By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does PSP2 need to compete against 3DS?

famousringo said:

It needs a unique value that people can't get from either the 3DS or current smartphone platforms.

Yeah, I don't know what, either.

Those who think OLED is a killer feature have been letting buzz get the better of them. The latest OLED displays fail to outperform the latest LCD displays in many respects, including brightness and power usage:

http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_1.htm

Have you ever seen Samsung Galaxy S picture quality?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

The ones who said games were correct. Monster Hunter is a must if they want to keep Japan, especially since a lot of the other titles that have kinda defaulted to PSP there will probably default to 3DS. Sony's going to have to work hard to make sure Monster Hunter doesn't make that leap too, especially while Nintendo's shown that they can do a better job promoting the game in the West

Sony will need to take a stronger leadership role on the PSP, something they've been trying to do, though it hasn't been as helpful yet. One of their main problems is that Sony's largely been putting the B-teams on the handheld installments so far, outside of a few choice points like SCEJ

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KungKras said:

A miracle.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:
KungKras said:

A miracle.

LOL

On a serious note: It only needs good games and a good price point.

Also, that rollable screen doesn't have any practical gameplay use. It is good for gadgets but for gaming purposes it would be pointless. Pretty much the opposite of a touch screen or 3D screen.

it needs an official announcement first

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:
Christian973 said:
KungKras said:

A miracle.

LOL

Also, that rollable screen doesn't have any practical gameplay use. It is good for gadgets but for gaming purposes it would be pointless. Pretty much the opposite of a touch screen or 3D screen.

the rollable screen comes handy

normally a portable would have a small screen cause people like to carry small things along not a giant in their pocket

but when they use that thing,they like a big screen.this is where the rollable screen can help make it small when not in use and big when people are playing

inoovations 

-two anologue sticks

-ditch UMD drive, replace with second harddrive stick which is uniquely for games 

-psp BC from store (maybe even re-release on new medium) 

games 

-more traditional rpgs, they need something similar to Pokemon but better 

-more platformers 

-cheap "iphone" like games avaliable on the stores (maybe even have packs of 10 available on disk)

-games for all of segas previous consoles on the store playable on both ps3 and psp2 (maybe even psp)

-put better devs on them 

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Christian973 said:
KungKras said:

A miracle.

LOL

the rollable screen comes handy

normally a portable would have a small screen cause people like to carry small things along not a giant in their pocket

but when they use that thing,they like a big screen.this is where the rollable screen can help make it small when not in use and big when people are playing

" doesn't have any practical gameplay use" I said.

But yeah, having a tube in your pocket and then just roll out the screen is a very portable concept. I dig it.

What the PSP2 needs is for Nintendo to make a huge blunder. Anything besides that won't have any effect.

Nothing. The 3DS has already won.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you