By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto makes first comments about Mario 3DS!

Alright its not much but its confirmation of two things. Confirmation first that a 3D Mario is in development for the 3DS and second that you will be using the analog stick to control Mario not touch screen or D-Pad, pretty much leading us to believe this will be a 3D Mario.

Firstly in the interview that Miyamoto mentions Mario 3DS he makes an effort to comment on how we will experiance a new game on 3DS.

"One of the things we have looked at, you know when you are in a 3D world but on a 2D screen it is difficult sometimes to tell distance, whether an object you are looking at is in the foreground, in the background, is the object above you? Sometimes it's a little bit harder." - Miyamoto (USA Today)

Now this is not new Miyamoto said very similiar comments in past interviews about 3DS. Infact Miyamoto even said we would see both 3D and 2D Mario games on 3DS. However Miyamoto did not confirm one was in development or talk about it till today.

"And for the first time ever Mario will be on a handheld system with an analog stick for controls. That's new."- Miyamoto (USA Today)

So now we know a new Mario is officially confirmed to be in development. That new Mario will not be touch screen based it will be analog control based, not D-Pad full 360 degree control. We also know judging by comments Miyamoto made in the same interview that the Mario game will probubly be 3D, (No official confirmation, just hinted).

So we know Miyamoto is obviously involved in development. Does this mean Nintendo EAD Kyoto is in charge of the project? Would you rather see Miyamoto's team make it or maybe Nintendo EAD Tokyo (Makers of Galaxy)? What do you think of it being analog controls for the first time on a handheld? Looking forward to it? When do you think Nintendo will official show us the new Mario title? When do you think it will launch?

Discuss and talk all things Mario 3DS here!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I'll buy that the day it is released no matter who makes it.

I think it should be available within next year for the summer or winter holidays.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

"And for the first time ever Mario will be on a handheld system with an analog stick for controls. That's new." 

So what? That commentary was dumb and pointless. And despite of 2D Mario much bigger sucess, Myamoto seems to be still hypnotized at making 3D Mario (another one! I wonder when they will release Super Mario Galaxy 3, oh boy!)

Above: still the best game of the year.

I love 3D Mario Games (Except SMG) so I'll be getting this on 3DS for sure.

Around the Network

Mario and Zelda.

The hype train for this 2 franchises only needs minor comments like "controls with analog stick" or "I can't talk about it now, but I can tell you it is awesome" to keep rolling at an impressive speed.

:P

We will have to wait and see , those comments add nothing to whatever they're working on.

Joelcool7 said:

"And for the first time ever Mario will be on a handheld system with an analog stick for controls. That's new."- Miyamoto (USA Today)

And that's a good thing?

Beuli2 said:

"And for the first time ever Mario will be on a handheld system with an analog stick for controls. That's new." 

So what? That commentary was dumb and pointless. And despite of 2D Mario much bigger sucess, Myamoto seems to be still hypnotized at making 3D Mario (another one! I wonder when they will release Super Mario Galaxy 3, oh boy!)

yeah, why not. I'd love a third Galaxy.

And by the way, do you seriously consider games that sell less than 10 million copies not worth making? Because, you know, there would not be many games on the market that way.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Yes make it 3D instead of the much more welcomed 2D! sigh