By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday SALES!!!

AnOldLady said:

Since you are not going to purchase TVs every year, I would suggest that you opt for 120Hz TV at least. 240 Hz is pretty much the norm for high end LCDs (>$1000) today, which means that they will be common place next year. 

Also make sure that it doesn't have motion blur and lag, which is been a problem with 60Hz TVs. While regular programs may not be affected that much, gaming will most certainly be. Unfortunately, stores won't let you hook it up to a console. 

120 and 240HZ gimmicks add lag, not reduce it. The only thing they could reduce is motion blur, but they do this while increasing lag as well. 60HZ 2010 TVs of the major brands have been improved dramatically on this, there is no noticable lag on my 2 month old 60HZ LG TV :)

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I did not intend to say that 60Hz TVs are bad. Higher frequency(>=120Hz) means that that there will interpolated frames between true frames. That will enhance your gaming experience as your perception of motion will be smoother. 

120Hz TVs aren't that costly either, and you can get some really good ones. 

nice thread , keep updating it

Nice deals on consoles, but nothing interesting with games :( Is that ToysRUs deal only for the games listed or is it for any game?

Where's the deals on PS3 titles?

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

http://bfads.net/Target-Black-Friday-Westinghouse-40-60Hz-1080p-LCD-HDTV

Is 60 Hz okay for gaming?

Only problem is if you're interested in 3D. Other than that, no problems what so ever.

AnOldLady said:

I did not intend to say that 60Hz TVs are bad. Higher frequency(>=120Hz) means that that there will interpolated frames between true frames. That will enhance your gaming experience as your perception of motion will be smoother. 

120HZ is only good with a none fast paced game, like a racing game for example. For fps games however, most will want to turn this feature off.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27387880

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

dsister said:
Calmador said:

So you think that PS3 bundle is good?

No, but I didn't see any bundle with a PoP game 

@dsister

Hardly worth you sayng someone needs glasses... your a waste of time. Don't expect a reply if you reply. Don't even expect me reading your reply, I won't.

@thread

Anyways...

Sony should've stuck with the Uncharted 2 Bundle solely... and not make that Unleashed 2 bundle... a God of War 3 bundle would've looked much better. Best even yet... GT5 Bundle would've been the best move and Bundle over all consoles.... but instead Sony puts Unleashed 2.... terrible.. not worthy of a bundle.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Cirio said:

Nice deals on consoles, but nothing interesting with games :( Is that ToysRUs deal only for the games listed or is it for any game?

The bottom of that ad says it includes all consoles, so I take that to mean that multi-platform games are all ok. At least that's what I hope when I go in that night to grab Goldeneye and MoH(ps3).

Vexxmania said:
AnOldLady said:

120HZ is only good with a none fast paced game, like a racing game for example. For fps games however, most will want to turn this feature off.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27387880

I do agree about the additional lag due to interpolation and yes for FPS games it is recommended to turn it off. However, the additional lag is not that much since newer TVs also have better processors. And as you say, for movies and racing games, 120 Hz is the way to go. 

On a side note, if lag is such an important issue, then why not go for plasmas?  :)