By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will never meet our sales expectations and it's Sony's fault

Maybe there going to do massive markating once the games come out, to give it longer legs.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
Pyramid12 said:

nah not really, watch it hit 10m and watch all the ones who said it wont do it magically disappear YET AGAIN.

happened with uncharted 2,god of war3, heavyrain, GT5 is the continuation....see its kinda like a video game too it has sequels LOL!

The difference is that GOW3, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain all released very well and with some marketing to back them up. I've seen nothing outside of shop posters for GT5, we have no release date, people are getting pissed and it's becoming more and more likely that GT5 will release next year. I could even see all the major regions having totally different release dates, which would only hurt the launch. 

this will not hurt the launch AT ALL

the only thing I agree with you is that Sony could play their card WAY (VERY WAY) better in general
but I m not sure it play a big role here with GT5 or at least not as big as you think

Time to Work !

4k1x3r said:
Doobie_wop said:
Pyramid12 said:

nah not really, watch it hit 10m and watch all the ones who said it wont do it magically disappear YET AGAIN.

happened with uncharted 2,god of war3, heavyrain, GT5 is the continuation....see its kinda like a video game too it has sequels LOL!

The difference is that GOW3, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain all released very well and with some marketing to back them up. I've seen nothing outside of shop posters for GT5, we have no release date, people are getting pissed and it's becoming more and more likely that GT5 will release next year. I could even see all the major regions having totally different release dates, which would only hurt the launch. 

Bold1: Dude are you stupid? Marketting is not suposed to start one month before the launch -_- Or it's done by Microsoft, they like to do it early for big releases... Just wait some time more, the week before the launch will be full of ads, don't worry...

Bold2: Who's getting pissed? x) We're just getting even more excited after such a long wait.

Bold3: Lol I like statements like this one, it seems that you didn't read the news recently, seek for the informations and then come back, because for know all you're telling us is the level of your intelect...

Bold4: Lulz² I won't even comment on that, just bear in mind that it's the biggest franchise for Sony, I'll let you make the conclusions to this...

I'm not stupid. The Holidays are coming, Microsoft and Nintendo have gone into full gear and it's likely that they're getting to hit even harder over the next month. GT5 is competing against some serious hardware and software during the holidays and not one ad has been shown. If the GT5 was releasing this month, we'd have seen something by now, if it releases in December, then they've missed Black Friday and  probably a whole bunch of opportunities to grab some of that consumer Christmas money.

This forum seems to be overly positive towards anything that involves a certain bases specific console. Other forums aren't so forgiving, Neogaf, podcasts, Giant Bomb, Shack News, Jostiq and so on are starting to get pretty annoyed at all the false promises and lack of confirmation. People are still excited, but they aren't happy with how things are going down.

I don't see anything wrong with assuming it might release next year, they've already delayed it once, even though we were all so sure it was going to be released on November 2nd.

Sony have been making some really stupid mistakes this generation, they've already screwed up the launch of there largest game twice and they still haven't even guaranteed a new release date yet. 

It's not cool to call someone stupid, you should probably avoid that in the future, other posters might get offended.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

10m is guaranteed. Look at all the features and it has 16 player online races.

This game doesnt even need a big marketing campaign. The whole web is going crazy just about the release date and discs being printed, seriously.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Doobie_wop said:
4k1x3r said:
Doobie_wop said:
Pyramid12 said:

Bold1: Dude are you stupid? Marketting is not suposed to start one month before the launch -_- Or it's done by Microsoft, they like to do it early for big releases... Just wait some time more, the week before the launch will be full of ads, don't worry...

Bold2: Who's getting pissed? x) We're just getting even more excited after such a long wait.

Bold3: Lol I like statements like this one, it seems that you didn't read the news recently, seek for the informations and then come back, because for know all you're telling us is the level of your intelect...

Bold4: Lulz² I won't even comment on that, just bear in mind that it's the biggest franchise for Sony, I'll let you make the conclusions to this...

1) I'm not stupid. The Holidays are coming, Microsoft and Nintendo have gone into full gear and it's likely that they're getting to hit even harder over the next month. GT5 is competing against some serious hardware and software during the holidays and not one ad has been shown. If the GT5 was releasing this month, we'd have seen something by now, if it releases in December, then they've missed Black Friday and  probably a whole bunch of opportunities to grab some of that consumer Christmas money.

2) This forum seems to be overly positive towards anything that involves a certain bases specific console. Other forums aren't so forgiving, Neogaf, podcasts, Giant Bomb, Shack News, Jostiq and so on are starting to get pretty annoyed at all the false promises and lack of confirmation. People are still excited, but they aren't happy with how things are going down.

3) I don't see anything wrong with assuming it might release next year, they've already delayed it once, even though we were all so sure it was going to released November 2nd.

4) Sony have been making some really stupid mistakes this generation, they've already screwed up the launch of there largest game twice and they still haven't even guaranteed a new release date yet. 

5) It's not cool to call someone stupid, you should probably avoid that in the future, other posters might get offended.

1) And so what? If Microsoft and Nintendo are into full gear that's cool for them dude, all I have to say..

And the games that'll release in the following weeks have great chance to hurt GT5 sales for sure, that's sounds totally consistent, AC Brotherhood, Kinect, Call Of Duty, Nail'd etc they all are the same genre, everyone will prefer COD:BO, it's a better racing sim than GT5. What a reasoning...

Even NFS Hot Poursuit will not hurt GT5, because it's not a sim, it's full arcade. People who wanted GT5, will buy GT5...

2) Subtle way to call me a fanboy =) And no it's not the case. I'm on more than 10 forums everyday, I know what I'm talking about when I say that not alot people have lost interest in GT5. If someone posts here, it doesn't mean he only posts here and isn't going to any other website...

3) Yea the fact that Sony promised it, Sony AU promising it before 9 Dec because of a special offer, Retailers giving release date before the end of the year, the fact that some people already have the game, made videos, showed the box the cd everything is not enough, that's right I agree. GT5 may even be cancelled considering at this rate! OMGZ!

4) Yea everything repeats the same way everytime!

5) I don't care, if only people were thinking before posting, I wouldn't have to do it..

Around the Network

Looking at the preorders,GT5 is looking likely to have a similar launch to it's previous iterations,if not better.

Your point is..?

4k1x3r said

GT5 is competing with all the other games this holiday, people have limited budgets and there plenty of other games to purchase this holiday. People have got to remember that Halo, Mario, COD and GT sell to the casual audience, the majority of the people who buy those games aren't forum dwellers. If GT5 misses the Christmas rush, then it pretty much loses most of that audience, they would have spent there money on other games and they are more than satisfied. 

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to VGChartz in general, people can be a little to protective of their consoles on this site. People are talking about GT5, but most of it is because they are expressing their annoyance with the lack of new info and release dates. I'm basing my statement on what I've read on the things I mentioned in my previous post, I can provide the info if necessary.

Your getting ridiculous, I added it as a possibility and I also mentioned that it might only occur to specific territories. Retailers have all given a bunch of different dates, SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ seem to be tripping over each other in their statements and it's not like it's impossible, Sony have done it before.

Your argument here is just silly. If someone trips over every time he takes a second step, then it is likely he his going to trip on his 101st step. Sony's track record hasn't been that great this generation, I find it hard to take there word for anything.

I research before I post. Nothing I've said is wrong. I don't have to rely on childish insults when I get a little defensive over a company. You should be upset with Sony, If I pre-ordered a product with a set release date, I should be able to get pissed off when that product isn't sent to me on time and then the manufacturer doesn't respond with any information on when I can pick up my purchased goods.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
4k1x3r said

GT5 is competing with all the other games this holiday, people have limited budgets and there plenty of other games to purchase this holiday. People have got to remember that Halo, Mario, COD and GT sell to the casual audience, the majority of the people who buy those games aren't forum dwellers. If GT5 misses the Christmas rush, then it pretty much loses most of that audience, they would have spent there money on other games and they are more than satisfied. 

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to VGChartz in general, people can be a little to protective of their consoles on this site. People are talking about GT5, but most of it is because they are expressing their annoyance with the lack of new info and release dates. I'm basing my statement on what I've read on the things I mentioned in my previous post, I can provide the info if necessary.

Your getting ridiculous, I added it as a possibility and I also mentioned that it might only occur to specific territories. Retailers have all given a bunch of different dates, SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ seem to be tripping over each other in their statements and it's not like it's impossible, Sony have done it before.

Your argument here is just silly. If someone trips over every time he takes a second step, then it is likely he his going to trip on his 101st step. Sony's track record hasn't been that great this generation, I find it hard to take there word for anything.

I research before I post. Nothing I've said is wrong. I don't have to rely on childish insults when I get a little defensive over a company. You should be upset with Sony, If I pre-ordered a product with a set release date, I should be able to get pissed off when that product isn't sent to me on time and then the manufacturer doesn't respond with any information on when I can pick up my purchased goods.

I will just say that the sales of a game like GT5 doesn't all happen in the first few week of its launch like it's the case for most regular games.   ¬_¬

This franchise has always shown incredible legs.  I don't see why GT5 would have a different fate considering there is more hype for this title than there has ever been for any other entry in the series.

who cares about your or our expectations, the only one that matters is Sony's.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

OK I'm going to make this quick and use part of one of my previous post on playstation blog. Also, I'm not going to make an account on this site because I really don't give a SH!T. SO "4k1x3r" if I don't ever respond, don't think that your small brain had a solid argument to scare me off. I am only doing this because "Doobie_wop" is 100% right and you are 100% stupid.

Here is what I said when Kyamiguchi decided to anounce that he was hosting the GT Awards pretty much right after he told the world that they weren't going to get GT5 on November 2.This is a little out dated now but I don't really want to waste anymore of my time on GT5 forums then I already am.

"Kyamiguchi *EDIT* and 4k1x3r, are *EDIT* the worst business man ever in the world of business. I was in high-school when this game first begun productiong and it seems that nothing has changed. I am in a bachelor of commerce program now and can tell you that Kyamiguchi never took a business program in his life. His business model is to make the game perfect. Are you KIDDING ME! Nothing is perfect, just look at my grammer. My high-school computer engineering and programming teacher told me that you can always make your programs better. The hard part is knowing when to stop. You don't see Mac or Windows working on there OS until they have every imaginable feature included before they release it. They make a decent OS then they upgrade it with new features. Build on the original product like any normal software developer keeps the consumer interested in the product for a longer period of time.

In the world of downloadable content, PD could easily have called 'GT5 Prologue','GT HD' and only have had one title for a game that could transform from year to year. Producing add-ons that cost something like $20. That way, instead of getting revenue from only the game that is so called 'perfect', PD could get more money from add-on features, cars/tracks, while at the same time pleasing their customers and keeping them interested and invested in the game over a LONGER PERIOD OF TIME.

BUT NO! Kyamiguchi thinks it is a good idea to cancel a release date (if needed or not) and have a GT award show to rub it in their fan base's faces. Have you ever heard of CRM!?!? It stands for 'customer relationship management' (google it) because your doing a horrible job of it. 

Having an award show is the worst thing they could have done to their consumers. Referring back to CRM, that I mentioned earlier, I am sorry, but an award show does NOT satisfy the majority's needs or wants! I have sat on the side-lines thinking that PD knew what they were doing. Their business management is crap. Someone please buy them out, when they go bankrupt, and save their amazing developers from unemployment because they are true artists; really amazing."

Someone mentioned that not all of the sales are done when it is first released. That is completely true but only to a certain extent. Google 'promotional mix' and 'product life cycle' and you'll get the graphs explaining why marketing strategies are SO IMPORTANT! GT5 does NOT have it's own market! That is what everyone seems to think. They are competing with every other entertainment product/service out there. People have a limited amount of money and they WILL buy what they can.

If I had to guess, I would say they are hoping that reviewers will do the marketing for them saying the game is amazing and that it is a must buy. However, GT5 and SONY have not had enough promotional awareness for the average consumer to purchase a PS3 in the first place before christmas for GT5 or MOVE. Everyone is focused on the xBox with the Kinect and the statistics will back me up on that. If I didn't know that the worlds best game is coming out. I would never buy the consol that plays it for my kid if I already heard that the worlds best commercial "gaming hardware breakthrough" (it's not that great) is coming out on another consol. THEREFORE, GT5 is competing in the same market as everyone else because of the limitation that it has, THE CONSOL which brings it into the consol battle!

BUT there are those die hard fans watching these forums all day long and you guest it, they are pissed off!!! You can't find a forum without 'GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE' or 'BUY THE GAME USED SO SONY DOESN'T GET YOUR MONEY'. That relates back to CRM meaning PD's management is not only F$@#ING up in the marketing department but also with their customer relationship (their die hards) and that means. Who the hell is buying this game? How are they going to make enough money to pay off their fixed costs and keep sony from cutting them? HOW?!?!?! :s

BTW this GT5 problem isn't really sony's fault. GT5 wouldn't have gone gold before 2011 if sony didn't force Kyamiguchi (who I am going to call a GT HOG) to release the dam game. Which says that SONY's management does have a hint of business strategy in them. YEAH! I see promise in the future. :)

I could go on all day but I think I have said enough to piss of stupid (yes 4k1x3r your stupid). Enjoy sucking at life and your stupid signature gif image reel is stupid, stupid. Take a marketing or business course before you start calling people stupid and yourself an expert, STUPID IDOT!!!