By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 doing well in other asian regions

Nice. Welcome Uberian!

Carpe Diem!

Around the Network

^^

Not only in Taiwan Uberian, Xbox 360 is also pretty popular here in my country, another East Asian country, I actually estimate it's selling around 3:1 compared to PS3. Wii is extremely popular too though.

I also visited HongKong last October and I have to say X360 and Wii are also dominating there too. I came to a building somewhere in Mongkok and there's a level where they purely sell games. You can only see a couple of PS3 games but Xbox 360 and Wii games are extremely popular.

""Unfortunately it cannot been seen that way for 2 reasons:

1. 360 only released (Officially) 5 months ealier then PS3 for us""

==> it is still 5 months ...

""2. Like I pointed out before the 360 the xbox brand have virtually no market what so ever in asia, right now 360 is doing phenomenal in that regards.""

==> you are right, it is not bad for an Xbox

(note: sorry I am not trying to start a arguing thread, that is why I decided to post under Microsoft Discussion)

==> no problem

""Oh and its generally accepted that PS3 are cheaper then XboX360, the reason been that talking about upcoming games on forums are cheaper then actually buying games and play them.""

==> PS3 cheaper than Xbox360 ???
if u say ... I believe

Time to Work !

libellule - You must understand, much of what he's talking about is perception, and not just numbers only.

The PS3 has obviously done well - 50k vs. 80k in 5 less months is great. But when your comparing past products, it's a huge difference. I don't think that the Xbox even sold 80k in it's entire lifespan in Taiwan.

Good, good news. I love Taiwan & it's people, and hope that this helps MS in the future.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I am from asia
X360 is A LOT better than XBOX
It was hard to find a shop that sell XBOX games
know almost every big place sell it ..

Around the Network

it nice to hear that the xbox 360 is having some success in asia :). And Uberian dont listen to these sony fanboys thay just cant take that they arnt winning like last generation, when the ps2 ruled the world but things are changing and the sony fanboys dont like it

i love xbox 360 said:
it nice to hear that the xbox 360 is having some success in asia :). And Uberian dont listen to these sony fanboys thay just cant take that they arnt winning like last generation, when the ps2 ruled the world but things are changing and the sony fanboys dont like it

That is quite ok, we get this in Taiwan as well. Its really a world wide war it seems.

One thing I forgot to mention is Wii, in asian Wii is not viewed as a gaming console. Its seems as a piece of new tech furniture you put right next to your DVD players. Its got so popular just about every type of media are talking about wii one time or another, its insane to see a politian talking about playing wii during a election campaign,

How can people fall so low?
No really, people, seriously, what's wrong with you?
Why do you manage to talk about "number of hits in a random forum for one day" like they were sales?
That doesn't make ANY sense!
People are so desperate and not accepting that the XB360 is a failure in Asia, they go as far as taking random untracked countries and talk like the XB360 makes huge numbers there?
Cognitive dissonance for the lose!
People from these countries used to go to Japan just to get a Wii!

Uberian, you say the japanese console game market is dying. Perhaps that was true before the DS, but now, it's obviously wrong, as the DS saved it. And the Wii is saving the home market.
Now, the japanese market is forced to support the Wii with their full force, unless they want to die.
Some people have fantasies like the japanese developer companies will now turn to western markets. I've said it before and I will repeat it : this won't work, they're certain to die if they do that.

But what tickle me is that you say things like there's a trend of more and more asian are tired of JRPG, then that Lost Odyssey did good in these asian countries. That doesn't make any sense.
What's worse, you say that Mistwalker is the best JRPG team you can get, which is just plain false. No self-respecting JRPG fan could say such nonsense. The only valuable part of this team is Uematsu, and no, a composer, a director and an outdated mangaka mostly revered in the west never made the best JRPG team. The best JRPG team nowadays is Level 5, in every way (except soundtrack perhaps) : quality, sales, developers, ...
No self-respecting JRPG knowing people could say such nonsense as you said, so I have to wonder really what your agenda is.

i love xbox 360 saied
""
And Uberian dont listen to these sony fanboys thay just cant take that they arnt winning like last generation, when the ps2 ruled the world but things are changing and the sony fanboys dont like it
""

==> and after you will ask why you have some problems with people
(see your own thread : why people hate me)

Time to Work !

U did fine with your english.

Also Nintendo is giving attention to other asian markets by recently creating NOK nintendo of korea and are planning to launch the wii in china next year.

Also what is it like in TW with the wii?

"Like you know"