By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT 5 Prologue got 39/40 from Famitsu!

GT is one of Sony killer apps ,but not the only one .Games as Singstar and Buzz in Europe may move as many hardware or more than this one .Also PES if a proper next gen version was released (and not the correct but half baked 2008 offering that has had to be patched even ).Others as MGS4 ,Killzone 2 and Final Fantasy XIII or White Knight Story may move a lot of machines depending on what market .

Around the Network

@shams

as I have always said, all EU needs in GT 5 (now with the top gear track the effect will be even more)

& all Japan needs is FFXIII

USA is a lost cause (unless Kz2 turns into this gigantic blockbuster)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

shams said:
This *is* Sony's killer-app. If anything is going to make the PS3 take off in sales - it will be GT.

I wonder when GT PSP will be released... Sony said it would be before GT5 was...

There is plenty of racing/car (game) competition these days though - I wonder if the saturated market will hurt the sales? Find out soon :)

This is only a Prologue and I doubt very seriously that Sony will release the PSP GT game before GT5 hits next year.

Besides, Final Fantasy XIII is the big hit for the PS3 in Japan. That is the game that will make the biggest splash and have the biggest impact. The PS3 has a solid, not spectacular, linep for Japan early 08.

Burnout Paradise will not bomb ... believe me.

Same for Wipeout Pulse (I get a preview from a basher video game website and it seems very good)

Time to Work !

@libulete - Wipeout Pulse 

Preview? Full game is out now and even I wrote a review for this game and it 's wonderful. Definitely one of the best Wipeout game, if you like the series - buy it.

Around the Network

A Prologue and a demo are to very different things. This is much more than a demo.

Edit: Woo! 1,000th post! I never thought Id get this far in a forum.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
A Prologue and a demo are to very different things. This is much more than a demo.

Yeah, a free demo would be 5-10 cars max, 1-2 tracks.

I think that GTHD is more of a demo. It has what 10 cars and one track. People are kinda undercutting them a bit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This review is certainly great news for racing fans and exceptional news for the PS3. It will move a lot of hardware in all regions. I read somewhere this morning that they completely scrapped the physics engine they were using and started from scratch. That's great news as well. If the final game just matches Forza 2's physics calculations and throws in 1080P 60fps to boot, it's going to be a phenomenal game... I suspect P.D. took their time with the physics engine to be sure they left nothing on the table that fanboys could point at the competitor to for having something better... I can't wait to try it out...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

The GT5:prolouge demo is already out on the JPSN store, it has 8(or 10) cars and 1 track with no online play. GT5:prolouge has 5 tracks and 37 cars with online play. PD has been releasing concept and prologue games for quite awhile and charging people for it, no one has complained about it before (as a matter of fact, I remember some people complaining about the point that some of the concepts and prolouges didn't even get released outside of Japan) I don't see what the big deal is now. They are not charging $60 dollars for the game, if people want it bad, they'll get it. If they don't, they wait for GT5. Simple.

@darthdevidem:
"USA is a lost cause (unless Kz2 turns into this gigantic blockbuster) "

That's not true, they may not get back into 1st or 2nd in the U.S. But America is certainly not a "lost cause". MGS4 and FF13 can easily sell systems outside of Japan aswell. LBP *might* become huge, Sony still has GOW3 up their sleeves and IF Blu-ray takes off.... anything can happen. The only thing that's a lost cause this generation is Microsoft in Japan, everything else is wide open at this point.