By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

thread breaker!@

Around the Network

33. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The first (but not the last) Zelda game on my list, and it was the first one I ever played. I didn't actually own it, I borrowed it from a friend for about two months. I haven't actually played it since then either. Still, the game had a lasting impact on me, as it started the love I have for this great franchise. It introduced a lot of important items and concepts to the franchise as well, the legendary master sword had it's debut here, for example. It also introduced the concept of a 'light' and 'dark' world to the series.

As I haven't played it for quite some time, my memory of the actual game is a little sketchy at best, but it is most definitely deserving of being in my list for the reason mentioned above, it was my first Zelda game. Without playing it, who knows if I'd have played the later games, and this list might have ended up totally different.

VGChartz

33. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)

Yes, I like planting things in my little imaginary garden. In fact, I love it! Sometimes I even take matters into my own hands and impregnate the cows. I always feel a little weird about this, but it's very profitable and allows me to plant even more things in my garden. Pretty soon it's more than I can handle on my own, so I have to enlist some helpful harvest sprites to lend a hand. For me, this is probably the best part of the game as I'm from Mississippi. Making others do agricultural labor is in my blood, and Harvest Moon allows me to exercise my natural instincts without breaking any laws. Thanks, Natsume!

ishiki said:

#34 Final Fantasy V
This is my favorite 2D Final Fantasy by a fair margin. And is fittingly in my Top 5 final fantasy (I've listed 2 already so where does that place this hmmmmmmmm?) This game has an excellent job system (my favorite character building system). Similar to the system in X-2. And in the Online ones. This job system is addicting. In that you can combine 2 separate jobs on each character with four characters in the battle system. This creates many options at to how you develop your character. Also while this games story is not the most complex. But in my opinion complexity is not a necessity and this game benefits from that. It's fun, and has a lot of humor particularly random lines from gilgamesh and galuf. And Only 5 characters are playable. (I like less characters generally)
The battle system is a little dated, but it is speedy and made fun by the jobs you get to choose for battle.

A good choice. But Super Mario World and FFVII are too early!

hikaruchan, you broke the thread.
Try fixing it by editing your post.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
haxxiy said:

40 - METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS (PS3)

too early lawllawl

Be happy it made into the list, unlike MGS2.

haxxiy said:
darthdevidem01 said:
haxxiy said:

40 - METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS (PS3)

too early lawllawl

Be happy it made into the list, unlike MGS2.

now, you made me unhappy. :P

I'm much worse than darth unhappy  jk

Scoobes said:
ishiki said:

#34 Final Fantasy V
This is my favorite 2D Final Fantasy by a fair margin. And is fittingly in my Top 5 final fantasy (I've listed 2 already so where does that place this hmmmmmmmm?) This game has an excellent job system (my favorite character building system). Similar to the system in X-2. And in the Online ones. This job system is addicting. In that you can combine 2 separate jobs on each character with four characters in the battle system. This creates many options at to how you develop your character. Also while this games story is not the most complex. But in my opinion complexity is not a necessity and this game benefits from that. It's fun, and has a lot of humor particularly random lines from gilgamesh and galuf. And Only 5 characters are playable. (I like less characters generally)
The battle system is a little dated, but it is speedy and made fun by the jobs you get to choose for battle.

A good choice. But Super Mario World and FFVII are too early!

FFVII maybe I never can make up my mind on that one. Mario World no... I have a really irrational choice for best 2D mario haha as with some of my top games XD

Okay guys, time to compliment/insult other people's choices until we get to the next page!

Smeags said:

Okay guys, time to compliment/insult other people's choices until we get to the next page!

Good idea.