By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

30. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

In the above picture, Welkin might as well be saying, "Stop! The PS3 has something to offer!" I was a very happy Xbox 360 owner, and the only thing that even remotely looked like it might help Sony sell me a piece of their foundering, overpriced, no-games-having hardware was this beauty. It was a true case of love at first sight. A strategy RPG with these graphics? Yes, please! As the object of my pinings for many months, and being almost single-handedly responsible for bringing me back into the Sony fold, Valkyria Chronicles had a lot to live up to. Happily, it succeeded on every single level. The gorgeous watercolor-looking graphics epitomize to me the term "Sega blue skies", and it's all in service of bringing to life a huge cast of very likeable characters and putting them through an exhaustingly multifacted depiction of war, sometimes cheery, sometimes bleak, but always very human. This whole artistically impressive enterprise is backed up by some top notch SRPG gameplay, making it one of the best games available for the PS3 to this day. And to think this was originally planned for the 360!

Around the Network

MGS3,FFIX and MGS are all WAY TO LOW LOL.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:

I put mgs3 off the list and FFIX at like 43 trollololol

hikaruchan what does my name mean?

badgenome said:

30. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

In the above picture, Welkin might as well be saying, "Stop! The PS3 has something to offer!" I was a very happy Xbox 360 owner, and the only thing that even remotely looked like it might help Sony sell me a piece of their foundering, overpriced, no-games-having hardware was this beauty. It was a true case of love at first sight. A strategy RPG with these graphics? Yes, please! As the object of my pinings for many months, and being almost single-handedly responsible for bringing me back into the Sony fold, Valkyria Chronicles had a lot to live up to. Happily, it succeeded on every single level. The gorgeous watercolor-looking graphics epitomize to me the term "Sega blue skies", and it's all in service of bringing to life a huge cast of very likeable characters and putting them through an exhaustingly multifacted depiction of war, sometimes cheery, sometimes bleak, but always very human. This whole artistically impressive enterprise is backed up by some top notch SRPG gameplay, making it one of the best games available for the PS3 to this day. And to think this was originally planned for the 360!

you were more serious this time :(. This game did not make my list! XD

hikaruchan said:

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
ishiki said:

I agree with you're take on the setting. of MGS3... partially why it's not on my list.

ME2 and MGS is too low. Now I get to doo it.

plus I remember you saying that metal gear solid was the worst metal gear solid. not mgs3. Prepare to be flamed by everyone not me!

I have high hopes for ME3 even if ME2 is really high on my list. The DLC hammerhead settings in overlord was phenomenol. Plus the overlord mission was outstanding. OMG I love overlord.A lot more than I love liara's DLC which is exactly not what I expected.... not that you played those.

My point being if they can include the Hammerhead. The scope would be massive. As well as have more story now that your charactesr for the most part have been aquired. Maybe that will be the best game ever! I hope!

Okay I quit.

MGS3 not on your list?

Too low lawllawl!!!!!!!!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:

I agree with you're take on the setting. of MGS3... partially why it's not on my list.

plus I remember you saying that metal gear solid was the worst metal gear solid. not mgs3. Prepare to be flamed by everyone not me!

I have high hopes for ME3 even if ME2 is really high on my list. The DLC hammerhead settings in overlord was phenomenol. Plus the overlord mission was outstanding. OMG I love overlord.A lot more than I love liara's DLC which is exactly not what I expected.... not that you played those.

My point being if they can include the Hammerhead. The scope would be massive. As well as have more story now that your charactesr for the most part have been aquired. Maybe that will be the best game ever! I hope!

Okay I quit.

MGS3 not on your list?

Well, I told you I thought, MGS3 was worse than MGS4. And I told you MGS4 was not on my list and a fair amount a way from my trio of favorite mgs!. Unless I'm lieing to you.

Depending on how delusional you are. You can make the assumption based on the data I've given you.

@Darth

Uncharted 2 higher than Mass Effect 2?!?!?!?!?! LAWLLAWL

And FFIX is too low lawllawl

Fab_GS said:

@Darth

Uncharted 2 higher than Mass Effect 2?!?!?!?!?! LAWLLAWL

And FFIX is too low lawllawl

oh yeah didn't realize that wtf darth... and FFIX is too high! Fab_GS

ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:

Okay I quit.

MGS3 not on your list?

Well, I told you I thought, MGS3 was worse than MGS4. And I told you MGS4 was not on my list and a fair amount a way from my trio of favorite mgs!. Unless I'm lieing to you.

Depending on how delusional you are. You can make the assumption based on the data I've given you.

Right you are!