By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

#47. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: This game surprised me, I remember reading Nintendo Power previews about it and thinking "This game looks too kiddie", yes I was 14 years old and stupid. When I actually got the game I fell in love with the game's presentation and the unique twist of playing as Yoshi taking care of Baby Mario. Sure, you could go insane hearing the baby cry but that was your own fault for letting him get away. With splendid level design and boss fights, I'm still praying every night for this game to make it to Wii's Virtual Console

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:

I had to limit myself to six Zelda games to keep this from happening to me

My view is summed up as:

Why punish excellence in favor of something else that may have fallen short?

It makes a boring list.

Meh. I'm not trying to make an exciting list or trying to make it 'correct' either. It's just my top 50 favorite games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

47. Heavenly Sword

This game got under a lot of criticism for its short length, but I think the game deserves credit for being  consistenly awesome throughout all of it. The story, done by Andy Serkis as well as lending his voice talents for the villian, was superb, and the characters were fantastic. Simplistic as some aspects may be, I found it to be tons of fun and truly enjoyable.

This is one clip that I absolutely love.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

49.Biohazard Directors Cut(PS1)

After playing Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition (RE5GE) Lost in Nightmares extra content. it reminded me of the first time I played Biohazard back in 2003 and how cool it was. I actually played Onimusha first IE Biohazard set in feudal Japan circa 1566 which made me interest to play then Biohazard Code Veronica Complete (RECVX) then before playing Biohazard Directors Cut and I was hooked. I also later played the US Version.

I will have to play Biohazard Remake on GameCube or Wii soon and it will decently bump Biohazard  up my list

Biohazard Directors Cut Intro movie

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Wow, there sure are a lot of Resident Evil/REMakes flying around recently!

@Truck

Yoshi's Island is an amazing game... it's too bad Nintendo had Artoon butcher the sequel...

Okay, so butcher's a strong word... but Yoshi's Island 2 is probably my biggest disappointment this generation.

Around the Network

My #46: Final Fantasy X-2

I seriously never understood the hate for it. It was great IMO, and I loved playing it.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:

OutlawAuron so far has God of War II, Assassin's Creed II, and Bioshock 2 in his top 50...

Which sequel will be next?

FFX-2

Oh, this baby is certainly on my list. But it'll have to wait a bit to be revealed.

tehehe I wonder how many FF games are on your list

Final Fantasy makes up 20% of my list.

I have 9 FF games in my list!!

8 mainline

____

5 MGS games!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

46- Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (PS1)

*farts*

46. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

New Super Mario Bros. is a wonderful game, full of wonderful level design, fun bosses, and nostalgic nods everywhere you go. It's really a fantastic mix of old and new, and allows for solid Platforming to shine through as you travel through the eight worlds to rescue the Princess Peach! Things like the the touch screen (that kept a spare item handy like in Super Mario World), new items (like the Mega Mushroom!) and the ever exanding world of the Mushroom Kingdom always kept things fresh and fun. Still, it was always the tight, pitch perfect gameplay and Mario magic that sealed the deal. Fantastic game... now if only there was another...

46. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii

Sure, Brawl had it's fair share of problems. The single player mode was far from memorable, some of the roster choices were just weird (R.O.B being the prime example.) and if you weren't playing with friends, the online mode was limited to 2-minute matches.

In most games today, those issues would make the game nigh unplayable. But Brawl has such a huge amount of content, that you can get a good couple hundred hours of play-time out of it, without even touching the single player, the online mode, or the "meh" characters. (As long as you have one to three buddies to play it with, of course.)