By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up!!! (Nov 6, 2010)

For a dusty console, the Wii is doing pretty good.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

Didn't the Mario bundle release this week ? Anyways good numbers all around.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

flagstaad said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

How many 3rd party devs have had success on the wii? Not many. So you can't really blame them. Imagine them making a game like GOW on the Wii, how many H&S games have sold well on the system? 'They' don't expect big sales even if they develop for the wii, that's all they are saying. GOS sales are not complete here, we don't know how much it sold on PSN, or WW for that matter for sure. So wait until we get proper confirmation of it before going down this discussion. Developing for a handheld is much cheaper also which helps.

I for one HOPE Sony buy off R@D and make them focus on PSP2 and PS3 soon. They are such good devs. GoS is an AMAZING game

Look at it this way, its like Nintendo lends Mario or Link to a third party company (we are talking about GOD OF WAR, not an unknow franchise) and the sales go very bad.

Its true that the sales are not complete but its a very discouraging start, specially if you compare it with something like Goldeneye that you can say its also a "nintendo franchise" developed by a third party, a very similar situation than the GoW one. The point that I am trying to make its that they dismissed the Wii for the next project, but didn't do it for the PSP a year and a half ago, and are not taking into account the "wearing off" of the 360 and PS3 in 1.5-2 years, they either are not learning from their mistakes or are forgetting that the development process takes a lot of time.

Yeah but its on the PSP, a game that sells over 1mil on the PSP is considered a success for the system. and R@D arnt strangers they also made the highly acclaimed Chains of Olympus. which i played and thought was excellent - personally i was dissappointed with GOW3, and GOS looks more my cup of tea after seeing the trailers etc.

other developers have also tried and failed on wii, games like RE the darkside chronicles, or Dead Space extraction have encourged big developers/publishers like EA and Capcom to focus their efforts elsewhere. imo R@D are a good developer who've made the right choice because even if the PS3 or 360 wears off in a year or 2, they're not wearing off now, its better they do their best with what they got at the moment imo. (but just what i think, no one get upset).

Notorius.A.i.G said:

In the real week yes, but only last week on EMEAA( this week for VGChartz). Confused?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Demotruk said:
Hus said:
Demotruk said:
Smashed said:
That's the most delusional written comment i've seen in my entire life on this forum.

Kinect should significantly push systems for the next few weeks at a minimum. GT5 will get a one week boost and be glad of it.

lol

see for kinetic to actually push anything, it would need a little thing called lick ass games.  A 150 add on wont do anything with out some really good games pushing IT. 

Ok, so before Americas numbers come in, you expect to see X360 have WoW growth in line with the season and other consoles?

well put some numbers up, will 360 sales % increase be double or triple of Wii PS3 ? give or take 5/10% is meningless in my eyes. 

i expect it wont be much differant then the other two. 

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:

According to Amazon.co.uk it released 29 Oct 2010, so yes it would be included in these numbers.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Hus said:
Demotruk said:
Hus said:
Demotruk said:
Smashed said:
That's the most delusional written comment i've seen in my entire life on this forum.

Kinect should significantly push systems for the next few weeks at a minimum. GT5 will get a one week boost and be glad of it.

lol

see for kinetic to actually push anything, it would need a little thing called lick ass games.  A 150 add on wont do anything with out some really good games pushing IT. 

Ok, so before Americas numbers come in, you expect to see X360 have WoW growth in line with the season and other consoles?

well put some numbers up, will 360 sales % increase be double or triple of Wii PS3 ? give or take 5/10% is meningless in my eyes. 

i expect it wont be much differant then the other two. 

I expect it'll have at least 40% WoW growth, and be at least 50% above PS3. Then it should maintain at least some boost for a few weeks. On the other hand if you're right WoW growth should be comparable for the two. We'll see quite soon.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Beuli2 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

In the real week yes, but only last week on EMEAA( this week for VGChartz). Confused?

Nah.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

NYANKS said:
Soma said:

Why the massive boost for Wii? The Holiday season? Goldeneye? Red Wii is not included in this numbers is it?

I'm glad for it but something tells me PS3 may be undertracked again.

LOL, and what does than mean?

Anyway, I read the Red Wii is included so that explains the boost

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

CGI-Quality said:

You've just come in each week claiming the "rain" (pun intended) of dominance was over for PS3 in just a few weeks. He's right in the sense that you're showing almost a fear of PS3 topping the Wii continuosly. I agree with you, Wii will probably beat the PS3 this week (though I don't think it'll beat the 360). But you have had this agenda for over a month now.

Just reminds me of this http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns serious truth

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000