By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - mass effect - 1 million copies sold?

white devil said:
eugene said:
I think it will end up having Gears of War like sales life time. This game is gonna have long ass legs cause its actually a really really really good game.

While that's be nice to see, I don't think it's likely. It doesn't seem to doing too well in the UK, and if that's any indiciation it'll come up too short in Europe. 

Shouldnt matter too much as most Xbox 360 games have a great majority of its sales from America anyways.

Around the Network
eugene said:
I think it will end up having Gears of War like sales life time. This game is gonna have long ass legs cause its actually a really really really good game.

no! BAD EUGENE!! *hits eugene on nose with rolled up newspaper* probably 2 million, 2.5.....it won't come close to gears.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
eugene said:

no! BAD EUGENE!! *hits eugene on nose with rolled up newspaper* probably 2 million, 2.5.....it won't come close to gears.

You think its only gonna match Oblivion or only a little better? I think this has more mass market appeal than Oblivion and its selling faster. Its slow start probably had more to do with money drain from other heavy hitters like Assassins Creed and CoD4 that released right before it than low demand itself.  And with the higher installed base it should be able to match Gears if it has great legs.

eugene said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
eugene said:

You think its only gonna match Oblivion or only a little better? I think this has more mass market appeal than Oblivion and its selling faster. Its slow start probably had more to do with money drain from other heavy hitters like Assassins Creed and CoD4 that released right before it than low demand itself.  And with the higher installed base it should be able to match Gears if it has great legs.

since you don't seem to know, i'm going to tell you that gears has sold 5 million copies.

white devil said:
flagship said:
As much as I would like that to be units sold it's probably units shipped. I doubt ioi and the rest of the net are that far off with American sales and Europe certainly isn't making up the rest.

NPD numbers for last month come out thursday so we'll see if it cracks the top 10.

Is Vgchartz even that far off? Keep in mind we don't have NA sales for this week yet, so it could come close.

Also, they say sold in the article.

They say sold, but the key words they are missing there are "to consumers."  Remember, sold to retailers is a very large difference from sold to consumers.  It's possible that VGC undertracked them a bit certainly, but 1 million sold to consumers seems unlikely considering the nature of the game.  That's not to say it won't do as high as 2 million lifetime, but it's not CoD4 or Halo 3.  It's not going to sell everything in the first couple weeks.

Around the Network

Yeah, probably wont match Gears, but definitely higher than 2-2.5 million like Oblivion. Probably somewhere in the middle

eugene said:
Probably shipped. But its also probably undertracked also.

Your ignorance is crushing me!

lol, sorry been saving that one.

On a serious note, how could shipped numbers be under tracked if this is from MS internal data? 

To Each Man, Responsibility
eugene said:
Yeah, probably wont match Gears, but definitely higher than 2-2.5 million like Oblivion. Probably somewhere in the middle

i actually think 2 million is being a bit generous. its gonna need great legs in america then, because its already dropping like a rock in 'others'.

Good game regardless.

Just kiss the tip.

Haven't played it yet... god i want to tho

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina