By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

I've been updating my list in the official thread, but haven't posted in here yet. So here are teh first 5 games on my list.  I think this top 50 thread is really interesting because there is such a variety in the games chosen, while at the same time there is quite a bit overlap. I think that several people (me included) have put Age of Empires 2 on their list already, I've seen several Resident Evils (Remake/Director's Cut/and original), World of Goo, and Little Big Planet, have all already shown up in multiple people's lists. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of everybody's lists.

# 50. Duck Hunt (NES)

Description: This is the second video game I ever played, as I had it with the Super Mario Bros. combo. This was the only game I had on the NES that used the Zapper, which seemed like the coolest accessory when I was young. I spent nearly countless hours playing this game hoping that one day I would get good enough to stop that dog from laughing at me...I never did, but it was still a lot of fun.

# 49. Age of Empires II (PC)

Description:  I like strategy games but usually their complexity intimidates me too much, and after playing for a little while and not being able to figure them out I give up. For me the Age of Empires series was the perfect balance of approachability and depth. Age of Empires II took everything the original game did well and improved on it, making the game one of the few PC titles to be among my favorite games of all time.

# 48. Shadow Complex (Xbox 360 Arcade)

Description: Coming from someone who is primarily a Nintendo fan this may sound like blasphemy, but Shadow Complex is everything I want out of a Metroid game. Shadow Complex took the core design of a 2D Metroid title, and streamlined it so there was less backtracking and objectives were easier to find, which makes the game feel more fun and less like a chore to play.

# 47. Nintendogs (DS)

Description: A Dalmatian puppy with a fireman's hat? What is not to like? Nintendogs came with my DS, and was the first game I played on the system. I didn't expect to like the game, but it ended up being a great showcase of what the DS could do, with the great use of the touch screen and mic. I was even more impressed with how realistic the dogs animations were, which made it impossible not to feel attached to the onscreen animals.

# 46. Shinobi (MS)

Description: This is one of the first games that I remember playing. I never really got close to beating the game, as the later levels were too difficult for me as a kid (and probably still are). But as a kid getting to play as a ninja was so fun that I would play the first few stages over and over again. 

Around the Network
Ninpanda said:

46. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii

Sure, Brawl had it's fair share of problems. The single player mode was far from memorable, some of the roster choices were just weird (R.O.B being the prime example.) and if you weren't playing with friends, the online mode was limited to 2-minute matches.

In most games today, those issues would make the game nigh unplayable. But Brawl has such a huge amount of content, that you can get a good couple hundred hours of play-time out of it, without even touching the single player, the online mode, or the "meh" characters. (As long as you have one to three buddies to play it with, of course.)

Who was your main?

Fab_GS said:

46- Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (PS1)

*farts*

hehehe

Ninpanda said:

46. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii

Sure, Brawl had it's fair share of problems. The single player mode was far from memorable, some of the roster choices were just weird (R.O.B being the prime example.) and if you weren't playing with friends, the online mode was limited to 2-minute matches.

In most games today, those issues would make the game nigh unplayable. But Brawl has such a huge amount of content, that you can get a good couple hundred hours of play-time out of it, without even touching the single player, the online mode, or the "meh" characters. (As long as you have one to three buddies to play it with, of course.)

I don't get the R.O.B. hate, I mean the Ice Climbers were just a far-fetched when they were included in Melee. Plus R.O.B. is so fun to play as!

Signature goes here!

Posted number 46

Gears of War -

My first Xbox 360 game, and I was addicted to it from the moment I saw the adverts for it! Amazing graphics, amazing online, amazing game. So much better than Gears 2, so much fun. It even had such classic dialogue like "Eat shit and die!" I mean, come on. Oscar please!

Around the Network

No. 46 - GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

Well, this is the best GTA to be honest, even if it isn't as ample as the previous games in the series. Go play it if you haven't already, there's a reason this series was the Call of Duty of the PS2 era. The best version of this game is in the X360.

Smeags said:

Who was your main?

Ganondorf, although I also like Toon Link.

Yours?

Ninpanda said:
Smeags said:

Who was your main?

Yours?

Toon Link, although I also use Ganondorf.

Seriously.

I'm not going to re-post my full entry, but my no. 46 is Sonic Adventure 2. Read my post in the main thread (I'm on the first page)

Smeags said:
Ninpanda said:
Smeags said:

Who was your main?

Yours?

Toon Link, although I also use Ganondorf.

Seriously.

By the way, nice choice, Cranky. The Sonic/Shadow levels were awesome, the Tails/Robotnik levels were pretty good, and the Knuckles/Rouge levels were... Bearable.

'Tis a shame, that the final boss was piss-easy, though.