By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will never meet our sales expectations and it's Sony's fault

Right now we have leaked copies of GT5 popping all over Europe, we have several major retailers all giving different release dates and nearly all of them claim that it's an official date given to them by Sony. If we were to believe that GT5 was going to release at the end of this month, I can't see how it's going to be as successful as it should be. We have had no advertising at all, we have no release date, every official statement comes out in mumbles and they keep changing, the gaming journalist are getting pissed off because of all the changes in dates and info are screwing them around and gamer forum dwellers the world over are sweating bullets in anticipation of any real news. It's disgusting.

Microsoft, Activision, EA or Nintendo would never allow something like this to happen with their largest franchises, could you imagine a Halo or Mario launch like this? They always come out spectactulary, like it's an event and they are usually on time.

Sony have made a big turn around in the last year, but sometimes it feels like the Slim launch, the Kevin Butler campaign, the first party titles are all just huge flukes, because when it comes to big things like the Move launch and the GT5 release, they absolutely butcher it.  

Sony have got to get a better grasp on everything and start pushing forward. They might make a turn around, but with only 14 days until the unofficial GT5 launch, I doubt they're going to pull out an amazing marketing campaign and GT5 will release with a whimper instead of the bang it should have gotten.

I'll just say that my excitement is dwindling more and more every day and I'd like to ask if all the PS3 fans feel the same way and how they feel about this whole travesty of an ordeal. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

GT5 is LBP2 xD

I think I'm starting compassionating to all of PS3 fans now...

pffffffff

this supposed failure will be a NON event on sales.

Time to Work !

nah not really, watch it hit 10m and watch all the ones who said it wont do it magically disappear YET AGAIN.

happened with uncharted 2,god of war3, heavyrain, GT5 is the continuation....see its kinda like a video game too it has sequels LOL!

While I can't say that they are sending GT5 to die because it's far to big for that,but they really did miss a real sweetspot of a release window before Black Ops/kinect was released which would also have given them the full two month run up to Christmas. The new launch date is still okay, just not as good. It's a pity because this really was the huge hitter for Sony this Christmas.

I've really put most of Sony's screwups this gen (and there have been a fair amount of them) on the shoulders of management because there is no-way I can fault Sony's first party studios which are amazing. I keep thinking that if management had made the PS3 competitively priced from the start that the userbase would have been large enough to give a lot of Sony's first party studios the sales they deserved. It's just my personal opinion.

Around the Network
Pyramid12 said:

nah not really, watch it hit 10m and watch all the ones who said it wont do it magically disappear YET AGAIN.

happened with uncharted 2,god of war3, heavyrain, GT5 is the continuation....see its kinda like a video game too it has sequels LOL!

The difference is that GOW3, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain all released very well and with some marketing to back them up. I've seen nothing outside of shop posters for GT5, we have no release date, people are getting pissed and it's becoming more and more likely that GT5 will release next year. I could even see all the major regions having totally different release dates, which would only hurt the launch. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Pyramid12 said:

Lol, I know what you were trying to say, but funny regardless

Doobie_wop said:
Pyramid12 said:

The difference is that GOW3, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain all released very well and with some marketing to back them up. I've seen nothing outside of shop posters for GT5, we have no release date, people are getting pissed and it's becoming more and more likely that GT5 will release next year. I could even see all the major regions having totally different release dates, which would only hurt the launch. 

Bold1: Dude are you stup**? Marketing is not supposed to start one month before the launch -_- Or it's done by Microsoft, they like to do it early for big releases... Just wait some time more, the week before the launch will be full of ads, don't worry...

Bold2: Who's getting pissed? x) We're just getting even more excited after such a long wait.

Bold3: Lol I like statements like this one, it seems that you didn't read the news recently, seek for the informations and then come back, because for know all you're telling us is the level of your intelect...

Bold4: Lulz² I won't even comment on that, just bear in mind that it's the biggest franchise for Sony, I'll let you make the conclusions to this...

why don think the marketing won't be there?

and do you only think about the opening,sony has never been good at it

there will be 5 of the biggest shopping weeks following the unofficial gt5 release date,even if they start during them.the sales will be massive as people will be buying then and a great product will sell in big quantities

and do you know how games sales slide after launch

if GT5 launches at 500k then expect it to maintain the same sales or bigger for every 5 weeks till the end of the year

Go to the VGC Forums and look at the forum hot topics, just incase you're too lazy. HERE YOU GO!

This is what will make it reach the sale expectations and I assure you, most other sites have similar threads going on. The internet is letting everyone know about GT5!