By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

you guys broke the thread. Please fix. mgs4 isn't even on my list... @Darth trollolololol

@Fab_GS... FF8, has obvious problems... particularly after beating it 8 times. Darth knows where it is on my list though XD... in order to get really high  (top 5) on my list I have beaten it 5 times XD... not that thats one of them!.

Only 3 games have got better the second time I beat it though... >_> and FF8 was not one of those.

everythings better the first time for the most part. Like Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. I thought it was the best movie ever first day in theatres... and then I realized I must have been high! @Darth trollololol again!

Around the Network
ishiki said:

you guys broke the thread. mgs4 isn't even on  my list... lolz

What is not on your list NOOOOO!!!

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:
ishiki said:

maybe I was lieing to trip you up. :D

who's responsible for breaking the thread? you or darth >_>

ishiki said:
hikaruchan said:
ishiki said:

maybe I was lieing to trip you up. :D

who's responsible for breaking the thread? you or darth >_>

No. 36: Portal (PC, also on 360, and PS3 Orange Box)

This was pure genius. Only a few hours long with a few bonus maps, but everything was sheer brilliance. The innovative portal gun, some inventive and mind bending physics puzzles and wonderfully funny. I played this on my own and went through the whole thing in a single sitting. A few weeks later I spent a few hours of a gaming session with some mates going through the campaign and simply laughing at their reactions. Pure gaming genius.

No. 35: Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3, also on 360)

I enjoyed the first, but it had its flaws. This fixed the flaws and expanded on the good things in the original. The free running, platforming and cool assassinations remained, but there was also a quality sandbox game with numerous activities, and a decently fleshed out story with enough mystery to keep things interesting.

No. 34: The Witcher (PC)

Oddly I got this game after a Zero Punctuation review (he hated it!). Everything he complained about I knew I would enjoy and I was right. The fantasy and magical world created by Adrzej Sapkowski is one filled interesting characters, deadly politics and ambiguous morality and this translated beautifully into the game. Unlike most Western RPGs where moral choices are almost clearly defined by good/bad/neutral (think Mass Effect wheel, Forgotten Realms alignment, Light/Dark side in SW), in The Witcher, your choices had major outcomes where there was no clear right or wrong. The way they handled the "adult" content was a bit weird, but otherwise, a superb WRPG. Can't wait for the sequel!

Around the Network

#34 Final Fantasy V
This is my favorite 2D Final Fantasy by a fair margin. And is fittingly in my Top 5 final fantasy (I've listed 2 already so where does that place this hmmmmmmmm?) This game has an excellent job system (my favorite character building system). Similar to the system in X-2. And in the Online ones. This job system is addicting. In that you can combine 2 separate jobs on each character with four characters in the battle system. This creates many options at to how you develop your character. Also while this games story is not the most complex. But in my opinion complexity is not a necessity and this game benefits from that. It's fun, and has a lot of humor particularly random lines from gilgamesh and galuf. And Only 5 characters are playable. (I like less characters generally)
The battle system is a little dated, but it is speedy and made fun by the jobs you get to choose for battle.

So. Should we post enough to create a new page? That usually fixes this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

So. Should we post enough to create a new page? That usually fixes this.

or darth or hikaruchan could fix it. whoever posted bad  html or something. It was one of them I think no? And I think it was hikaruchan.

edit I don't know if they can anyways they're buttons are missing I think.

ishiki said:
ishiki said:

#34 Final Fantasy V
This is my favorite 2D Final Fantasy by a fair margin. And is fittingly in my Top 5 final fantasy (I've listed 2 already so where does that place this hmmmmmmmm?) This game has an excellent job system (my favorite character building system). Similar to the system in X-2. And in the Online ones. This job system is addicting. In that you can combine 2 separate jobs on each character with four characters in the battle system. This creates many options at to how you develop your character. Also while this games story is not the most complex. But in my opinion complexity is not a necessity and this game benefits from that. It's fun, and has a lot of humor particularly random lines from gilgamesh and galuf. And Only 5 characters are playable. (I like less characters generally)
The battle system is a little dated, but it is speedy and made fun by the jobs you get to choose for battle.

FFV is awesome love the Job System. 

33. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

The only DS game on my list, well... at least this year. I'll buy some DS games when I get my 3DS next year. Anyway, NSMB was great and in the short time I had the DS I really enjoyed it.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3