By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Trophy List

Ajescent said:
darklich13 said:

Car Collector
     Fill your Garage with 1,000 cars.

Ouch, that a tough one there.

If you bought the GTpsp and GT5p, it might be easier...

One I'm most worried about is

GT-R Official Record
     Achieve a time of 7'29.03 on the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a Nissan GT-R '07.

It sounds like you have to hit that to the second...or am I misreading?

Probably as long as you beat the time. Don't think they would make you get the exact time of  7'29.03. Still, that is very quick on that track and that car is not very forgiving. 

I don't have GT5P or GTpsp but I don't think if I added up my garages from GT1-4 I would get 1000.  This game is massive!!!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I won't be able to get any of those! I can't go past 2 turns without a massive spin out!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

some of these trophies are crazy!! but i'm very happy to read that there is Personal BGM. This game will be perfect.

Wonder if the plat takes as long as the plat for White Knight Chronicles (ca. 800 hours).

(>_<)

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

A Bad Clown said:

I won't be able to get any of those! I can't go past 2 turns without a massive spin out!

HA! sucker, I can usually last for 3 or 4 turns (sometimes 5 even!!!)

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Alphachris said:

Damn, I somehow knew it that the Platinum was going to spoil the whole game. If that means 100h I will definitely not buy it. I am not a hardcore racing fan and GT5 has way too much content for me... Its already too perfect.

You refuse to buy a game because you can't get the platinum trophy?

That is one of several reasons, yes. It just would take an enormous amount of time. Since I am not a hardcore racing fan, I will lose interest after 40-50 hours of gaming, regardless how good the game is. Since I will probably only beat 10-20 % of the game within that time, It just wouldn't be worth it.

I bought GT 1-3 so far and left out GT4 because it was already too big for me. Now that i have a 40 hours work I just don't have the time to excessively play a racing game for months. It would be better for me to split those 200 hours into some coop-games with my wife, some RPGs, where she will sit beside me and watch the story; and maybe 1-2 Action/Adventures.

It might sound odd, but having so much content/timesinks can be a bad thing for some people. In my opinion burnout took the right step. I got the Platinum just when it began to get boring. So I stopped playing at the right time. Street Fighter 4/ GTA 4/Resistance 2 kept me playing for the platinum over that saturation point and left a bad taste in the end. I doubt that I will buy another beat'em up/Rockstar game/Ego-Shooter this generation. Especially after that bad joke of Rockstar with the platinum trophy text. I am not a big fan of "Western Games" either.

GT5 will surely be a brilliant game... but getting the Platinum is part of the game for me (and clearly not for the bragging rights, I somehow always wanted to beat all my games, even before trophies were available). Selling a game with a platinum that is almost unattainable for the average gamer is like selling a game that is not beatable. It just feels wrong for me, but that is only my personal opinion. I therefore hope that Metal Gear Solid 4 will not get a trophy patch... that Platinum would certainly be really hard, too.

Alphachris said:
Zkuq said:
Alphachris said:

Damn, I somehow knew it that the Platinum was going to spoil the whole game. If that means 100h I will definitely not buy it. I am not a hardcore racing fan and GT5 has way too much content for me... Its already too perfect.

You refuse to buy a game because you can't get the platinum trophy?

That is one of several reasons, yes. It just would take an enormous amount of time. Since I am not a hardcore racing fan, I will lose interest after 40-50 hours of gaming, regardless how good the game is. Since I will probably only beat 10-20 % of the game within that time, It just wouldn't be worth it.

I bought GT 1-3 so far and left out GT4 because it was already too big for me. Now that i have a 40 hours work I just don't have the time to excessively play a racing game for months. It would be better for me to split those 200 hours into some coop-games with my wife, some RPGs, where she will sit beside me and watch the story; and maybe 1-2 Action/Adventures.

It might sound odd, but having so much content/timesinks can be a bad thing for some people. In my opinion burnout took the right step. I got the Platinum just when it began to get boring. So I stopped playing at the right time. Street Fighter 4/ GTA 4/Resistance 2 kept me playing for the platinum over that saturation point and left a bad taste in the end. I doubt that I will buy another beat'em up/Rockstar game/Ego-Shooter this generation. Especially after that bad joke of Rockstar with the platinum trophy text. I am not a big fan of "Western Games" either.

GT5 will surely be a brilliant game... but getting the Platinum is part of the game for me (and clearly not for the bragging rights, I somehow always wanted to beat all my games, even before trophies were available). Selling a game with a platinum that is almost unattainable for the average gamer is like selling a game that is not beatable. It just feels wrong for me, but that is only my personal opinion. I therefore hope that Metal Gear Solid 4 will not get a trophy patch... that Platinum would certainly be really hard, too.

you do know that you can beat the game by just completing all the careers it doesnt have anything to do with platinums.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

is it just me or are all those trophies listed off-line achievable?

(but what about that 1-2 finish with an evo and impreza? i dont' get it - bspec maybe)

i hope so, i don't like online trophies

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

zgamer5 said:
Alphachris said:

you do know that you can beat the game by just completing all the careers it doesnt have anything to do with platinums.

As I said, for me the Platinum is part of the game. And no developer has to put in such insane or time intensive platinum trophies. You can put in some special Bonus cars for the most hardcore fans without being part of the platinum trophy. I am just not willing to put in more than 20-30 hours in a game without a good story/setting. For GT5 I would possibly spend 50 hours, but that is my limit.

I have not that much spare time left since I have graduated from university. Thats why I prefer short but intense games. "Replay value" can soon turn into opportunity costs for me. Instead of playing through a game 3-4 times I could play 2-3 different games and would get more entertainment out of it. I wouldn't just read a book 2-3 times in a row just to get "more entertainment hours per €".

See it from that point of view. The developers give a statement with the Trophy conditions of what they expect from the gamers. If they expect only 1-2 % of the gamers to get that platinum trophy because of trophy difficulty or time requirements, they are going the hardcore way. So they are telling me, that I am not their main target group. Why should I buy it then anyway?

Well, that is just my opinion. But all my friends are thinking very similar, having not that much spare time per day. I really like playing games and I am spending € 600-1200 per year for games across various platforms. But I am certainly not that hardcore to put in that much time into a single game after I have reached the entertainment saturation point. And if the Platinum Trophy lies outside of that point I will not buy it if it is not a real good JRPG, because ultimatively it is just not worth it.

Alphachris said:
zgamer5 said:
Alphachris said:

As I said, for me the Platinum is part of the game. And no developer has to put in such insane or time intensive platinum trophies. You can put in some special Bonus cars for the most hardcore fans without being part of the platinum trophy. I am just not willing to put in more than 20-30 hours in a game without a good story/setting. For GT5 I would possibly spend 50 hours, but that is my limit.

I have not that much spare time left since I have graduated from university. Thats why I prefer short but intense games. "Replay value" can soon turn into opportunity costs for me. Instead of playing through a game 3-4 times I could play 2-3 different games and would get more entertainment out of it. I wouldn't just read a book 2-3 times in a row just to get "more entertainment hours per €".

See it from that point of view. The developers give a statement with the Trophy conditions of what they expect from the gamers. If they expect only 1-2 % of the gamers to get that platinum trophy because of trophy difficulty or time requirements, they are going the hardcore way. So they are telling me, that I am not their main target group. Why should I buy it then anyway?

Well, that is just my opinion. But all my friends are thinking very similar, having not that much spare time per day. I really like playing games and I am spending € 600-1200 per year for games across various platforms. But I am certainly not that hardcore to put in that much time into a single game after I have reached the entertainment saturation point. And if the Platinum Trophy lies outside of that point I will not buy it if it is not a real good JRPG, because ultimatively it is just not worth it.

Isn't that an over-interpretation?

Sure, they are part of the game, but why care so much if u can't get the platinum?

U might get a lot of enjoyment out of the 50 hours u play the game without getting the plat.

I play a bunch of games where I don't see the point in getting the plat as it is too much of a hassle and no fun at all. On the other hand there r games I like and it's fun to have an extra challange to keep playing and collecting all.

Why not play the games as u feel like playing them. Why force urself to get the plat.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection