By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic doing well in Europe/Other, so is Galaxy!

Mario and Sonic and Galaxy continue to do very well in Europe/Other.  Surprised at M&S because it has climbed in number each week to a very good 187,000.  Galaxy continues to sell really good in this region.  Seems there are no worries for Galaxy, it is going to do quite well over time.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Very well. Mario in general there right now is doing beastly. It seems unlike in Japan, the Mario brand picks no preferences to 3D or 2D eh.

Sega is not far away from the projected 4 millions copies of Sonic & Mario.

breadie said:

Well, the Wii version sure won't sell 4 millions, but don't forget the DS version coming next year... together they'll sell 4 millions for sure. 

Galaxy would be doing much better still if it was available. It's hard to get in the EU at the moment.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
breadie said:

3.2 million.

Around the Network

Thats not bad for a month for a Sega game.

X

I could be wrong, but I suspect that this has a lot to do with "The Olympics" meaning something very different in countries within Europe than it means to people in North America (and probably Japan). I have nothing to base this on except for that the most popular sports in "The Other's" region generally have their untimate competitions as being international competitions; and although the athletes are professionals, they are often not paid to compete.

Olympics are much bigger in other parts of the world,

America's 2 biggest sports are not well represented at the Olypics. Football and Baseball. There is no football, and baseball is played by college guys. In other countries Olympic medalist are worshipped for the ever, in America you might get the wheaties box, but soon many will not care.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Branding appears to be big in Europe. Sonic+Mario+Olympics+Nintendo=smash

Sega should go 2nd party. If Nintendo keeps handing Sega locks like these they may actually survive.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

@dschumm

Sega + Nintendo has been the dream of many many gamers for almost 20 years, Sega is weak now, but a Nintendo partnership may help bring them back!!!!!

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.