By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

CrankyStroming said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Your whole reasoning against the battle system goes against its fundamental point....fast pace.

There's no point in continuing this conversation because its like arguing against someone who went into a COD game wanting a VAT's Fallout 3 type combat system.....of course you won't get the latter....its not the aim of the game's combat system, never was. (Its been 9 years since the last turn based FF game....main series)

@CrossX - I'm still confused about the whole Tekken X Street Fighter thing. What's the difference between them?

I shall be more than happy to explain.

Basically Capcom and Namco has decided to team up to develop 2 Games, Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter.

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono, the brain behind Street Fighter IV and SSF IV, is developing Street Fighter X Tekken.

Namco's Katsura Harada, the brain behind the Tekken franchise, is developing Tekken X Street Fighter.

Because Street Fighter and Tekken have different fighting styles (Street Fighter being a 2D Plane Fighting Game and Tekken being a full 3D Plane Fighting Game), they decided that each company should develop each game separately to suit both 2D and 3D fighting.

So Capcom will be making Street Fighter X Tekken a 2D Fighting Game, the one they're the best at using characters from both SF and Tekken games.

Namco will be making Tekken X SF a 3D Fighting Game, the one they're best at and will be using both characters from Tekken and SF.

As of right now, Yoshinori Ono has confirmed that the final roster for his game, Street Fighter X Tekken. No words from Harada with regards to his roster.

It's also been confirmed that both won't be out until 2012 and SF X Tekken will be first out onto the market and Tekken X Street Fighter will be released later.

So the main thing you need to know is that Street Figher X Tekken is Capcom made 2D Fighting and Tekken X Street FIghter is Namco made 3D Fighting.

Hope that clears it up for ya.

Around the Network

43. God of War - PS2

For a long time, I simply ignored this game, due to my prejudice towards Hack n' Slash games. (I didn't like Devil May Cry, so I ignored the entire genre. How broad-minded of me.) Even the fact, that I'm a huge nerd for Greek mythology couldn't bring me to buy this game.

So, after a loooong time without many interesting games, I finally decided to rent God of War, and give it a shot. I came home from the game store, booted up my PS2... And roughly 5 minutes later, I'm testing my mettle against a fucking Hydra!

Needless to say, I felt like a royal jack-ass.

CrankyStroming said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Your whole reasoning against the battle system goes against its fundamental point....fast pace.

There's no point in continuing this conversation because its like arguing against someone who went into a COD game wanting a VAT's Fallout 3 type combat system.....of course you won't get the latter....its not the aim of the game's combat system, never was. (Its been 9 years since the last turn based FF game....main series)

If I wanted ultra-fast-paced battles, I woldn't play a Final Fantasy game, I'd play something like TWEWY.

I like how you try to justify your convictions by comparing a shift in focus of one franchise to 2 games in different genres to each other.

The challenge in the previous installments came from holding your nerve. Working out not necessarily what attack to use, but when to use it, how long to put off healing, is it necessary to go the whole hog with Firaga or stick with Fira to conserve MP. While that's part of the reason that *spoiler: my favourite installment misses out on the no. 1 spot*, I certainly find it more of a direct challenge than tweaking the AI settings. I feel like I'm doing more, and no matter how competent any AI is, or the number of options it gives me to arrange it, it just can't replace letting me take control myself, or the sense of empowerment I get from doing so.

There is no point in continuing this conversation, so why did you? Notice how I had ended the conversation in the previous post by finishing with a compliment to another element of the game in question, and then went on to reply to another point of discussion. You didn't need to keep on after that, and neither do I, so...

@CrossX - I'm still confused about the whole Tekken X Street Fighter thing. What's the difference between them?

The last 2 games in the series (FF13 and FF12) should have told you FF isn't turn based any more.......and slow turn based battles are highly unlikely to come back....its your fault for not researching what the game was about before buying it.

I wouldn't buy FF13 if I knew I didn't want fast paced battles in a FF game.

I compared COD4 and Fallout 3 because they may be in 2 different genre's....but they both rely on FPS type shooting mechanics, however both of them approach it in completely different ways.

I noticed there is no point in continuing the conversation when I realized you went into this game expecting a FF4-10 type battle system.....so there's no point arguing when you had incorrect expectations.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

42- Pokémon Gold Version, Silver Version and Crystal Version (Gameboy Color)

Fab_GS said:

42- Pokémon Gold Version and Silver Version (Gameboy Color)

why not include crystal!

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Fab_GS said:

why not include crystal!

I actually forgot that the game even existed. Will add it. Thanks.

Fab_GS said:

Crystal?

darthdevidem01 said:
Fab_GS said:

Crystal?

ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Fab_GS said:

Crystal?

47.Biohazard 4(PS2)

Biohazard 4 (RE4) is one awesome game it unfortunately moved away from most of the awesome Gameplay elements that defined the biohazard (RE) games and was more of a side story then a integral part of the canon but what we did get was a masterpiece of a game in its own right that was a awesome mix of Action and Horror. The graphics  were some of the beat of the 6th Gen with awesome the lighting effects and together  sound design created a genuinely unsettling atmosphere.  Leon and Ada were awesome as well

if the Story had more of a conection to Biohazard (RE) Canon would have been a better game even with the other changes. 

BIOHAZARD 4 HARD ROAD TO THE CASTLE 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku