By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN : Top 10 Most ANTICIPATED 3DS Games

Am I the only one that doesn't find the 3ds lineup appealing?  I mean, half the freaking games are just ports or remakes.  Shouldn't that wait until after the system has proved itself with its own set of games?  

I was excited about the 3ds before I found out the price and the games, I usually buy systems right when they come out, but I think the 3ds just got set on the backburner.

I am excited for layton vs wright though.  

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

Poor list including so many copy and paste series as well as re-releases, tweaked or not.

How many system launches aren't full of those? Seriously, your statement is redundant, and makes you look like you're fishing for something to complain about.

And the OP really needs to be fixed. Mario Kart is #1, not GTA V (which hasn't been announced at all). The most GTA announced for the 3DS is Saints Row, not that it's a bad thing, as SR2 is one of my favorite games.

what system launches are you referring to?  I'm trying to think of a system that even had one game that was a re-release of an older game and I can't think of a single one.  

Layton vs. Wright needs to be included for this list to be correct.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Mario Kart 3DS is lacking, it is supposed to be vastly superior compared to Mario Kart DS...and the best in the series...?

gergroy said:

Am I the only one that doesn't find the 3ds lineup appealing?  I mean, half the freaking games are just ports or remakes.  Shouldn't that wait until after the system has proved itself with its own set of games?  

I was excited about the 3ds before I found out the price and the games, I usually buy systems right when they come out, but I think the 3ds just got set on the backburner.

I am excited for layton vs wright though.  

That list is 70% new games!

New Pilotwings (first in 15 years)
New Kid Icarus (first in 20 years)
New Paper Mario (first regular Paper Mario in 7 years)
New Animal Crossing
New Mario Kart
New Resident Evil
New Professor Layton

The 3 remakes are also pretty popular, and make more sense than stuff like God of War Collection, which was an HD facelift 4 years after God of War 1 and 2 years after God of War 2.

When the 3DS comes out, Metal Gear Solid 3 will be 7 years old, Ocarina of Time will be 13 years old, and Star Fox 64 will be 14 years old.

I mean, yeah, it's 90% sequels, and 9% remakes, but I think it's the best and most diverse launch lineup I've ever seen.  And the original games will follow all the big franchises.  I mean, Nintendogs sold 23 million and hasn't had a sequel for 6 years.  And come on... Layton vs. Wright.  That's like a double sequel.  This launch lineup is ridiculous.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

Poor list including so many copy and paste series as well as re-releases, tweaked or not.

How many system launches aren't full of those? Seriously, your statement is redundant, and makes you look like you're fishing for something to complain about.

And the OP really needs to be fixed. Mario Kart is #1, not GTA V (which hasn't been announced at all). The most GTA announced for the 3DS is Saints Row, not that it's a bad thing, as SR2 is one of my favorite games.

what system launches are you referring to?  I'm trying to think of a system that even had one game that was a re-release of an older game and I can't think of a single one.  

It's a handheld thing.

Game Boy Color launched with Tetris DX.

Game Boy Advance launched with Earthworm Jim (7 year old console game), Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (7 year old console game), and Super Mario Advance (13 year old console game).

N-Gage launched with Pandemonium (7 year old console game).

DS launched with Super Mario 64 DS (8 year old console game).

And there are probably some more I didn't notice here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

gergroy said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KylieDog said:

That only proves you don't know any, not that there weren't any.

Most of the Golden Age systems launched with a port of an arcade game.

The NES launched with a port of Donkey Kong (both in the US and Japan), and some of the other games were arcade ports.

Sega Master System launched with a port of Hang-On (not sure about the other games).

Genesis launched with ports of Altered Beast and Gouls & Ghosts.

Now the SNES didn't immediately launch with older games, but the first few months saw ports of R-Type II (as Super R-Type), Final Fight, Graduis III, and others.

Sega Saturn with a port of Virtua Fighter.

PS1 with a port of Ridge Racer (not sure about the other games).

Dreamcast with a least a port of House of the Dead 2.

PS2 with at least ports of Dead or Alive 2, Street Fighter EX3, and Tekken Tag Tournament could count as an enhanced remake of Takken 3.

Gamecube with at least ports of Crazy Taxi and Super Monkey Ball.

Xbox with an enhanced port of Tony Hawk 2.

Xbox 360 might, but I'm not sure about the games. Xbox Live Arcade on the system launched with Joust, Gauntlet, and Bejeweled 2.

PS3 and Wii seemed to lack these as well (unless you count the PSN and Virtual Console launches), but the arcades were fading by then anyway.

But the 3DS is a handheld, and if you follow handhelds, this still applies to them.

Just see the information here. Edit: Ninja'd by rubang above.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Whoa, good thing I focused on the handhelds for my post!

I really should've remembered Donkey Kong and Altered Beast though.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Whoa, good thing I focused on the handhelds for my post!

I really should've remembered Donkey Kong and Altered Beast though.

And even Tetris on the original Gameboy was a port, as it started out on various PCs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Okay list.  My top 10 would probably be...

• 10. Fantasy Life (Level-5 / Brownie Brown)
  • 09. Mario Kart (Nintendo)
  • 08. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Capcom)
  • 07. Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo / Project Sora)
  • 06. Time Travelers (Level-5)
  • 05. Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
  • 04. Mega Man Legends 3 (Capcom)
  • 03. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo)
  • 02. Paper Mario (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems)
  • 01. PilotWings Resort (Nintendo)
...I've only got 1 remake (and 1 port/conversion). :D