By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Hybrid control 360 games coming

libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

so core games which have kinect sections?

NAH !

Core games with motion gaming
FPS where u can throw ur grenade using ur hand (precision ? range ?)
FPS where u can move the camera using ur head (but if i look left then ... i cant see the screen anymore !)

well, the grenade looks functionnal but not really "needed" for classic core games

In a way, it confirms we dont "need" motion gaming for classic core games

The best advert MS can possibly make for Kinect is to give a big, online multiplayer two control schemes -  FPS classic controls and hybrid. The core will flock to buy Kinect when they find they are unable to compete at their favourite shooter without it

Around the Network

meh...was expected(well I saw this coming)

People, people.people,

Halo 4 would be much better with kinect, You will play halo 4 with the controller in the same way, but with kinect you also have the ability to strafe left and right with your body and peek over objects by moving your head up.

This will give kinect players a slight advantage, but wont mean you need it.

Also watch out for a few new single handed controllers coming next christmas

Nidan

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

scottie said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

FPS where u can move the camera using ur head (but if i look left then ... i cant see the screen anymore !)

well, the grenade looks functionnal but not really "needed" for classic core games

The best advert MS can possibly make for Kinect is to give a big, online multiplayer two control schemes -  FPS classic controls and hybrid. The core will flock to buy Kinect when they find they are unable to compete at their favourite shooter without it

true but we will soon see how it does with FPS released for the PS3 like Socom or Killzone

we will see how online is affected by the controller

Time to Work !

Nidan said:

People, people.people,

Halo 4 would be much better with kinect, You will play halo 4 with the controller in the same way, but with kinect you also have the ability to strafe left and right with your body and peek over objects by moving your head up.

This will give kinect players a slight advantage, but wont mean you need it.

Also watch out for a few new single handed controllers coming next christmas

Nidan

your going to eat some crow in the near future

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
scottie said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

true but we will soon see how it does with FPS released for the PS3 like Socom or Killzone

Why would Socom or Killzone do anything? Motion control such as that employed by Move has been known to be better for FPS since the release of Red Steel. If you want to argue that Kinect will not be able to do as well then that would be a more interesting conversation, but I shan't be drawn into a discussion that was settled years ago.

scottie said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

I seriously doubt yelling "grenade" and hardware to process this to mean hit the "A" button will be faster than simply hitting the "A" button. Yelling "grenade" just translate in the game as hitting a button. I also doubt you will have a big FPS title with cause players using a controller to be at a disadvantage. This is why console shooting will not give players the option to use a keyboard/mouse.  Remember Kinect just like Move are still add-ons (not cheap either) as both parties will try to avoid splitting up their user base.

It's still an interesting point; what if both Move and Kinect gives FPS gamers a huge advantage. Will this cause everyone to buy into motion controls or will it just end up splitting up their user base which is still smaller than Wii.

scottie said:
libellule said:
scottie said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

Why would Socom or Killzone do anything? Motion control such as that employed by Move has been known to be better for FPS since the release of Red Steel. If you want to argue that Kinect will not be able to do as well then that would be a more interesting conversation, but I shan't be drawn into a discussion that was settled years ago.

well, i m not sure that we seen lot of game where online player FPS could use classic control or wiimote like control and face each other

that is what i meant

Time to Work !

Smidlee said:
scottie said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

I seriously doubt yelling "grenade" and hardware to process this to mean hit the "A" button will be faster than simply hitting the "A" button. Yelling "grenade" just translate in the game as hitting a button. I also doubt you will have a big FPS title with cause players using a controller to be at a disadvantage. This is why console shooting will not give players the option to use a keyboard/mouse.  Remember Kinect just like Move are still add-ons (not cheap either) as both parties will try to avoid splitting up their user base.

It's still an interesting point; what if both Move and Kinect gives FPS gamers a huge advantage. Will this cause everyone to buy into motion controls or will it just end up splitting up their user base which is still smaller than Wii.

about the grenade : it is not only pushing a button, it is pusing a button aiming

so at the end, it may easier using kinect !

Time to Work !

I think Jesus has answered my prayers.

This is what we need anyways, hybrid games.  I'd been thinking this is the ideal path from the get-go.  Body only games are all fine and dandy, but having a controller too doesn't hurt.