By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think it's safe to say that kinect will push the 360 above ps3..

This holiday season. Look, Kinect sold 500k in america in 3 days. I don't believe move has even reached those numbers in america. If move can boost the ps3 the way it has been, kinect should smash those numbers don't you think? With black ops bundle, timed black ops exclusive content etc. The 360 should be at top this holiday don't you think?

ps I dont think gt5 will give the ps3 more than 100k boost because most gt lovers got ps3 for gt5p no? I could be wrong there we'll see i guess.

Around the Network

in NA, it is guaranted yeah
wait, it is already ahead

Time to Work !

move "shipped" 1 million units it's first month in the americas, and 1.5 million in european territories in it's first month

@kowenicki

I disagree, have you tried it?

mM

It could, and because of Americas it probably will be above PS3, but nothing is safe to say.

About your GT5 comment: there were also people who said that Halo: Reach won't boost 360's sales because most already bought one for Halo 3, but they were proven wrong. Just saying...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

its possible but i don't think so, but i wouldn't doubt it!

i don't think the black ops bundle, timed black ops exclusive content etc will help 360 at all. i think it will be more like GTA4 did. nothing.

Around the Network
snfr said:

It could, and because of Americas it probably will be above PS3, but nothing is safe to say.

About your GT5 comment: there were also people who said that Halo: Reach won't boost 360's sales because most already bought one for Halo 3, but they were proven wrong. Just saying...

How much did Halo Reach boost the 360? About as much as you will see GT5 boost PS3.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

It's expensive, people seem to think that a high percentage of those who bought Kinect at first glance don't own a 360.. Which I don't believe is true. I think the effect will be smaller than people think, as my professional guess is that most own the 360 and bought the Kinect. Also, there are heavy reports of Kinect not selling well in different store. With everything I've gotten so far, I just cannot see it impacting sales largly after the first week, which is naturally the biggest in comparison. But anyways, we shall see. Curious how attractive the Kinect truly is to outsiders (non-360 owners).

Honestly, I don't know ANYONE with a Kinect and I know tons of people who own 360's and even Wii's.... Jus' sayin'.

YEah it should sell quite a few

But I totally disagree with the latter part of your post, "THE DRIVE OF OUR LIFE" will sell tons of PS3's!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

thx1139 said:
snfr said:

How much did Halo Reach boost the 360? About as much as you will see GT5 boost PS3.

I don't know the numbers right now, but it gave the 360 a good push, especially in NA, if I remember right. Anyway, we don't know how much GT5 will boost PS3 sales, and I actually don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about that...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

leo-j said:

move "shipped" 1 million units it's first month in the americas, and 1.5 million in european territories in it's first month

@kowenicki

I disagree, have you tried it?

the units =/= unique move owners i believe. for instance, a move owner could buy 4 move controllers. 1 million shipped/ 4 = 250k. and not all of the shipped move units sold to people so it could be at about 200k sales which is less than half of what kinect sold in 3 days...