By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 100 million copies of FIFA

Electronic Arts today announced that total sales of the FIFA franchise has surpassed 100 million units. The video game series of the world's most famous football now in its 18th year of life, sold with FIFA 11 the record figure of 2.6 million copies in its first five days from the: sales were up last exponent 20% compared to last year, a total that is close to 8 million units. 
Matt Bilbey, vice president of EA SPORTS football, said: "Few video game franchise has ever reached 100 million copies and for this we thank the millions of fans around the world that have allowed us to achieve this goal. L 'had decided to distribute a free downloadable content is most popular and played a wonderful tribute to all fans of FIFA 11 . "

Source

Around the Network

Wow, its seriously undertracked then, because VGchartz has it at about 65 mil, makes you think what other franchises could have sold a lot more than we think - but great news for soccer fans!!

lol, RolStoppable - i dont even like football, never bought any of the games, but its good news for EA..... who dont really need the money anyway - but still!

what content. good for ea, every fifa experience is fresh, mainly becaus every one of their games has a diffrent feel, fifa 09 was slow, fifa 10 was fast, and now fifa 11 is very slow. for some reason the game is very addicting.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Great sales for a great franchise

RolStoppable said:
A203D said:

lol, RolStoppable - i dont even like football, never bought any of the games, but its good news for EA..... who dont really need the money anyway - but still!

Right, EA doesn't need that money. Not at all.

I meant their one of the biggest gaming publishers in the world, if not possibily the biggest. its not like their Quanitic Dream or Ninja Theory who depend on the revenue of one game, EA arnt in that position. but i dont know whether they need it or not - dont know about their earnings man, just making idle conversation!

Around the Network

We are 11!!!!!!

A203D said:
RolStoppable said:
A203D said:

I meant their one of the biggest gaming publishers in the world, if not possibily the biggest. its not like their Quanitic Dream or Ninja Theory who depend on the revenue of one game, EA arnt in that position. but i dont know whether they need it or not - dont know about their earnings man, just making idle conversation!

EA needs every dollar they can get. They haven't exactly made much money in the last few years.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

RolStoppable said:
A203D said:
RolStoppable said:

They desperately need all the money they can get from FIFA and Madden. EA has been posting losses for most quarters during the past few financial years. Big doesn't equal healthy.

lol, i didnt know, that i thought because they were huge and because they just bought bioware, and they have access to so many IPs i just thought they wernt in any need of extra cash.

Mario - 240 million
Pokémon - 207 million
Tetris - 125 million
The Sims - 125 million
Need for Speed - 100 million
FIFA - 100 million

3 out of the 6 are EA franchises.

I am happy about this. I remember being wowed with FIFA 96 and loving road to world cup '98. Am also deeply enjoying 11 after a good 10. My seems I have contribuited a fair deal to this!