By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another trip to best buy!

Another trip to best buy!

seece baby 10 20.41%

hey mama 2 4.08%

nuka cola 7 14.29%

darth is gay 24 48.98%

why not 6 12.24%

Total:49

the move was in stock

kinect wasn't in stock

kinect bundles were in stock

I didn't get a look to see any console stock

microsoft decided to bombard bestbuy with a lot of kinect ads, a huge ad sayign "you are the controller" covered the entire entrace of best buy, but sony had a sony employee, in the playstation section drawing consumers to the move/ps3

microsoft had no one there

mM
Around the Network

when you talk about selecting with your hand is it kind of like a mouse where a little hand movement causes more travel on screen? How far off was it? Did it change with how fast you moved your hand? Just wondering

thranx said:

when you talk about selecting with your hand is it kind of like a mouse where a little hand movement causes more travel on screen? How far off was it? Did it change with how fast you moved your hand? Just wondering

Yes a little more hand movement causes more travel on screen, it took a long time for the sensor to pick up my hand as the pointer.

It was off almost signifacantly

yes of course

mM

Coming from someone that is known as being one of the biggest liars on vgchartz I'm going to take all that with a bucket of salt.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

That's funny.  Works perfectly for me.  And the lag is so minute that the only game I actually notice it in is the Rallyball game you played.  All other games it is so well done you don't notice any delay at all while playing.

The hand guiding the menus also worked flawless with me.  I could use either hand just fine in all Kinect menus (Kinect Adventures, Dance Central, and the Kinect Hub are what I've used so far).

I guess it's pretty easy to make stuff up on the internet, and since you've never been a fan of the 360 or Kinect it really is hard to believe you.

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:

Coming from someone that is known as being one of the biggest liars on vgchartz I'm going to take all that with a bucket of salt.

so kinect has 1:1 motion! its confirmed.

im not saying leo j isnt lieng, its just that hes not the first one who talks about the lag, it was mentioned in reviews. other then that  i barely read what the wrote.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Mendicate Bias said:

im not saying leo j isnt lieng, its just that hes not the first one who talks about the lag, it was mentioned in reviews. other then that  i barely read what the wrote.

I'm not saying he's lying about the lack of 1:1 for him

I'm saying that he intentionally blows things out of proportion and adds in little inflammatory tid-bits in order to start flamewars.

I have no intention of buying Kinect, its way too expensive with no software of interest for me but I can clearly see that he is trying to get a rise out of people that do intend to get it and enjoy it.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

nightsurge said:

That's funny.  Works perfectly for me.  And the lag is so minute that the only game I actually notice it in is the Rallyball game you played.  All other games it is so well done you don't notice any delay at all while playing.

The hand guiding the menus also worked flawless with me.  I could use either hand just fine in all Kinect menus (Kinect Adventures, Dance Central, and the Kinect Hub are what I've used so far).

I guess it's pretty easy to make stuff up on the internet, and since you've never been a fan of the 360 or Kinect it really is hard to believe you.

I'm not making stuff up, it even took pictures of me, if the pictures are sent to the net, I would gladly show you, the pictures of me playing the game, and that was the only game I played

mM
Mendicate Bias said:
zgamer5 said:
Mendicate Bias said:

I'm not saying he's lying about the lack of 1:1 for him

I'm saying that he intentionally blows things out of proportion and adds in little inflammatory tid-bits in order to start flamewars.

I have no intention of buying Kinect, its way too expensive with no software of interest for me but I can clearly see that he is trying to get a rise out of people that do intend to get it and enjoy it.

true, he does that, when i saw kinect in his thread, i told myself heres another flame war.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Darth is gay!

And Kinect is doomed

Above: still the best game of the year.