By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Ninpanda said:
darthdevidem01 said:

41. SUPER MARIO BROS 3 (NES...but I played it on the SNES)

ahhh...my 2nd Mario Game ever. I played Super Mario World first....I played this one after it (we had the Super Mario all Stars with Mario World pack).

It was awesome...but everything felt worse than Mario World to me....but thats not saying much because this was still awesome in every way. One of the great features was the ghost ship you had to go through on basically every worlds end bit (something they added to NSMB Wii).

An amazing platformer for sure!

Fav Music:

Overworld 2

Hammer Bro's Battle

Aren't you a lil' early?

Nevertheless, a great choice! It's quite a lot higher on my list, though.

I agree.  Very early, but at least it's on your list! 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

42. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

This game is pretty much famous for one level, the Omaha beach landing, which was also later recreated in MoH: Frontline for consoles. At the time of playing, I remember feeling that this was one of the most intense sequences I'd ever encountered in a game. This is it for anyone who hasn't seen or played it...

To me, this game represented the peak of the military FPS sub-genre. I haven't really enjoyed anything since.

One of numerous games that was just outside my list. This beach landing was one of the best FPS sequences which was unfortunately over-done afterwards. Scary to think people actually went through stuff like this just over 60 years ago.

Ninpanda said:
darthdevidem01 said:

41. SUPER MARIO BROS 3 (NES...but I played it on the SNES)

ahhh...my 2nd Mario Game ever. I played Super Mario World first....I played this one after it (we had the Super Mario all Stars with Mario World pack).

It was awesome...but everything felt worse than Mario World to me....but thats not saying much because this was still awesome in every way. One of the great features was the ghost ship you had to go through on basically every worlds end bit (something they added to NSMB Wii).

An amazing platformer for sure!

Fav Music:

Overworld 2

Hammer Bro's Battle

Aren't you a lil' early?

Nevertheless, a great choice! It's quite a lot higher on my list, though.

lol wait till you see day after tomorrow's game on my list

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Btw guys, I've changed the look of my list, I add banners now instead of boxarts. Looks much better now!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

No. 41: Tekken 5 (PS2)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/2346/tekken-5/

The Tekken series has been my favourite beat-em-up franchise since Tekken 2. This represents the best of Tekken (with the possible exception of Tekken 6 which I've yet to play). It takes the Tekken formula, and optimises it whilst rectifying some of the annoyances of Tekken 4 (e.g. small arenas). The only thing that could have made this better was if the brough in the tag mode from Tekken Tag. My favourite 3D fighter.

Around the Network

I didn't play Age of Empires II as much as I would've like back in 1999-2000 and hadn't really been involved its multiplayer community. Regardless of that I do recall the games' numerous improvements over the original, its incredibly addicting campaigns, intuitive controls and its impressive interface. Today, I could still go back and enjoy this game immensely. It had left a lasting impression and because of that, it ranks on my list.

I love shooting aliens. I love shooting aliens with others even more. But Gears 2 is so much more than that. Its controls are expceptional, its so damn intense, the weapons are cool, and it's just oozing testosterone and it handles it wonderfully.

I really should try the online component in the next iteration.

46.Biohazard Code: Veronica Complete Version(PS2)

Biohazard Code: Veronica Complite Version (Resdenit Evil Code Veronica X) is awesome Servial Horror Game it is my favorite of the Biohazard Games. the Gameplay was a perfect mix of traditional Servile Horror Gameplay with just the right amount of Action spiced into the Gamplay.  The Story is awesome and unlike its predecessors seems to borrow more from Japanese horror.

The opening CG Cut-Scene  is Pure Awesomeness the Game backgrounds are done completely in 3D and the visuals still even though showing there aged still look very good to this day. and the lighting and sound effects are grate for an early  6th Gen Game.  

BIOHAZARD CODE VERONICA INTRO MOVIE

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Here are the first 10 games on my list so far.

# Title played on

Hexen II  (1997)                                                     

Atmosphere, great graphics, felt evil, nice variety.

PC
49 Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002)   

Not as good as the predecessors but it felt very much Star Wars, looked good and had good storytelling.
PC
48 Battlefield 1942 (2002)

This was a revolution to online gaming with it's huge open maps and vehicles even in the air.
PC
47 Arx Fatalis (2002)

A first person combat-oriented action-RPG. The first one that made it feel right for me. An underrated and unknown game sadly.
PC
46 Tomb Raider (1996)

TR was so important to the cinematic action genre. The first one was the best. It felt more sincere than the sequels and looked gorgeous for its time.
PC

Bioshock (2007)

This goes here for its storytelling, art design and atmosphere. The level design and gameplay mechanics are actually quite average.

PC
44 The Sentinel (1986)

Very original and experimental. I guess it's classified as a strategy game, but I don't know anything like it.  Hard to grip at first and it doesn't have much longetivity and variety, else it had got much higher on my list.
Amiga
43 Empire Earth (2001)

It qualified because of its huge ambition to include the whole civilized history of mankind - from stone age to nano age, and they managed to pull it off making it playable online for up to 4vs4 players. It felt kind of sloppy though and fugly.
PC
42 Populous (1989)

Innovative and before its time. The father of all God games and Molyneux' masterpiece.
Amiga
41 Pirates! (1987)

Innovative and before its time. Addictive, felt huge and had a cozy atmosphere.
Amiga

Slimebeast said:

PC
49 Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002)   

Not as good as the predecessors but it felt very much Star Wars, looked good and had good storytelling.
PC

iga

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey