By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect - 1.3 million WW

Actually it isn't selling faster than "move", infact they (MS) lowered projections because of it. MS suffered better initial sales than Move did (week 1) but now they are on their same straw. I believe 360 owners are a little bit more protective of their tech and bought it than on Sony's camp. This is why they bought it on pre-order more so than the Move. But since these guys are gone from the market now, their sales will go stale just like the info says for data after week 1 so far. Once the buzz is gone, Kinect isn't anything special and won't sell as well as you think. Kinect is a snore fest, not ONE good game out nor coming out. Sad but true. I don't know a single person who bought the Kinect, and I know mess loads of 360 owners. Sorry, but I know this Kinect hype is just that, hype.. When the Black 360 revision came out, they all upgraded, and that sold well. None bought this, so I know it will die out flat in the water after the initial burst of sales. Not trying to hate, but people aren't gonna spend $150 for a stupid camera that costs $50 to make. Microsoft has to make the product a lot more appealing than it's now..

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Around the Network
FireBringer said:

Actually it isn't selling faster than "move", infact they (MS) lowered projections because of it. MS suffered better initial sales than Move did (week 1) but now they are on their same straw. I believe 360 owners are a little bit more protective of their tech and bought it than on Sony's camp. This is why they bought it on pre-order more so than the Move. But since these guys are gone from the market now, their sales will go stale just like the info says for data after week 1 so far. Once the buzz is gone, Kinect isn't anything special and won't sell as well as you think. Kinect is a snore fest, not ONE good game out nor coming out. Sad but true. I don't know a single person who bought the Kinect, and I know mess loads of 360 owners. Sorry, but I know this Kinect hype is just that, hype.. When the Black 360 revision came out, they all upgraded, and that sold well. None bought this, so I know it will die out flat in the water after the initial burst of sales. Not trying to hate, but people aren't gonna spend $150 for a stupid camera that costs $50 to make. Microsoft has to make the product a lot more appealing than it's now..

Never seen so much denial, rofl

theprof00 said:
Counti said:
toadslayer72 said:

Wow, nice job MS. Is this why Greenberg was Loling?

Yeah, i think so. And i think vgchartz undertracks Kinect so the real numbers are very likely be higher.

Yeah, the numbers greenberg was laughing at was the sales of the first three days in america, and this number above is the first 10 days in the WORLD. OMFG VGChartz is so incompetent, they probably CAN'T EVEN READ the numbers!!!1

The 1.3m is based on VGcharts estimates. If they are so incompetent what are you getting so excited about? They could be well of the mark again and kinect sold a lot less.. oh I see, they are only competent when the figures please you.

OT: X360 is set for a monster holiday....without any doubt.

Seece said:
FireBringer said:

Never seen so much denial, rofl

He fails at so many levels :)

justinian said:
theprof00 said:
Counti said:
toadslayer72 said:

Yeah, i think so. And i think vgchartz undertracks Kinect so the real numbers are very likely be higher.

Yeah, the numbers greenberg was laughing at was the sales of the first three days in america, and this number above is the first 10 days in the WORLD. OMFG VGChartz is so incompetent, they probably CAN'T EVEN READ the numbers!!!1

The 1.3m is based on VGcharts estimates. If they are so incompetent what are you getting so excited about? They could be well of the mark again and kinect sold a lot less.. oh I see, they are only competent when the figures please you.

No, it's not what pleases me, it's what reality is. 1.4 Million is severely undertracked. A Microsoft PR guy even laughed at vgchartz' numbers. VGC's bias is so plain as day, it's why it is mocked everywhere on the internet by people like me. It doesn't matter though. It's not gunna save their precious ps3 in the end. Long live the consumer!!!1

PS: I'm joking. Vgchartz > Greenberg

Around the Network

I'm curious if Kinect will finally appeal to the Japenese gamers. Since a lot of casuals play games on the DS/PSP/Wii in Japan, Kinect might also interest them.

Dinges said:

I'm curious if Kinect will finally appeal to the Japenese gamers. Since a lot of casuals play games on the DS/PSP/Wii in Japan, Kinect might also interest them.

No f****n' way :) They just don't like X360.

theprof00 said:
justinian said:
theprof00 said:
Counti said:
toadslayer72 said:

No, it's not what pleases me, it's what reality is. 1.4 Million is severely undertracked. A Microsoft PR guy even laughed at vgchartz' numbers. VGC's bias is so plain as day, it's why it is mocked everywhere on the internet by people like me. It doesn't matter though. It's not gunna save their precious ps3 in the end. Long live the consumer!!!1

I think you got yours wires crossed. This 1.3m figure is not what he (MS guy) was having issues with, it was a figure released by VGcharts last week.

The reality is that until MS officially release the figures no one knows for sure and they haven't done that yet.

So for me the VGcharts 1.3m is the unofficial sales figure I will go with until MS tells me different. 

Just for comparison sake, what's the numbers for the PS move?

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!