By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN : Top 10 Most ANTICIPATED 3DS Games

LordTheNightKnight said:
gergroy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

Poor list including so many copy and paste series as well as re-releases, tweaked or not.

How many system launches aren't full of those? Seriously, your statement is redundant, and makes you look like you're fishing for something to complain about.

And the OP really needs to be fixed. Mario Kart is #1, not GTA V (which hasn't been announced at all). The most GTA announced for the 3DS is Saints Row, not that it's a bad thing, as SR2 is one of my favorite games.

what system launches are you referring to?  I'm trying to think of a system that even had one game that was a re-release of an older game and I can't think of a single one.  

That only proves you don't know any, not that there weren't any.

Most of the Golden Age systems launched with a port of an arcade game.

The NES launched with a port of Donkey Kong (both in the US and Japan), and some of the other games were arcade ports.

Sega Master System launched with a port of Hang-On (not sure about the other games).

Genesis launched with ports of Altered Beast and Gouls & Ghosts.

Now the SNES didn't immediately launch with older games, but the first few months saw ports of R-Type II (as Super R-Type), Final Fight, Graduis III, and others.

Sega Saturn with a port of Virtua Fighter.

PS1 with a port of Ridge Racer (not sure about the other games).

Dreamcast with a least a port of House of the Dead 2.

PS2 with at least ports of Dead or Alive 2, Street Fighter EX3, and Tekken Tag Tournament could count as an enhanced remake of Takken 3.

Gamecube with at least ports of Crazy Taxi and Super Monkey Ball.

Xbox with an enhanced port of Tony Hawk 2.

Xbox 360 might, but I'm not sure about the games. Xbox Live Arcade on the system launched with Joust, Gauntlet, and Bejeweled 2.

PS3 and Wii seemed to lack these as well (unless you count the PSN and Virtual Console launches), but the arcades were fading by then anyway.

But the 3DS is a handheld, and if you follow handhelds, this still applies to them.

Just see the information here. Edit: Ninja'd by rubang above.

yeah, rubang made a better argument, I'm not really talking ports, I'm talking remakes of older games, not contemporary arcade games or games for other systems at the time, that just means the game is going muliplatform. 

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
gergroy said:

Am I the only one that doesn't find the 3ds lineup appealing?  I mean, half the freaking games are just ports or remakes.  Shouldn't that wait until after the system has proved itself with its own set of games?  

I was excited about the 3ds before I found out the price and the games, I usually buy systems right when they come out, but I think the 3ds just got set on the backburner.

I am excited for layton vs wright though.  

That list is 70% new games!

New Pilotwings (first in 15 years)
New Kid Icarus (first in 20 years)
New Paper Mario (first regular Paper Mario in 7 years)
New Animal Crossing
New Mario Kart
New Resident Evil
New Professor Layton

The 3 remakes are also pretty popular, and make more sense than stuff like God of War Collection, which was an HD facelift 4 years after God of War 1 and 2 years after God of War 2.

When the 3DS comes out, Metal Gear Solid 3 will be 7 years old, Ocarina of Time will be 13 years old, and Star Fox 64 will be 14 years old.

I mean, yeah, it's 90% sequels, and 9% remakes, but I think it's the best and most diverse launch lineup I've ever seen.  And the original games will follow all the big franchises.  I mean, Nintendogs sold 23 million and hasn't had a sequel for 6 years.  And come on... Layton vs. Wright.  That's like a double sequel.  This launch lineup is ridiculous.

still, this entire list is old franchises.  I would love if nintendo could create a new game (maybe a new character franchise).  I think Nintendo is great and all, but they have these franchises that they stick to and don't really work hard on creating new IP.  A system launch is always the best time to create a new IP, as limited selection means people are more willing to give a new franchise a chance.  

I just feel like instead investing in the work to make some new games, Nintendo just brushed off some old IP's.  Which kind of sucks.  This is why I'm not very excited about the lineup.  As most of these games are going to be similar to games that nintendo already has out, they are just going to be using the 3d gimmick.  

and 3 remakes in a launch is a lot.  

LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

Poor list including so many copy and paste series as well as re-releases, tweaked or not.

How many system launches aren't full of those? Seriously, your statement is redundant, and makes you look like you're fishing for something to complain about.

And the OP really needs to be fixed. Mario Kart is #1, not GTA V (which hasn't been announced at all). The most GTA announced for the 3DS is Saints Row, not that it's a bad thing, as SR2 is one of my favorite games.

Read the whole OP....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

My list is as follows:

1. 2D Castlevania

gergroy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
gergroy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

what system launches are you referring to?  I'm trying to think of a system that even had one game that was a re-release of an older game and I can't think of a single one.  

That only proves you don't know any, not that there weren't any.

Most of the Golden Age systems launched with a port of an arcade game.

The NES launched with a port of Donkey Kong (both in the US and Japan), and some of the other games were arcade ports.

Sega Master System launched with a port of Hang-On (not sure about the other games).

Genesis launched with ports of Altered Beast and Gouls & Ghosts.

Now the SNES didn't immediately launch with older games, but the first few months saw ports of R-Type II (as Super R-Type), Final Fight, Graduis III, and others.

Sega Saturn with a port of Virtua Fighter.

PS1 with a port of Ridge Racer (not sure about the other games).

Dreamcast with a least a port of House of the Dead 2.

PS2 with at least ports of Dead or Alive 2, Street Fighter EX3, and Tekken Tag Tournament could count as an enhanced remake of Takken 3.

Gamecube with at least ports of Crazy Taxi and Super Monkey Ball.

Xbox with an enhanced port of Tony Hawk 2.

Xbox 360 might, but I'm not sure about the games. Xbox Live Arcade on the system launched with Joust, Gauntlet, and Bejeweled 2.

PS3 and Wii seemed to lack these as well (unless you count the PSN and Virtual Console launches), but the arcades were fading by then anyway.

But the 3DS is a handheld, and if you follow handhelds, this still applies to them.

Just see the information here. Edit: Ninja'd by rubang above.

yeah, rubang made a better argument, I'm not really talking ports, I'm talking remakes of older games, not contemporary arcade games or games for other systems at the time, that just means the game is going muliplatform. 

If you mean remakes, there are a grand total of TWO (MGS3 is just going to be a port). So your comment still falls flat, as it's assuming a greater number of those game than usual.

Besides, you're calling enhanced remakes a bad thing? Last I checked, those were considered better than a port.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Kind of agree.  The games will mostly be good, but Ocarina at #2? Come on, don't make it so obvious what Nintendo does constantly.

Why is Mario Kart missing?

This list fails.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

Why is Mario Kart missing?

This list fails.

Dude it's #1.  Ya gotta read the OP's kid  ;) .

The Ghost of RubangB said:
gergroy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

It's a handheld thing.

Game Boy Color launched with Tetris DX.

Game Boy Advance launched with Earthworm Jim (7 year old console game), Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (7 year old console game), and Super Mario Advance (13 year old console game).

N-Gage launched with Pandemonium (7 year old console game).

DS launched with Super Mario 64 DS (8 year old console game).

And there are probably some more I didn't notice here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

Very, very true.  Looking JP launches...

Game Boy (1989)

• Super Mario Land (Nintendo)
  • Alleyway (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems)
  • Baseball (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems) conversion of 1983 FC game
  • Yakuman (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems) conversion of 1984 FC game
Game Gear (1990)
  • Columns (Sega) conversion of 1989 computer game
  • Pengo (Sega) conversion of 1982 arcade game
  • Super Monaco GP (Sega) conversion of 1989 arcade game
Neo*Geo Pocket (1998)
  • The King of Fighter Round-1 (SNK) conversion of 1996 arcade game
  • Neo-Geo Cup '98 (SNK) conversion of 1998 arcade game
  • Pocket Tennis (SNK / Yumekobo)
  • Puzzle Tsunagete Pon (SNK / Yumekobo)
  • Melon Chan's Growth Diary (SNK / ADK)
Wonderswan (1999)
  • Gunpey (Bandai / Koto Labs)
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon WS (Square / TOSE Software) conversion of 1997 PS1 game
  • Densha do GO! (Taito) conversion of 1996 arcade game
  • New Japan Pro Wrestling: Toukon Retsuden (Tomy) based on 1995 SFC game
Game Boy Advance (2001)
  • Super Mario Advance (Nintendo) conversion of 1988 NES game
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Nintendo / NdCube)
  • Kurukuru Kururin (Nintendo / 8ing)
  • Napoleon (Nintendo / Genki)
  • Konami Krazy Racers (Konami / KCEK)
  • Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Konami / KCEK)
  • Monster Guardians (Konami / Mobile21)
  • JGTO Golf Master Mobile (Konami / KCEN)
  • J-League Pocket (Konami / KCEO)
  • Yu-Gi-OH! Dungeondice Monsters (Konami / KCEJ)
  • Silent Hill Playnovel (Konami / KCET / will) based on 1998 PS1 game
  • Mega Man Battle Network (Capcom)
  • Mr. Driller 2 (Namco) conversion of 2000 arcade game
  • Bomberman Tournament (Hudson)
  • Pinobee: Wings of Adventure (Hudson / Artoon)
  • Winning Post (Koei) conversion of 1993 SFC game
  • Chu-Chu Rocket! (Sega / Sonic Team) conversion of 1999 DC game
  • Advance GT (MTO) 
  • Fire Pro Wrestling (Spike) based on 1995 SFC game
  • I am an Air Traffic Controller (TAM/Technobrain) based on 1998 computer game
  • Super Dodgeball Advance (Atlus / Million)
  • Top Gear GT Championship (Kemco)
  • Tweety and the Magic Jewel (Kemco)
  • E-Z Talk series (Keynet / NdCube)
Nintendo DS (2004)
  • Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo) conversion of 1996 N64 game
  • Wario Ware Touched! (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems)
  • Jam with the Band (Nintendo)
  • Polarium (Nintendo / Mitchell)
  • Pokemon Dash (Pokemon Co. / Ambrella)
  • Feel the Magic XY-XX (Sega / Sonic Team)
  • Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
  • LifeSigns: Surgical Unit (Spike)
  • Zoo Keeper (Success) conversion of 2003 GBA game
  • The Urbz: Sims in the City (EA Games / Maxis) conversion of 2004 multiplatform game
  • Mahjong Taikai (Koei) based on 2000 PS2 game
  • Cool 104 Joker and Setline (Aruze)
PSP (2004)
  • Hot Shots Golf: Open-Tee! (SCEI / Clap Hanz)
  • Mahjong Fight Club (Konami) based on 2002 arcade game
  • Ridge Racers (Namco) based on 1994-2000 arcade, PS1 and PS2 games
  • DarkStalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom) conversion of 1997 arcade game
  • Armored Core: Formula Front (From Software)
  • Lumines (Bandai / Q? Entertainment)
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo) conversion of 1998 N64 game
  • PilotWings Resort (Nintendo)
  • Nintendogs plus Cats (Nintendo)
  • Steel Diver (Nintendo)
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level-5)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Capcom) conversion of 2010 multiplatform game
  • Samurai Warriors Chronicle (Koei / Omega Force)
  • Super Monkey Ball (Sega)
  • Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco)
...3DS actually fares better than most.  It has fewer ports/conversions/remakes/whatever than PSP launch, despite having 50% more launch titles.

Don't be surprised when Square Enix drops the FF7 bomb on us at E3 next year...

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."