By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony cuts PSP Go's price twice in three weeks, will it save the platform?

Vetteman94 said:
Kasz216 said:
TWRoO said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

Its a shame this is fake,  it needs it.   I would buy one if they dropped the price in the US.  If they have a Black Friday deal for one at around what the other PSPs are going for I would wait in line for it on Black Friday.

the fact it's currently at over 60million disagrees with you.

What does it's total sales have to do with it's current sales (and thus need for a price cut)

Besides this is about the PSPGo, which has certainly not done 60 million of anything.

True.

I like the PSP.  I'd like the PSP go too, except

A) It's more expensive which is just weird since Sony is getting more of a benefit then I am on downloadble titles.

B) I already have PSP games!

Well that and my wireless router COMPLETELY sucks and for some reason I can't get my regular PSP to detect the signal.

I know the PSP wont connect/cant find a connection if it has a security setup that it does not recognize.  You should look into that.

Could be it.  Router uses a WPS-PSK 2 instead of just WPS-PSK.  

Not sure what I could do to fix that though.

Also might just have to do with the fact that I don't have a DNS number... since whenever i try to manually enter the connection after I put in the first two, I have nothing to put in the bottom 3 options.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

Its a shame this is fake,  it needs it.   I would buy one if they dropped the price in the US.  If they have a Black Friday deal for one at around what the other PSPs are going for I would wait in line for it on Black Friday.

The fact it's currently at over 60million disagrees with you.

I didnt realize the PSP Go was that big of a success.  I guess I should just buy one then and shut up and be like the other 60M people who got it

I always consider the pspgo as part of the psp family, regardless of what itteration it was, it's still a psp. The psp is not as bad/dead as people make out, games like  MGS peace walker, GoW: GoS, KH:BBS  prove that.

That's just... a silly point of view though.   Since you know, the PSP has clearly been a failure of a product expansion.

It'd be like if the DS XL bombed, nobody would claim the DS XL was doing great because the DS proper was lighting up the sales charts.

It's sort of like claiming that Metroid: Other M is selling great because NSMB Wii is selling great.

Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

I didnt realize the PSP Go was that big of a success.  I guess I should just buy one then and shut up and be like the other 60M people who got it

I always consider the pspgo as part of the psp family, regardless of what itteration it was, it's still a psp. The psp is not as bad/dead as people make out, games like  MGS peace walker, GoW: GoS, KH:BBS  prove that.

PSPgo is still a miserable failure compared to all other iterations of PSP. In Japan (main market for PSP), PSPgo can't normally even get past 1k weekly while other iterations of PSP sell 30-40k weekly  or even more. 

Kasz216 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

That's just... a silly point of view though.   Since you know, the PSP has clearly been a failure of a product expansion.

It'd be like if the DS XL bombed, nobody would claim the DS XL was doing great because the DS proper was lighting up the sales charts.

It's sort of like claiming that Metroid: Other M is selling great because NSMB Wii is selling great.

Not really, because MoM and NSMB are two completely different games whereas the 3k and the go aren't that different, in my opinion, it's the same thing as the Ps3 and the PS3slim or x360 and the x360s

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Kasz216 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Kasz216 said:
TWRoO said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

What does it's total sales have to do with it's current sales (and thus need for a price cut)

Besides this is about the PSPGo, which has certainly not done 60 million of anything.

True.

A) It's more expensive which is just weird since Sony is getting more of a benefit then I am on downloadble titles.

Well that and my wireless router COMPLETELY sucks and for some reason I can't get my regular PSP to detect the signal.

I know the PSP wont connect/cant find a connection if it has a security setup that it does not recognize.  You should look into that.

Also might just have to do with the fact that I don't have a DNS number... since whenever i try to manually enter the connection after I put in the first two, I have nothing to put in the bottom 3 options.

I am 99% sure that is exactly what it is, I had the same problem as well when I set mine up,  I had to revert back to using WPS-PSK just for my PSP.   You could try changing the security, to see if thats it.   

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Kasz216 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

Not really, because MoM and NSMB are two completely different games whereas the 3k and the go aren't that different, in my opinion, it's the same thing as the Ps3 and the PS3slim or x360 and the x360s

and if the PS3 slim didn't sell well and the PS3 phat still sold well and was way outselling the PS3 slim.... the PS3 slim would be a failure.

Fail :(

Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

Well it doesnt really matter what you consider since the article was refering to the PSP Go only and not the rest of its "family".  Which is what my comments were about.  Your reply to mine was wrong cause you didnt understand what was being talked about. 

And I know the PSP isnt bad,  I have had 3,  one of each revision.  And I was talking about buying the latest revision, the one that is overpriced and not doing to well sales wise.

Vetteman94 said:
Kasz216 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Kasz216 said:
TWRoO said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

True.

I am 99% sure that is exactly what it is, I had the same problem as well when I set mine up,  I had to revert back to using WPS-PSK just for my PSP.   You could try changing the security, to see if thats it.   

Hey it worked.  Thanks for that.

Now i can finally get this DL content.

Kasz216 said:
Ajescent said:
Kasz216 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:
Ajescent said:
Vetteman94 said:

and if the PS3 slim didn't sell well and the PS3 phat still sold well and was way outselling the PS3 slim.... the PS3 slim would be a failure.

But why count them seperately? Either way, the psp is selling, it offers an alternative, either way you are still buying a psp.

I'm defending the psp as a whole because it comes across as if some people (Not you persay) are using the Go as a back door to suggest that the whole psp name is a failure, it's not uncommon to see people who don't care think highly of Sony let alone the psp use it as a means to sling unnecessary insults at it, that's why I always say the psp family as a whole is doing well.

Additionally, VGchartz doesn't count the Go seperately (as far as I'm aware) therefore it is considered a part of the psp name so to count it on it's own is considered a low blow in my opinion.

Second additional points, I don't see many comments on how the DSI:XL/DS etc are doing whether it's good or bad but yet we get one of these much too often, I call nitpicking.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?