By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 = November 24!

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Mummelmann said:

This could be big. If it weren't for the fact that no one cares about GT any longer and would rather buy Forza, play FPS games or are so tired of waiting that they won't buy the game out of spite.

First week sales will be about 250k worldwide imo, given all the aforementioned factors.

I don't know if your joking or not but it has 250k alone in NA.

he was joking ;)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
ozsman said:
CGI-Quality said:
ozsman said:
CGI-Quality said:
ozsman said:
CGI-Quality said:
ozsman said:
psrock said:

Why pay for ads when the whole internet is buzzing about this game.

The  internet didnt help KZ2. Just saying

That's pretty flawed. GT5 and KZ2 have two different impacts on the PlayStation platform. KZ2 also didn't have even half of the hype build up GT5 has and will have. The first week alone should outsell KZ2's current numbers altogether, not to mention this is a holiday release (unlike KZ2).

As Rock put it, the situations have nothing in common.

i'm just saying the buzz for both were on the same lvl. Internet buzz doesnt mean shit tbh.

I'm not comparing sales of the two just the same buzz..

And there again, you're incorrect. The buzz for GT5 easily exceeds KZ2, be it online or off.

there u go again ..option =fact? hmm my (option) be it as it may the buzz this the same the popularity of gt5 is 2 fold.

Opinion =/= fact, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that KZ2 didn't have the kind of hype that GT5 has.

i dont think  the buzz is there as much as it could have been or would have been being dragged out this long . I guess one thing i'm looking at is the buzz for kz2 when the good reviews hit too...Back in the day kz2 buzz on the net was fking insaine. Anyways I imagine when the reviews hit for GT5 it will go there the roof..Hard to get a buzz for a delayed game.

No buzz? Norway's biggest online newspaper (about one million readers a day) have stories on GT5 every other day now and all the forums I'm currently a member of are blazing with GT5 anticipation as the launch draws near (even one dedicated to muscles and working out). GT5 has tremendous buzz, a lot more than any other GT title ever had, both on the internet and offline. I'm not saying it will sell more than the other GT games (in fact; I have no reason to believe it will) but to say that there isn't a lot of buzz around this title is the fallacy of the year, if not the decade, on these forums.

FireBringer said:

Okay, according to Fastlane daily, GT5 comes out.... New Years Day.... I am angry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5preUyABCU&feature=sub

Go to 2:42 for the information; What is with PD not saying it. This confusion is terrible!

No game will ever release New Year's Eve/Day. Please use common sense people.

I just wish Sony would say something. I have ZERO respect for them at this moment.

[ ! ] TO ALL CANADIANS - The Real Canadian Superstore will have GT5 on sale for $49.99 as indicated on their latest holiday flyer

I never said no buzz or isn't alot of buzz have I?

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:

[ ! ] TO ALL CANADIANS - The Real Canadian Superstore will have GT5 on sale for $49.99 as indicated on their latest holiday flyer

What date do they have?

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

ozsman said:

I never said no buzz or isn't alot of buzz have I?

Then what exactly are you saying? Communication is a key factor even on internet forums if you want to avoid being misunderstood and having potentially valid points overlooked/drowned in incoherence.

You seem to be implying that KZ2 had more buzz on the internet or just as much, which is blatantly false every which way one looks at it. Do specify though.

I agree with whatshisname! Gran Turismo 5 has no Buzz at all, which is a shame!

Buzz would have made for a great driver, and they could have included a quiz about cars with Buzz.

Sony failed again!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ozsman said:
V-r0cK said:

What date do they have?

from Nov.12th to Nov.25th...so we got 2 days? lol

V-r0cK said:
ozsman said:
V-r0cK said:

What date do they have?

from Nov.12th to Nov.25th...so we got 2 days? lol

i guess i better call first..closest game store to me is two and a half hours away =/