By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Oh.

Nuts.

I forgot all about this.

Big update incoming. Sorry guys!

Around the Network

@Boutros and Carl

No worries, good to see you guys back! ^_^

41. Super Mario 64 (N64)

The funny thing about this game is that I played it soo much when I was younger but I actually never owned it myself. It was THE game to play when you went at a friend's house. Back then, the Internet wasn't quiet as big as it is now so we had to find the stars ourselves without the help of a walkthrough. ~So hard~ Especially since the game was in English and I couldn't speak English at that age. Amazing game nonetheless.

40. Spider-Man 2 (PS2)

Simply puy, the controls felt like heaven. Such a huge improvement over the first game (where you couldn't even go on the ground!!). Here's hoping for another great Spider-Man game.

Number 23

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars games tend to be the best movie-based games. Odd, then, that the very best Star Wars games aren't based on the movies at all.

Knights of the Old Republic, as anyone with a soul knows, is based in the remote past of Star Wars, about 4,000 years before the rise of the Empire.

It's a Star Wars RPG that is made by BioWare. That is all you get. If that doesn't make you want to play it then you can't be convinced.

Around the Network

39. Ragnarok Online (PC)

A very great and charming game. Amazing memories.

24. Bioshock - X360

Not only is this my favorite FPS game, it is also my favorite HD game of this generation. Bioshock presented the player with various interesting abilities, moral quandaries at every turn, and one of the most compelling and atmospheric settings in the history of video games.

Some say Bioshock is the best game of 2007. Some say 2007 is the best year in gaming history. You put those two together, you've got yourself a hit.

No. 23 Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

It's difficult to compare this game to anything else. It's a series of boss battles where each one is it's own puzzle adventure as you try to figure out how to defeat them and each one is unique and brilliant in design. The game is highly unique with it's minimalist design. Nothing interferes with your exploration of the game. The immense freedom and the feeling of lonliness somehow just works with the game's atmosphere and enable you to bond with Agro (the horse). On a number of occassions I found myself just wandering the world with Agro and just taking in the scenery. And the visuals for a PS2 were absolutely fantastic. HDR lighting on a PS2?! Impressive stuff.

25. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (GC)

This was my first RPG involving deck based battle system.  I loved the strategy that went into customizing your deck before entering the next battle.  The story is the typical hero out to take down the evil empire with some standard plot twist along the way.  Pretty much, Monolith Soft/tri-Crescendo stuck with what works and that's why enjoyed the game so much.  While I also enjoyed the prequel, Baten Kaitos Origins, I consider this to be a much better game.  I don't who owns the IP, but I wish someone would make another entry into the series.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Ahahahaha, I've finally managed to construct additional pylons a Top 50 list! It was an awful experience; so many great games that didn't make it. Poor bastards...

#50 Tales of Phantasia (SFC/Emulator )

"INDIGNATION!"

The very first Tales of game! Being a Snes game it truly blew me away with it's incredible graphics, one of Motoi Sakuraba's best soundtracks and...an Opening Song! It had an Opening Song! Omegawhat!?

It has a great battle system, wonderful characters (Arche is probably my favourite Tales of character), a good story and it's length is just perfect.

Tales of Phantasia set the foundation for the Tales of series, and it also played an important part in the forming of Tri-Ace.