By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 doing well in other asian regions

That's one fine post here.
I find it interesting that Sony never released a game with language support. I do understand the second class treatment feel. I'm from s. Korea and many of my countrymen have felt the same way.

Btw, any news of sales in Korea? I think I remember reading that 360 is most popular there as well.

Around the Network

@oozaki

Please read what he posted before you go off.

He is saying that 360 is doing well. He didn't say anything about the numbers or that it is killing the PS3. My brother live in Asia, and I can tell you even him and I have the console war argument, but one thing that he did this gen that he did not do last gen is that he is now an Xbox owner!

My brother is a big Sony fanboy through and through, he has three PS2 (one for his room, one for living room and one to leave at his work), PSP, PS3, Sony Hi-Def camcorder, Sony Bravia HDTV, anything make by Sony (and Apple) he owned them all. However, he did something this gen that I would never imagine he would, he actually went out and bought Xbox 360 (actually he even got it even before I did).

What Uberian is pointing out is that this gen, 360 is doing well and it is generating interest with gamers as being shown by the forum hit.

SDF really need to chill out sometimes, I don't understand why some of you always go up in arms everytime something is brought up that is ever slightly negative about PS3. He even post this topic in Microsoft forum and yet SDF still have to come in and tear the guy apart.

It is rather nice and refreshing to hear opinion, idea, and yes even perception from people in other region of the world. And here you are trying to chase the guy away after his first post calling him name.

Anyway, welcome to the board and don't mind the rabid fanboys. Please feel free to post your thought, view, observation at anytimes.

-mysticD

I wish i saw the situation changing here in southern europe too. i' m pleased to read that not all asian people behave like sheep, and follow their masters voice. Anyway, why should the rising of the 360 in the east be something negative. Are the japanese happy with their falling off the cliff game industry? they accuse the western developers for repeating with all the FPS stuff, but i see that 360 has already introduced 10 new IPs. What is the situation in japan. Over and over again the same boring and repeatative JRPG. And when a good japanese game does something different (No More Heroes) they almost ban it. Great thread. Has nothing to do with console war i guess. Just a little indepented thinking...

Welcome to the forum Uberian. Thanks for the info.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Welcome Uberian

Around the Network

yeah ... I notice that
everyone I know him ..who bought WII
is not play games on it ..
only WII sport ..
In my country .. they think mario and games like that only for " under 10 "
so Wii games not that popular

Good anecdotal evidence. The 360 does deserve more in Asia.

btw, elendar how are you doing?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ookaze said:
How can people fall so low?
No really, people, seriously, what's wrong with you?
Why do you manage to talk about "number of hits in a random forum for one day" like they were sales?
That doesn't make ANY sense!
People are so desperate and not accepting that the XB360 is a failure in Asia, they go as far as taking random untracked countries and talk like the XB360 makes huge numbers there?
Cognitive dissonance for the lose!
People from these countries used to go to Japan just to get a Wii!

Uberian, you say the japanese console game market is dying. Perhaps that was true before the DS, but now, it's obviously wrong, as the DS saved it. And the Wii is saving the home market.
Now, the japanese market is forced to support the Wii with their full force, unless they want to die.
Some people have fantasies like the japanese developer companies will now turn to western markets. I've said it before and I will repeat it : this won't work, they're certain to die if they do that.

But what tickle me is that you say things like there's a trend of more and more asian are tired of JRPG, then that Lost Odyssey did good in these asian countries. That doesn't make any sense.
What's worse, you say that Mistwalker is the best JRPG team you can get, which is just plain false. No self-respecting JRPG fan could say such nonsense. The only valuable part of this team is Uematsu, and no, a composer, a director and an outdated mangaka mostly revered in the west never made the best JRPG team. The best JRPG team nowadays is Level 5, in every way (except soundtrack perhaps) : quality, sales, developers, ...
No self-respecting JRPG knowing people could say such nonsense as you said, so I have to wonder really what your agenda is.

Dear Ookaze I am sorry that you completely misread my post, but next time please read it at least twice or one word at a time. There are several things that you have misunderstood there and I will point out one by one: 1. I have pointed out more then one time that the number I supplied was only forum hits, and its only there for to indicate a very very rough number of people are are day-to-day interested in talking about certain console and there for to get a rough idea of the popularity of each console. 2. I am not desparate to make Xbox 360 as a success, I am not an employee of Microsoft and I do not feel that the success of xbox 360 will fullfill my life. 3. NDS is not a console, it is been called a handheld system for a reason. There are many aspect they should be viewed differently but please allow me to skip the details here. If you think they are the same then I doubt there will be much need for us to interact in regards to gaming in the future. 4. By accusing me saying I said that people getting tired of JRPG, I almost need to make a new list just for this remark alone, but I will make it brief. I said asian tired of not getting languge support, its not about Japanese and its not about JRPG so I am really confused where you get this from. 5. I did not said "Mistwalker" is the best studio, I simply said 3 individual behind this project are remarkable in their own right in their given field and usually those names alone can move sales as far as Japan goes. What "tickles" me was that first you accused me of making a personal opinion of give high praise for certain studio (even its misunderstanding) then right after that you went ahead and give me one of your own personal opinion about a particular studio, I am sorry but I simply do not get your logic. That will be all that I can offer you back, sorry for the long post.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
yeah ... I notice that
everyone I know him ..who bought WII
is not play games on it ..
only WII sport ..
In my country .. they think mario and games like that only for " under 10 "
so Wii games not that popular

u live where?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

K.S.A
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ..
They only buy PES08
Its the most popular game
it sell more than mario and halo and pokemon
sense the wii dosen't have PES ...
it will not sell will here