By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Sales UP!! Wii RETURNS to Dominance!

hatmoza said:
Maynard_Tool said:
hatmoza said:
poroporo said:
hatmoza said:
Euphoria14 said:

Misleading. Only one person can play at a time...

Really? So you can't compete with other people at the same time? Hmmm, kinda lame.

Kinect only tracks one player at a time in Dance Central.

There is a multiplayer battle mode where the game stops mid song, and you swap places with the other person.

Yeah it is kinda lame.

However, there's another dance game called Dance Masters that tracks 2 people at a time.

ahahahahahah that's so funny xD

I love my dance games. I may not be getting Kinect any time soon, but if I ever do I'll get Masters. It's probaly not better than Central, But I know I'll have more fun with it.

I'm sure my friends will appreciate it better as well since they can play with me instead of sitting down and watching.

Right, dancing alone sucks. The only time I would touch those arcades in Japan was when I was with my friends.

Around the Network

Dominance is the wrong word. Basically a 3-way-tie.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Of Course Dance central is better than Just Dance. Just Dance only detects where the Wii waggle controllers are. It has no idea how you are actually dancing. You can sit on your couch and just flick the Wii controller around and do well in Just Dance...without dancing at all or even standing up.

With Dance Central, the Kinect unit detects every part of your skeletal body, your arms, legs, joints, etc. so knows exactly how you are dancing. It even will show the part of your body that isn't dancing correctly by marking it in red, so the game knows if you are dancing with proper form, etc. It is light years ahead of Just Dance.

Plus it is made by the Harmoniox guys, the guys who make Rock Band, so the quality will be through the roof. And every week there will be new downloadable songs so the library of songs you can dance to will just grow and grow.

BTW, the only reason Dance Central only supports one dancer at a time right now was due to time constraints. Kinect can definitely handle more than one dancer at a time if they have time to program it. I am sure Dance Central 2 will support two dancers at a time, maybe even three or four.

nice boost wii

but why?

excuse the ignorance. but can anyone explain to me the 10k difference between wii console sales and wii sport sales? I always thought wii sport comes with every console.

Around the Network

pachoo5 said:

BTW, the only reason Dance Central only supports one dancer at a time right now was due to time constraints. Kinect can definitely handle more than one dancer at a time if they have time to program it. I am sure Dance Central 2 will support two dancers at a time, maybe even three or four.

Kinetic can only support a maximum of 2 players from what I have read.

darthdevidem01 said:

Right guys in UK Wii saw a 140% RISE in WEEKLY SALES

Thats probably one of the major reasons....along with rises elsewhere.

But why a 140% rise in sales?

Pachter! He was right again! And even before than he predicted! OMG, that man is supernatural!!!  =:-O   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

nanarchy said:

excuse the ignorance. but can anyone explain to me the 10k difference between wii console sales and wii sport sales? I always thought wii sport comes with every console.

Nope in some countries it doesn't and some bundles lost it...

Former something....

go 360!

pachoo5 said:

Of Course Dance central is better than Just Dance. Just Dance only detects where the Wii waggle controllers are. It has no idea how you are actually dancing. You can sit on your couch and just flick the Wii controller around and do well in Just Dance...without dancing at all or even standing up.

With Dance Central, the Kinect unit detects every part of your skeletal body, your arms, legs, joints, etc. so knows exactly how you are dancing. It even will show the part of your body that isn't dancing correctly by marking it in red, so the game knows if you are dancing with proper form, etc. It is light years ahead of Just Dance.

Plus it is made by the Harmoniox guys, the guys who make Rock Band, so the quality will be through the roof. And every week there will be new downloadable songs so the library of songs you can dance to will just grow and grow.

I dunno. It only recognizes certain poses and does not track or record other movement. Not even the freestyle, that randomly awards points to random movement.

Let's hope. From what I've counted, it's about half 'n half between single player Kinect games and 2 player games. From what I understand. There's yet a kinect game that supports more than 2 -players.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson