By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ready at Dawn: "The Wii Novelty is wearing off"

axumblade said:
Shadowfest3 said:

Well I have to wipe down all three of my consoles on occasion cause they all collect dust.  Lol...just trying to make a joke.  I think I failed hard!!

If this were facebook, I would have liked your comment. :[

Around the Network

I guess I'm not your typical gamer, but I play on my Wii roughly 8x what I do on my PS3 (I haven't played on my PS3 for about a fortnight), so I never understand these kind of comments.  I would argue that the Wii's exclusive line up is after the DS, the best this gen.  If people say that there aren't many good games for the system, I would consider them in a way ignorant as it implies that they know little about the console's lineup .

It's strange because the views many people have about the Wii, I seem to have them about my PS3

And anyway, I'm not sure as I never carried any of the natural sciences to A level, but surely the Wii collects more dust when it is being used.

My TV and my PS3 actually collect the most dust in my setup. Or at least, it's far more noticeable dust. I have to wipe them at least once a day. I think it's something to do with the type of plastic they're made with...

VGChartz

I feel like I've been reading these comments for 4 years now from various industry talking heads.  And of course, any western studio who's best known for their support of PSP clearly has their finger on the pulse. ;)

Havn't bothered to read through the thread but I think Ready at Dawn is right to the effect that there's no point in making the type of game they are interested in making, for the Wii.

Any Wii owner who's interested in those types of games probably has an HD console by now and would sooner buy that type of game in HD.

Wii is a very viable platform for non-traditional games, mass market games and some retro games which is exactly what you're seeing on the system at this point, even from Nintendo (except from Metroid:OM which also sold poorly).

Around the Network

Do the people here realise that whilst they are posting in this thread all of their consoles are collecting dust!

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Do the people here realise that whilst they are posting in this thread all of their consoles are collecting dust!

And finger marks if they own handhelds. My DS and PSP should be wiped down.

But our systems collect dust here because this is a dusty place. Everything collects dust fast.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Squilliam said:

Not if you filter and then hermetically SEAL the room.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

MrT-Tar said:

I guess I'm not your typical gamer, but I play on my Wii roughly 8x what I do on my PS3 (I haven't played on my PS3 for about a fortnight), so I never understand these kind of comments.  I would argue that the Wii's exclusive line up is after the DS, the best this gen.  If people say that there aren't many good games for the system, I would consider them in a way ignorant as it implies that they know little about the console's lineup .

It's strange because the views many people have about the Wii, I seem to have them about my PS3

And anyway, I'm not sure as I never carried any of the natural sciences to A level, but surely the Wii collects more dust when it is being used.

It's funnny because I feel the same way!!!  I'm actually looking/debating to pick up the PS3...but mainly for 3D Blu-ray purposes.  Having a X360 makes it difficult to justify buying a PS3 as their isn't really any games for it aside the usual Sony games that 360 doesn't already have.  The Wii too also gets more playtime as it not only caters to my Nintendo "core" needs but an excellent family system as well.  It's the first console to get my wife, father in-law, dad and even my mom into gaming. 

Gamerace said:

Havn't bothered to read through the thread but I think Ready at Dawn is right to the effect that there's no point in making the type of game they are interested in making, for the Wii.

Any Wii owner who's interested in those types of games probably has an HD console by now and would sooner buy that type of game in HD.

Wii is a very viable platform for non-traditional games, mass market games and some retro games which is exactly what you're seeing on the system at this point, even from Nintendo (except from Metroid:OM which also sold poorly).

I understand you completely as I do pick up the HD titles if given the choice bet the Wii version or X360!!! Like how I feel about picking up a PS3...why bother if the same games are on the 360 and sometimes run better.   The Wii could be phenomenal when it comes to Nintendo specific games and some exclusive 3rd party titles(if given proper effort)...i.e. Monster Hunter: Tri, MadWorld, Muramasa, Little King and soon Epic Mickey, Golden Eye etc!!!