By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic doing well in Europe/Other, so is Galaxy!

Nintendo actually own the ENTIRE WW sales at the moment. The top 5 are all Wii/DS titles - with the next 2 titles being pack-in titles.

All 5 of those games are effectively Ninty published titles - and Japan hasn't been counted yet.

Pretty awesome charts, and amazing numbers - in the end its THESE numbers that matter!

(Wii/DS has 7 of the top#10 games WW for last week, 5 of which were published by Ninty)

Mario & Sonic is doing great, and at this rate will smash 1.5m sales by the end of the year (alone)! Its actually tracking a lot higher than I expected, and if the DS version does anywhere as well - its on track for 5-6m lifetime sales.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I think M&S will surprise everyone. Sales is slow and then picking up wind and I think it will surpass SEGA's expecation of 4M LTD.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Wii is coming out in China, tell me M & S won't be an awsome system seller there, I have friends who went and taught in China the hype is INCREDIBLE for the Olympics and has been for a couple of years, They are basically rebuilding half of Being for this thing...
 but all of them will download pirated  version 

This game's meant to be good as well, so I was surprised at how poorly it sold elsewhere. I guess with casual games, you need to reach a critical mass for word of mouth, and that's partly down to luck.

ElRhodeo said:
breadie said:
Sega is not far away from the projected 4 millions copies of Sonic & Mario.

Well, the Wii version sure won't sell 4 millions, but don't forget the DS version coming next year... together they'll sell 4 millions for sure. 

Galaxy would be doing much better still if it was available. It's hard to get in the EU at the moment.

I wouldn't bet on that, but lets see ok? :)

Around the Network

This article explains the large mario and sonic numbers in the UK

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16579

The game’s sudden rise to the top can be attributed in large part to its inclusion in several unofficial retail hardware bundles – generally the only way the supply constrained Wii is now sold in the UK. Similar bundles also accounted for the sudden re-appearance of Mario Party 8 at number four in the charts, as well as Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 at number twenty.

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"

whatever the reason, looks like Sega are on track to have 2 Wii million sellers soon - top this off with REUC making it in 2008 and Ubisoft already hitting that milestone and the supply constrained Guitar Hero 3 set to hit 1m also then it's not a bad way to end Q1 2008.

There's hope for the Wii third Party devs yet

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony