By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

badgenome said:
ishiki said:

and they'll never finish this trilogy :(

Assuming Bioware survives the inevitable crash and burn of the KOTOR MMO, maybe they'll let Obsidian do it for them one day. Hope springs eternal!

wait, why doesn't obsidian just finish it anyways. O_o. Or is it bioware's IP that they just let obsidian do KOTOR3? Or is it georgy's IP?

Oh wait, obsidian needs someone to do the engine for them :P

O_o err just brain storming.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
badgenome said:
ishiki said:

Assuming Bioware survives the inevitable crash and burn of the KOTOR MMO, maybe they'll let Obsidian do it for them one day. Hope springs eternal!

wait, why doesn't obsidian just finish it anyways. O_o. Or is it bioware's IP that they just let obsidian do KOTOR2? Or is it georgy's IP?

It's almost certainly LucasArts' IP, but I imagine everyone involved would be smart enough to slap Bioware's name on it. And yeah, Obsidian needs an engine.

badgenome said:
ishiki said:
badgenome said:
ishiki said:

wait, why doesn't obsidian just finish it anyways. O_o. Or is it bioware's IP that they just let obsidian do KOTOR2? Or is it georgy's IP?

It's almost certainly LucasArts' IP, but I imagine everyone involved would be smart enough to slap Bioware's name on it. And yeah, Obsidian needs an engine.

oops I meant KOTOR3 not 2, I think you got that anyways though.

41.DEVIL MAY CRY(PS2)

Devil May Cry is an awesome Action Hack & Slash Horror Game. This is the Game that started out life as Biohazard 4 (RE4) but Shinji Mikami beleaved that it was to far removed from the Biohazard formula that he got Hideki Kamiya to turn it into its on IP and the rest is history.

I first played this again after Onimusha and loved it. You play as the half Human half Demon Bad Ass Donte who is hired by the Femme fatale Trish. 

The Gamepay is awesome with very deep combo system the Boss battles are epic to. the Game difficulty curve is high which creates a good Challenge. 

the music is awesome Hard Rock & Techno you can go wrong with that.

DEVIL MAY CRY INTRO CUTSCENE 

Devil May Cry OST : Ultra violet - Nelo Angelo Battle

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

ishiki said:
badgenome said:
ishiki said:
badgenome said:
ishiki said:

oops I meant KOTOR3 not 2, I think you got that anyways though.

Have a lil' faith guys. Bioware are working on a currently unannounced title (on top of the MMO, ME3 and Dragon Age2). There is still hope.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Scoobes said:

No. 38: Final Fantasy X (PS2)

A somewhat controversial choice. I was really looking forward to this when it was released and I remember my original thoughts were "Holy crap, this looks amazing!". The graphics really were amazing for the time, but on top of that it had some entertaining characters, some good level design, and a battle system that both improved the pace and strategy of the battles. The story was also quite interesting although let down by the horrible Western voice acting. The FF purists may complain it lacked a world map and was too linear, but playing through again it actually has a variety of different areas to visit & later revisit, a good number of optional bosses and an enjoyable mini game in Blitzball. 

I agree with this choice... though where I put it is a lot different then where you put it :P

I will say that I agree with your number 1 choice and placement too! ;) It's my number 2!

/not suposed to be talking about this but we didnt!

Yeah, I think if anyone has seen my post history, my no. 1 will be no suprise :P

I definately agree with your no. 2 ;)

Fab_GS said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Scoobes said:

No. 38: Final Fantasy X (PS2)

too early lawllawl

I agree lawllawl

There's just too many great games out there guys!

No. 37: Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne Expansion (PC)

Before the monster that is World of Warcraft, there was a humble fantasy RTS series with RPG elements. The third in the series was the one to suck me in. Very rarely is a single player story mode done as well in the RTS genre as Blizzard manage it and Warcraft 3 epitomised how Blizzard are so successful in that department. This is saying nothing of the 4 races, the balance between them and the cool fantasy world that ended up spawning the biggest MMO to date. The only downside was that levelling your hero sometimes took focus away from the startegy in the game, but it was fun nonetheless.

37. Monster Hunter 3

Of course I had to put a game that I invested over 200hrs in on my list.  My first MH game was a blast to play.  I eventually had to shelve it so I could actually play other games.  If the online is still going strong 4-5 months from now I'll get back into it. 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Haven't had time to update mine for nearly 2 weeks so time for a massive one

48. Soul Calibur 2 (PS2) - I wasted so many hours on this and it was probably the last fighting game I really loved and played to death
47. Tekken 3 (PS1) - The first fighting game I loved and played to death
46. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (X360) - Amazing online would have kept it but my friends stopped playing so that led to it being boring but still incredible game
45. Shadow Hearts Covenant (PS2) - PS2 was the height of my JRPG binge and this one will always be one of my favourites, I only really remember bits and pieces of it now but one thing is for sure it was awesome
44. Buzz! The Music Quiz (PS2) - I love quiz shows, I love music, so this was in so many ways a perfect game for me, gets boring after a while but still great fun when you get a bunch of people together with some alcohol
43. Theme Hospital (PC) - Bullfrog made such unique games and this one is probably my favourite of theirs, so fun to play and well I got into at the height of my love for sim games
42. Killzone (PS2) - First game I was ever hyped for, the graphics were meant to be so beautiful that I'd never make it by the loading screen...that didn't happen but still I'll never forget this game, was fun too though
41. Yu-gi-oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 (DS) : Addicting...so addicting
40. Tropico (PC) - Who wouldn't want to run their own banana republic? Being El Presidente has never been so much fun
39. Rock Band 2 (X360) - It's a Rock Band game with a great setlist...what more can you say it's awesome, my first Xbox game as well
38. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2) - I can't remember why I liked skateboarding but for a brief while I did and this game was pretty much played every day without fail...and then I lost interest in the whole thing
37. Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - I could go on and on about why this game is overrated but that doesn't stop it from being amazing, sure it looks horrible now but it's still an amazing game...remake please