By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

45. POKEMON STADIUM 2 (N64)

This game......wow. At the time when it released pokemon fever was at an all time high. EVERYONE loved pokemon....we played it everywhere, at school, while eating breakfast, at night, in the day.....no-one has seen such a phenomenon. 

Now at the time...the mere thought of being able to battle out pokemon in 3D was amazing....and thats what Pokemon Stadium did....I spent countless hours playing this game...over 100 hours. I just had to see each pokemon in 3D, I had to see how "Hydro Burst", "Hyper Beam" and many more attacks I loved looked in 3D.

It also had amazing features like the Pokemon Library (it was like a guide to other pokemon games at your fingertips) and the classroom feature was awesome too because it had tests after it as battles...reminded me of Gran Turismo licences....really addictive!! This game also had some addictive mini games.

It was a game I spent more than 100 hours on....I have only spent more than 100 hours on 3 home console games not called Final Fantasy....this is one of them.

Favourite Music:

Final Boss

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

47) Honestly, I don't think I ever beat it. And I haven't played this in years. But it has stuck in my brain so it gets in my list. This was the second game, third ifyou count the SMB/Duckhunt combo as 2 games I ever played. I even got the gold  Cartridge  cartrdige.  I don't remember this game at all other than I had fun asking my mom for help. It gets in this list for this reason.

No. 46 - Donkey Kong (1981)

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq226/sinalefa/donkey-kong.jpg&t=1" width="225" height="225">

One of two games on my list that's older than I.  My mom used to drag me and my two sisters to the local laundry mat every week and luckily for me they had an old Donkey Kong arcade machine there.  I always made sure I had $2-3 in quarters to play this bad boy.  I don't remember how far into it I got, but I remember being a blast trying to get to the top.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

45. Batman: The Movie (Amstrad CPC)

The Amstrad CPC was my first video game system, so I feel like it deserves some kind of representation on this list, and I did have over 30 games for it, so there was potentially plenty to choose from. The trouble is, I was about 6 years old, and I can only remember a handful of them. Batman: The Movie is one of those few that I can remember, and it's the one of those few that I look back on most fondly, so for that reason, it gets a place in the list.

VGChartz

No. 45 Tomb Raider Legend

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/13233/tomb-raider-legend/

After the disaster of Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, the Tomb Raider franchise needed a reboot. Tomb Raider Legend delivered that reboot masterfully. I've always been a fan of the Tomb Raider games, and this one delivered some much needed gameplay changes with a good story to boot. Rather than the clunky gameplay of previous games, it used some Prince of Persia-esque platforming combined with some great puzzles. It also had a section set in Nepal which is where my parents are from so it holds a special place for me personally. 

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

45. Batman: The Movie (Amstrad CPC)

The Amstrad CPC was my first video game system, so I feel like it deserves some kind of representation on this list, and I did have over 30 games for it, so there was potentially plenty to choose from. The trouble is, I was about 6 years old, and I can only remember a handful of them. Batman: The Movie is one of those few that I can remember, and it's the one of those few that I look back on most fondly, so for that reason, it gets a place in the list.

Amstrad CPC was an awesome machine! You ever play Bomb Jack?

Edit: Also see no. 48 on my list:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3738019

Scoobes said:

Amstrad CPC was an awesome machine! You ever play Bomb Jack?

Edit: Also see no. 48 on my list:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3738019

Don't think I played either of those, but I can't be certain. My memory of it is hazy to say the least.

VGChartz

My 50-46

Left 4 Dead 2

Trackmania Nations Forever

Team Fortress 2

Star fox 64

Perfect Dark

#46. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS): I haven't played many strategy RPGs but I played this one a lot. It featured a great array of jobs with interesting abilities for each one of them. The game provided a great challenge (I almost screwed my game over once saving before Belius with a team that maybe wasn't leveled enough to face him). The story was great and trying to get hidden characters and summons added to the experience. As a final word... Orlandu (or Obi Wan Kenobi as I called him) kicked ass!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

#46. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS): I haven't played many strategy RPGs but I played this one a lot. It featured a great array of jobs with interesting abilities for each one of them. The game provided a great challenge (I almost screwed my game over once saving before Belius with a team that maybe wasn't leveled enough to face him). The story was great and trying to get hidden characters and summons added to the experience. As a final word... Orlandu (or Obi Wan Kenobi as I called him) kicked ass!

Such a great game! Probably #51 for me lol