numbers. VGC's bias is so plain as day, it's why it is mocked everywhere on the internet by people like me. It doesn't matter though. It's not gunna save their precious ps3 in the end. Long live the consumer!!!1

I think you got yours wires crossed. This 1.3m figure is not what he (MS guy) was having issues with, it was a figure released by VGcharts last week.

The reality is that until MS officially release the figures no one knows for sure and they haven't done that yet.

So for me the VGcharts 1.3m is the unofficial sales figure I will go with until MS tells me different. 

Don't worry,,,already have.

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:
Seece said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Units sold I'd guess?

Ok I'll give you everything we know anyway

America - 1 mill shipped
Europe - 1.5 mill shipped

As of 28th Oct we have a 50% sell through, so 1.25 mill move controllers sold, and a 745k estimated install base.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82557/playstation-move-sell-through-update/

Seece said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Seece said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Units sold I'd guess?

Ok I'll give you everything we know anyway

America - 1 mill shipped
Europe - 1.5 mill shipped

As of 28th Oct we have a 50% sell through, so 1.25 mill move controllers sold, and a 745k estimated install base.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82557/playstation-move-sell-through-update/

Thanks.

Mr.Metralha said:

If we assume X is number of move owners then :

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/43960/sports-champions/  plus number of sports champions for this week   < X < 2500000 (number of move SKUs shipped so far)

In other words noone really knows ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

justinian said:
theprof00 said:

Don't worry,,,already have.

That was so snippy! Congratz

Longer term sucess for Kinect will depend on how much Kinect is seen by people as being more of a Wii than the Wii itself.  Microsoft is pushing "You are the controller" angle a bunch here.  This is more of a Wii than the Wii itself.  Looks like Sony is pushing the motion control for the core, more hardcore.  Nintendo is getting hit on the upper and lower end here.  Again, it is still early, so wait and see here.

As far as it appearing to be a "no brainer" regarding Kinect outselling Move, one can't say that for a multitude of reasons.