By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Hybrid control 360 games coming

non-gravity said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

so core games which have kinect sections?

NAH !

Core games with motion gaming
FPS where u can throw ur grenade using ur hand (precision ? range ?)
FPS where u can move the camera using ur head (but if i look left then ... i cant see the screen anymore !)

well, the grenade looks functionnal but not really "needed" for classic core games

In a way, it confirms we dont "need" motion gaming for classic core games

Sounds a bit like the Sixaxis controller

except sixaxis was not that supported, not needed AND not that much functionnal

Time to Work !

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

FPS where u can move the camera using ur head (but if i look left then ... i cant see the screen anymore !)

well, the grenade looks functionnal but not really "needed" for classic core games

true, ms are taking a risk by making core kinect games, they dont need core gamers buying kinect, the casual is enough, and with their add campaign things look god for know. i think core games should stay with a normal controller, motion control is a nice plus, but not when it doesnt require a controller, unless if the game is about being a goal keeper.

NAH II lol

Indeed, it is very important to seduce the core gaming TOO.

Because, the casual, they dont consider at first buying a 360 and they dont have a 360 (so it costs more to jump in). They may not even know kinect right now. It may change with kinect release and party games and marketing but it will take some time.
So the very early adopter (week1) are Xbox360 core gamers that want to try kinect (overhyped on internet since E3 2009) or core gamers with children or casual already having a 360.
Indeed, it is like the early adopters of the Wii : big Ninty fans that wanted to play the next Mario/Zelda, not that much casuals people looking for Wiifit.

So it is very important to have those early adopters buying new stuff and showing these news stuff to their family, friends, neighbour etc ....

Time to Work !

I think it is just a matter of time until we see a sort of Kinect controller to go with it. Like a little controller with an analogue stick and a few buttons. Like the Nunchuck. However i doubt MS will make it as it will go against the whole point of the thing. But i can imagine game designers doing it eventually. By doing so will open up the tech to hardcore games.

libellule said:
zgamer5 said:

NAH !

I would so buy kinect  if it would incorporate this!!!

kowenicki said:
Vetteman94 said:

So is this Microsoft realizing that their "core" games wont work without an actual controller??  

I'm pretty sure they always knew this...  as did everyone else.

They were ALWAYS going to release hybrid games... its kind of obvious.

Well since I didnt really follow much of the kinect stuff I was just assuming they were serious about the whole "no controller is needed" thing

So does this mean the slogan is going to change to    You are the controller..... Sometimes.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Vetteman94 said:
kowenicki said:
Vetteman94 said:

So is this Microsoft realizing that their "core" games wont work without an actual controller??  

Well since I didnt really follow much of the kinect stuff I was just assuming they were serious about the whole "no controller is needed" thing

So does this mean the slogan is going to change to    You are the controller..... Sometimes.

slogans are just slogans... 

Well it was just a joke so......

Vetteman94 said:
kowenicki said:
Vetteman94 said:
kowenicki said:
Vetteman94 said:

slogans are just slogans... 

Well it was just a joke so......

NAH III

it was marketing ! and a pretty good one if u ask me

Time to Work !

It could work for camera control since Kinect mic is very precise for example you could control the zoom of your sniper rifle saying "zoom more" "zoom less", lock on camera on an enemy would be useful too. The grenade thing I don't see it working since you have to keep the button pushed while aiming so you would have to say 2 commands to launch a grenade (grenade aiming and grenade launch.

kowenicki said:
Vetteman94 said:

how long have you known this?

Because I've seen at least a couple posts where you showed no inkling.

One was where you were arguing that 

One was a thread by richardhutnik asking how MS was going to convert kinect users to core users using the idea that nintendo converted casuals to core because of the controller itself. Getting users started with simple motion controls would lead to holding a controller in the traditional way. You said you had no idea, and then defended it by saying nintendo hasn't converted many anyways.

Then in another thread, you said that ps move wouldn't sell as much as kinect because core gamers would stick to the standard controller.

I stated before  that when it comes to more hardcore games  Kinect (with a controller) and Move will work pretty much the same way.