By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Scoobes said:

Stupid question, but how do we post pics?

picture of a tree. next to the anchor under styles.

Around the Network

Number 50:

http://www.vgmastersclub.com/roms/nes/TecmoSuperBowl.jpg&t=1" width="187" height="270">

By today's standards, Tecmo Super Bowl is a bad game: it's hampered by few playing options, poor sprite animation, and a highly limited playbook.  On the other hand, Tecmo Super Bowl was probably the best arcade-style football game  around until NFL Blitz:  up to two people could pick up the title and play a quick, high scoring game without ever needing to know anything more about football than "get to the other side of the field" and "you can run or throw the ball."  Its simplicity is its greatest strength, and to this day few sports games can match Tecmo Super Bowl in its combination of accessibility and fun.

@DarthDevid

Surely Final Fantasy 12 is better than that, isn't it? I haven't played it (I don't own a PS2), but I've read enough about it to know that it's one of the deeper ones.

On a side note, why do you you all need to put your whole list entries on here when we can just read them in the thread? You don't need me to tell you what I like about Yo Yo's Puzzle Park twice, do you?

CrankyStroming said:

@DarthDevid

Surely Final Fantasy 12 is better than that, isn't it? I haven't played it (I don't own a PS2), but I've read enough about it to know that it's one of the deeper ones.

On a side note, why do you you all need to put your whole list entries on here when we can just read them in the thread? You don't need me to tell you what I like about Yo Yo's Puzzle Park twice, do you?

I post my full-out entries here and link to them in the thread, so I don't make the thread's individual pages impossible to load.

Khuutra said:
CrankyStroming said:

@DarthDevid

I post my full-out entries here and link to them in the thread, so I don't make the thread's individual pages impossible to load.

That's actually a pretty good idea... I think I may do that as well.

VGChartz

Around the Network

50. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - PS2

You've got yourself one hell of a list, when MGS3 just barely makes it. So what is it, that makes this game so great? Well, for starters, it takes place in the heart of a Russian jungle, instead of a dull and uninspired tanker, like Sons of Liberty. In addition, the game had an excellent soundtrack, many of the boss fights still stand out today, and I'm also one of the few, who actually think that the camouflage, healing and exhaustion systems only enhanced the experience.

milkyjoe said:
Khuutra said:
CrankyStroming said:

@DarthDevid

That's actually a pretty good idea... I think I may do that as well.

That's a great idea:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3738019

I'm guessing the ID doesn't change with each Edit.

I'm going to use the Khuutra strategy since I'm on the same page as Darth in the other thread and I have a feeling he's gonna take a lot of space over I'm gonna compensate by keeping mine short.

#50: Max Payne (PS2): The first game to use bullet-time (at least the first I played) and it used it well. Jumping to the side in slow-motion and killing 2-3 bad guys is so satisfying. The comic book style narration was well done (my and my brother actually spent quite some time, narrating our lives in the same fashion after playing the game.)  The dream/allucination sequences could get really irritating (that damn crying baby!) but the rest of the game was really enjoyable.

Signature goes here!

CrankyStroming said:

@DarthDevid

If FF12 was any higher games I liked more would be behind it...so its where it should be on my list.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

TruckOSaurus said:

I'm going to use the Khuutra strategy since I'm on the same page as Darth in the other thread and I have a feeling he's gonna take a lot of space over I'm gonna compensate by keeping mine short.

#50: Max Payne: The first game to use bullet-time (at least the first I played) and it used it well. Jumping to the side in slow-motion and killing 2-3 bad guys is so satisfying. The comic book style narration was well done (my and my brother actually spent quite some time, narrating our lives in the same fashion after playing the game.)  The dream/allucination sequences could get really irritating (that damn crying baby!) but the rest of the game was really enjoyable.

My one will only be that big for the said game in question being revealed on the given day, I will use khuutra's strategy for every other game except the one being revealed on the day.

Don't shorten your posts because of my one...no wonder Dinosaurs went extinct!!! looooooool

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey