By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is Uncharted 2 so good

really its ruining my gaming. The game is SO GOOD that i so harshly judge over games, i don't fine it fair but how can i not 

Uncharted 2 is the best game i have played that pulls off 

1. Great Story: draws you in, and no matter how hard the situation or your get lost you are constantly trying as hard as possible to see the end of the story. For example in the mountains puzzle platform section, i got lost. really for like an Hour but i still played constantly to find out what happens next. Also the part were you have to fight the 3 super mutants guys in the small area. I played it like 100 times wanting to see the end. No game has done that for me, usually i just quit and come back later. 

2. Great game play: perfectly combines plat forming, gunplay and great climatic set pieces that i never get bored and its so varied to get me constantly interested. I hate it when games have the same game play from start to finish. 

3. Great Twists: really i have never been shocked more in a game with its twists really i never saw Harry Fylin betraying me in the 1 level. And other great twists like the camera man getting shot (i was really going, leave him, leave him) until he gets shot and me happy with glee because of it. And i was absolutely shocked by the super mutants. 

The game is just so good i have played the story like 10 times and never get bored when playing it. Its a game that i will play it then a few months play it again and have as much excitement as the last play though.

Yet no game since has done that for me. Portal 2 was amazing but not on the level of UC2. And my biggest problem will be Uncharted 3. Would Uncharted 2 be so good in my mine that UC3 wont live up to the expectations.

dam you naughty dog, i cant play UC2 for ever...........or can i 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

To sum it up in one sentence, low expectations. If you saw a movie with a story like Uncharted at the theatre, chances are you wouldn't buy the DVD.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

To sum it up in one sentence, low expectations. If you saw a movie with a story like Uncharted at the theatre, chances are you wouldn't buy the DVD.

After Uncharted success Uncharted 2 had high expectation and still beat them all.

For me it is impossible to put into words why Uncharted 2 is so good... always be underrated.

And the multiplayer... haaaa the multiplayer... I can't stop to playing every week.

Are you serious? The story in that game is awful "Magic Stone that gives powers" , omg, it has great gameplay and graphics though

But war... war never changes

because you keep going into these forums where everyon hypes games for no reason

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Squilliam said:

After Uncharted success Uncharted 2 had high expectation and still beat them all.

For me it is impossible to put into words why Uncharted 2 is so good... always be underrated.

And the multiplayer... haaaa the multiplayer... I can't stop to playing every week.

After Uncharted 1 I actually expected a mediocre game....like Uncharted 1

what I got was one of the best games this gen.

I had low expectations from Uncharted 2 initially....not after its reviews though.....so squlliam is still wrong

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The game is great but the story is horribly cliched. The twists are 9 times out of 10, either obvious or completely expected, but it works for the game putting you into the role of a Hollywood blockbuster.

Seriously, there are a number of games out there with better storylines. A lot of RPGs have better storylines. Don't even get me started on books and film.

mchaza said

in the mountains puzzle platform section, i got lost. really for like an Hour

the part were you have to fight the 3 super mutants guys in the small area. I played it like 100 times

thats has to make you the worst player I ever know of (jk)

But yea, it is so good I really have no idea how could Naughty Dog possiblely top Uncharted 2 with the 3rd game, fight on top of a jet plane?? shooting while attached to a falling helicoper?? swing across a forest on fire?? taking on an army of Chuck Norris clone??

And I think while the story is quite cliche, it intergrates well with characters and gameplay, everything just feels nature and right.

Squilliam said:

The expectations were extremely high, I don't know what industry you've been following...

The story in Uncharted 2 is as good, if not better than every other Hollywood adventure blockbuster. Once again, I don't know what industry you've been following, because nearly every smash hit movie to come out in the last ten years has an abysmal storyline. People bought Avatar, Transformers, Twilight and The Expendables, so I can't see why anyone wouldn't buy a movie with Uncharted 2's storyline.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

iBlah said:
mchaza said

in the mountains puzzle platform section, i got lost. really for like an Hour

the part were you have to fight the 3 super mutants guys in the small area. I played it like 100 times

thats has to make you the worst player I ever know of (jk)

But yea, it is so good I really have no idea how could Naughty Dog possiblely top Uncharted 2 with the 3rd game, fight on top of a jet plane?? shooting while attached to a falling helicoper?? swing across a forest on fire?? taking on an army of Chuck Norris clone??

That would be the best thing ever

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey