By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will never meet our sales expectations and it's Sony's fault

GT5 was never gonna meet anyones sales expectations because you all thought the game was gonna sell over 8 million copies and that was never ever going to happen.

Around the Network

I've got it preordered since two months, I don't care when it's released because it'll show up at my door anyway.

Whatever folks, non-issue.

it is pretty annoying, but i can garantee that when they annonce the release date everything will be fine nobody likes the uncertainty of is it or isnt it 2010

CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

GT5 was never gonna meet anyones sales expectations because you all thought the game was gonna sell over 8 million copies and that was never ever going to happen.

Yeah, the game has been out for all this time and it couldn't even net just ONE sale.

Oh Sony!

I actually think its gonna sell just below 9m......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

Yeah, the game has been out for all this time and it couldn't even net just ONE sale.

Oh Sony!

I actually think its gonna sell just below 9m......

8.99m??

Around the Network

man i hope this game does well the PD has spent a long time on it they deserve the sales. But on another note they said GT6 would come around 2 years after GT5 so these racing games could sonies over dominating push in europe.

Either way i haven't bought any racer (except burnout paradise) this generation in anticipation for GT5.

I hope it succeeds.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

-ku- said:

man i hope this game does well the PD has spent a long time on it they deserve the sales. But on another note they said GT6 would come around 2 years after GT5 so these racing games could sonies over dominating push in europe.

Either way i haven't bought any racer (except burnout paradise) this generation in anticipation for GT5.

I hope it succeeds.

PD has got most of the money they invested into GT5 back from GT5:P sales already

any money made from GT5 is a bonus.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Its not sad that sony did not announce a release date. It is sad that some people on these forums actually support sony not having a release date when the game has gone gold. Sure GT5 will have its sales but I agree with the OP said. GT5 was suppose to feel like an event. This is suppose to be Sony's biggest game of this generation and they are messing around with it?? No advertising, no release date, and possible noy black friday week? There is a reason why not many games get released in december. And that reason is that retailers in U.S. are able to get massive sales for many products. If GT5 does not make it black friday week then that will seriously hurt sony.

I agree, this is GT5 damn it! Sony should spend more on advertising and be more organized in the launch of this game.