By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone have trouble with wii remote pointing at the screen?

Some kid said he got a wii and he hates it because he can't get the pointer on the screen and the wii's controls are more complicated than PS3 and 360. My brain almost exploded from the stupidity surrounding me. 

anyone else feel like they want to strangle this kid?

Around the Network

I already did, he's dead now!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

good

So Leo-J is dead :(.

lol @ leo-j comment. 

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
So Leo-J is dead :(.

you shouldn't get peoples hopes up like that >_>

I was in a Circuit City many months ago checking out Wii games and a dude comes up to me and says "do you have a Wii?" I said yeah, its a lot of fun. He was like "ohh well Im trying to sell my Wii, I got one for my son but he thinks its too complicated." He tried to sell it to me saying he was going to get his kid a 360. If I needed one I may have bought it but all I could think of as soon as he said that was that his child was obviously retarded.

I think its perfectly ok if you dont like what the Wii offers and do not care for it, but if you find it complicated you are a retard.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

The only 2 reasons why you may be having problems with the Wii sensing the motion are these:

1. The sensor bar is being blocked by an object. The Wii uses IR and needs to be in line of sight.

2. There are other light sources near your tv. If you have a window with the sun shining through or a bright lamp besides you tv, your wiimote may think that alternate light source is the sensor bar. Of course this will cause the pointer to screw up.

So make sure your sensor bar is in line of sight and make sure there arent any bright lights by your tv. Your Wii should work perfectly.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:
The only 2 reasons why you may be having problems with the Wii sensing the motion are these:

1. The sensor bar is being blocked by an object. The Wii uses IR and needs to be in line of sight.

2. There are other light sources near your tv. If you have a window with the sun shining through or a bright lamp besides you tv, your wiimote may think that alternate light source is the sensor bar. Of course this will cause the pointer to screw up.

So make sure your sensor bar is in line of sight and make sure there arent any bright lights by your tv. Your Wii should work perfectly.

3. He's holding the Wiimote backwards?

Hhaa I remembe rwhen I first got the wii and hooked everything up. And my wiimote pointer wasn't response. I was so pissed and about to go into a tantrum, until I noticed I hadn't pluged the sensor bar in haha. I felt like such a jackass.