By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Boutros said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:

Good choice darth. I eventually decided not to include FFXII in my list but it was a rather enjoyable game indeed.

My list:

Super Mario World

Good choice yourself!!

I Love that game!!!

It was the first game I ever played!

Do you like my little "post-it"-like format? :)

I love it!!!!!

My skills with whatever you used to make it are probably pretty bad

I was actually going to make like a "slide" for each game using Google Picasa.....but I realised that would take up wayyyyy too much space!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:

Good choice darth. I eventually decided not to include FFXII in my list but it was a rather enjoyable game indeed.

My list:

Super Mario World

Good choice yourself!!

I Love that game!!!

It was the first game I ever played!

Do you like my little "post-it"-like format? :)

I love it!!!!!

I was actually going to make like a "slide" for each game using Google Picasa.....but I realised that would take up wayyyyy too much space!

lol yeah but I like that you added your favorite songs!

50. Empire Earth: What would life be like if it wasn't for Nostalgia, well for one this game definitely would be on my list but since I played it for so long when I was younger I feel like it definitely deserves a place here. Playing it again recently it wasn't as good as I remembered but still I'll always remembered how much I freaked out when I had just reached the Modern Age only to be attacked by a large squadron of bombers that attack every part of my empire at once; so yeah annoyingly difficult at times and soul sucking when I was younger so yeah Empire Earth gets my 50th spot

Boutros said:

darthdevidem01 said:

I love it!!!!!

lol yeah but I like that you added your favorite songs!

Yeah I had to add fav songs/music 

I'm gonna do that for every game in the top 50

Because sometimes as graphics get old...gameplay gets dated....its MUSIC that really lives on!!!

Curse you Europeans/Asians/Africans/Oceanians (aka everyone other than North and South Americans)!

I should probably start to write mine up... 30 minutes to go. ^_^

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Curse you Europeans/Asians/Africans/Oceanians (aka everyone other than North and South Americans)!

I should probably start to write mine up... 30 minutes to go. ^_^

LOL @ this voldemort guy....he waits for time!

darthdevidem01 said:

LOL @ this voldemort guy....he waits for time!

I wait for nothing.

50. Animal Crossing (GCN)

Animal Crossing is a game I never thought I'd love. It's a game about paying off your loan to a Raccoon. It's a game about fishing for hours until you find that one Redfish to cash in for 3,000 bells. It's about making your house perfect... just to get that letter in the mail congratulating you on a job well done. It's a game about many things, and none of them are exactly something that'll make you jump off your couch. Yet here we are... with Animal Crossing at number 50... with more than 500 hours played between the 3 games in the series. I really don't know why I love this game and this series so much, and maybe I never will... and ya know what? I'm really okay with that. Eat your heart out Nook.

Number 50

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the apotheosis of its own series, excess taken to extremes and subtlety in places you would never expect to find it. The best and most interactive stealth gameplay in the series, excellent and textured combat mechanics, the ability to get past almost any fight without killing anyone, and what are still some of the best boss fights of all time. Metal Gear Solid 3 was a game where almost anything could have gone wrong and very few things actually did. From beginning to end, MGS3 is the end-all and be-all of Hideo Kojima's legacy, the embodiment of everything he ever did right.

I've started mine. Even though I still haven't fully locked down my Top 50

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3726721

WarCraft 2: Tides of Darkness / Beyond The Dark Portal!

Excellent game, plenty of hours put into it. Got me started on the WarCraft series... And loved every minute of it!

Nice #50 Carl. WarCraft II was also my first foray into the WarCraft universe. Terrific game, but I also never owned it (had to go over to my friends to play it. )

The Horde was so cool. Death Knights, Dragons, and Giant turtle submarines? Heck yeah!