By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 = November 24!

Sony has confirmed to retailers via its official Indian distributor that Gran Turismo 5 is confirmed for a November 24 release, and since India is part of the SCEE territory, chances are that this is also the date for Europe and the Middle East. Bangalore-based retailer GameZen received the release confirmation from Milestone Interactive (the distributor) and posted the information in the vendors’ section of the IVG forums. They have since been contacted by Milestone and directed to hold off on taking orders.

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/2010/11/november-24-release-date-for-gt5/

Some things to consider:

1. Before you question the source, this was the same site that announced the GT5 Signature Edition.

2. The initial announcement of the delay came from some random Russian blog that reportedly got the info from Sony's Russian distributor, so this isn't at all implausable.

3. Sony has re-scheduled the game's Madrid launch party for November 23rd, the day before.

I think this is the real deal, guys!

Around the Network

if this is true, i will be very happy

2 more weeks to finish Fallout New Vegas and Sports Champion. Perfect Timing. Thank you Sony lol!

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

Fack yes!!

And hopefully the North American release date is similar to that one, so GT5 can make a big splash during the Black Friday period.

Monster sales, they are a'comin'!

Around the Network

Nov.24 just in EMEAA? or WW?

fake to me

Time to Work !

Now hopefully we should start seeing marketing push for this game.

Since the 24th falls on a Wednesday I guess we can expect it a day earlier in America (a Tuesday, also same date as launch party) and maybe the day after in Australia/NZ (a Thursday). So it pans out like the originally planned launch.

Wow, a Black Friday week debut! The sales will be epic! My brain is telling me not to celebrate until Sony makes is it official but this makes perfect sense. I guess we'll know for sure shortly.

I can't get Indian Video Gamer's website to load. Is this a hoax?

My local gaming store said 30 November was a placeholder date they'd been given, but they were told it wasn't the official release date and they shouldn't tell any customers that it is. They were expecting the actual release date to be first week of December. Another game shop was telling people 30 Nov confirmed (to get the pre-orders I presume).

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix