By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Mass Effect 2 PS3 Content detailed?

chocoloco said:

If Mass Effect 3 comes out a year later I might have to wait an extra year to get the complete game.

Of cvourse losing all my decisions from the 1st two games would suck, but I feel cheated now on 2 based on all the free and new contnet me3 psw3 will have.

Probably, won't have the willpower to wait, so hopefully me3 releases at the same time for both systems.

It wont. Me3 is due sometime around 2012-2013.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
hatmoza said:

I'm so happy I decided not to get this on  the 360.

Good things come to those who wait.

The early birdf always gegts the worm. :P

Oh wait, I got screwed.

I played the 360 version and dont feel screwed at all. PS3 owners have missed out on quite a bit of Mass Effect series. I feel the 6 hours plus extra content is the least they could do to fill in the gaps for them. 360 gamers can go on business as usual. If a 360 owner is a true Mass Effect fan they really wont miss out on very much, being that there are novels, comics, DLC and a 40 hr exclusive game  that they have right now which PS3 fans have to either wait for or wont even be able to touch.

I hope they use the extra development time to enhance the game for the PS3, kinda like what 2K did with Bioshock.  And fix any glitches that were present in the 360 version.  Do that and this is a day one for me.  Oh, and Move support would be pretty cool, though not necessary.

Maybe they'll release a GOTY edition for 360 with that content at the same time. Would be nice.

kowenicki said:
tyig said:

Definitive.

not really... ME1 plus ME2 plus ME3 is definitive.

Well I played ME1 on my 360 before it died, but this doesn't change the fact that Mass Effect 2 "definitive version" is on ps3

But war... war never changes

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

I hope they use the extra development time to enhance the game for the PS3, kinda like what 2K did with Bioshock.  And fix any glitches that were present in the 360 version.  Do that and this is a day one for me.  Oh, and Move support would be pretty cool, though not necessary.

Yeah, the only thing with Bioshock was they put in 2 new trophies, one finishing the game on the impossible mode without dying, which made it a lot harder for me than my mate who had a 360, lol. but i would appreciate move support or sixaxis, if they can integrate it properly, theres no need for a tacked on thing imo.

A203D said:
thismeintiel said:

Yeah, the only thing with Bioshock was they put in 2 new trophies, one finishing the game on the impossible mode without dying, which made it a lot harder for me than my mate who had a 360, lol. but i would appreciate move support or sixaxis, if they can integrate it properly, theres no need for a tacked on thing imo.

Actually, other than a few new options (which includes the Survival Rooms DLC), they also reworked most of the textures on Bioshock to be higher res.  Bethesda did something similar with Oblivion, while also improving the draw distance.

thismeintiel said:
A203D said:
thismeintiel said:

Actually, other than a few new options (which includes the Survival Rooms DLC), they also reworked most of the textures on Bioshock to be higher res.  Bethesda did something similar with Oblivion, while also improving the draw distance.

Well i the game did look very well polished, so i'm not supprised. and it actully performed extremely well for a port!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
chocoloco said:
hatmoza said:

Oh wait, I got screwed.

I played the 360 version and dont feel screwed at all. PS3 owners have missed out on quite a bit of Mass Effect series. I feel the 6 hours plus extra content is the least they could do to fill in the gaps for them. 360 gamers can go on business as usual. If a 360 And I afree the owner is a true Mass Effect fan they really wont miss out on very much, being that there are novels, comics, DLC and a 40 hr exclusive game  that they have right now which PS3 fans have to either wait for or wont even be able to touch.

I was being a little dramatic, but I mostly remain bitter that I was told it was an exclusive and it was not. In the end,  I am happier to play it early and on the 360 because I could transfer my data from ME to 2 and I know I understand ME world a million times more due to playing the first one. I agree the game was long enough as it was, but I am tired of microsofts lies.

chocoloco said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chocoloco said:
hatmoza said:

Oh wait, I got screwed.

I played the 360 version and dont feel screwed at all. PS3 owners have missed out on quite a bit of Mass Effect series. I feel the 6 hours plus extra content is the least they could do to fill in the gaps for them. 360 gamers can go on business as usual. If a 360 And I afree the owner is a true Mass Effect fan they really wont miss out on very much, being that there are novels, comics, DLC and a 40 hr exclusive game  that they have right now which PS3 fans have to either wait for or wont even be able to touch.

I was being a little dramatic, but I mostly remain bitter that I was told it was an exclusive and it was not. In the end,  I am happier to play it early and on the 360 because I could transfer my data from ME to 2 and I know I understand ME world a million times more due to playing the first one. I agree the game was long enough as it was, but I am tired of microsofts lies.

Nobody lied really.  It's just that EA bought Bioware and that changed everything.  If there is a weakness around certain 360 centric franchises its that they come from third parties and MS can't always fully tie up the IP.  I mean, do MS own Gears or Epic?  If Epic then whatever MS wants they could put it on anything they chose, from iPads to the PS3.

I think when ME released there was no doubt it was 360/PC only.  It was only when EA bought Bioware that it became almost inevitable the franchise would go multiplatform.

In the end only fully owned IP is sure to remain exclusive.  Anything else is potentially up for grabs if things change.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...