By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The next Final Fantasy

Archangel768 said:

6. Preferably 4 members in the party at one time.

7. Health that only regenerates at SAVE POINTS. NOT after each battle.

8. A more complex version of the sphere grid from Final Fantasy X. The crystarium system was extremely boring and stupid.

9. NO auto-battle (make me think about the ability and tactics during a battle like in Final Fantasy X)

10. Larger world to explore with PS1 style world map. More locations that aren't necessary for the story but are there for exploration and finding each characters ultimate weapon and such.

11. More mini games.

12. Make me feel as though I'm the main character on the journey again like in Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X. (e.g. make me feel the same emotions as them.) This is why I want Kazushige Nojima as the scenario writer again (and the reason I have hope for versus XIII even after the disaster that was XIII). This is what made these specific Final Fantasies my favourite games ever.

15. MOST IMPORTANTLY. DO NOT hand over development to any "stupid western" designer that'll turn it into some idiotic ridiculously and unnecessarily over the top masculine people shooting others heads off. (I'm looking at you "western" version of Nier. Dante redesign and any other Japanese games or franchises that have fallen prey to such stupidity) I hope Square Enix realize that 90% of their fans like the Japanese feel of Final Fantasy and that they actually care about what their fans want. DO NOT WESTERNIZE IT. (That being said, I do enjoy a lot of western games however, I love Japanese games because of their differences in style. And I've always hated it when they change it to suit western audiences. Japanese games can be made perfectly so that both Japanese people and Westerners can enjoy it. Even changing that characters name from Eclair to Clair was annoying even though my cousin has that name and I'm used to it, the fact they changed it when Eclair means LIGHTNING which was the whole point of having it that way in the first place.)

16. Maximize the power of the Playstation 3 (as in Uncharted 2 quality) before you even THINK about bringing it to other consoles. If another console can't do what the Playstation 3 version can, then DO NOT remove the content to keep things "equal" on both consoles. The reason you stabbed Nintendo in the back and went to Playstation was to better the quality of your games and you did indeed. The reason you stabbed Sony in the back and made it multi-platform was to make more sales which is pathetic and just like every other stupid developer out there these days.

17. KEEP THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE SONG WHICH WAS MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE GAME. I can't believe how much better the Japanese version of the fireworks love scene in Final Fantasy XIII with the song Eternal Love was compared to the English version with Serah's theme (And I watched the English version first). At most, you should only get the Japanese singer to sing it in English. That is the most you should do to the original song.

18. Make me press a button to talk to NPCs instead of auto talk. The auto talk made me feel like I wasn't taking part in the games journey. Or maybe that auto talk could have them just talking to themselves or to someone else and THEN you can interact with them by pressing X and they talk to you.

19. Meaningful side quests. Like ones that shows us more about the main characters or where we learn more about the world in which we're in.

20. Vanille was and still is an idiot.

21. Keep anyone in the company where their job is to make more money for the company and screw over the quality of the games AWAY from the production of Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy will sell enough, they don't need to screw it over. Examples of these people would be Yoichi Wada...

22. The pre-rendered cut scenes are very detailed and animated to perfection but the in game cinematics need a lot more work. Take advice from Hideo Kojima. His in game cinematics in Metal Gear Solid 4 are the best I've seen to date.

Whatever happens, think about the quality first, not the sales.

Me too i m really sick with this auto-battle features, i want to be able to control all my characters. I hope they don't even think about westernizing the game because that would probably be the end of my relationship with FF.

I too want a big world map. And like Darth mentioned some hidden characters please, that will open some new side quests in the game. I want a dungeon or castle where i have to bring two parties, one dealing with one part of dungeon and the other dealing with the other.

I want to meet some character only to loose them later (by dying or something else). There have been so many good things from FF IV to FF X. What happen with FF XII and XIII, not that they were very bad but was not satisfied at all.

Around the Network
riecsou said:

Me too i m really sick with this auto-battle features, i want to be able to control all my characters. I hope they don't even think about westernizing the game because that would probably be the end of my relationship with FF.

I too want a big world map. And like Darth mentioned some hidden characters please, that will open some new side quests in the game. I want a dungeon or castle where i have to bring two parties, one dealing with one part of dungeon and the other dealing with the other.

I want to meet some character only to loose them later (by dying or something else). There have been so many good things from FF IV to FF X. What happen with FF XII and XIII, not that they were very bad but was not satisfied at all.

Personally I like the idea of losing two playable characters, one through betrayal and that eventually leads to anothers demise. This could then lead the traitor to become mentally unstable (if the death was not expected or the wrong character died) and becomming a tragic villain.

I remember the annoyance and betrayal when a certain character in KoToR turns to the dark side. Or in the final fight in Neverwinter Nights 2 where some characters can turn against you.

Add my vote to the liking the way its going, FF13 and 12 (12 over 13 by a slight margin) are my favourite games ever and I've been an FF player since FF6. I think the innovations are adding a lot to the series and though ther are some sweeping changes from entry to entry it is stopping it getting stale. My interest in FF keeps growing to the point where it is now my favourite series (unlike my interest in series' like persona and disgaea that never seem to change enough and are getting a bit dull)

But then I also believe there has never been a truly 'bad' FF

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

FF XV will be the most scrtiznized game ever, especially since the 'dissapoints' that where 13 an 14

general pattern I am gathering is people want an old school RPG as far as the presentation goes. That would include a classic style overworld(which would mean a classic way to traverse the overworld), many cities, some with little purpose(Kalm in FFVII, it was awsome but was only used IMO to contrast Midgar), some with dark secrets, some are intregral plot cities. More charaters, each of them being more defined.

However, I think most of us enjoy the more modern combat systems... (Imagine FF 7, fused with 13... alot of fun)

IMO 12 had the best combat system, and also one of the best Leveling systems.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

For me anything like FFVI or FFXII will be fantastic... but I want inovations.

OR

FFVI in HD!!! I would have orgasms.

2000cc said:

Add my vote to the liking the way its going, FF13 and 12 (12 over 13 by a slight margin) are my favourite games ever and I've been an FF player since FF6. I think the innovations are adding a lot to the series and though ther are some sweeping changes from entry to entry it is stopping it getting stale. My interest in FF keeps growing to the point where it is now my favourite series (unlike my interest in series' like persona and disgaea that never seem to change enough and are getting a bit dull)

But then I also believe there has never been a truly 'bad' FF

The fact that you started playing FF since FF6 and for your favorite to be FF13 n FF12 is truly surprising. You really are a very open minded FF fan to be able to  apreciate the new innovations in FF12 and FF13 to the extend to make them your favorite. And i truly respect your choice.

But i really do miss controlling all my characters. Because when i die in battle, i feel like i lost the battle myself. But when i die in FF12 or FF13 i tend to blame those auto-player (although its not really their fault sometime).

I also miss the unexpected twist that used to make the story look more alive, the amazing villains (Kefka, Golbez, Sephirot, Seymour, Seifer), the good heroes (Cecil, Locke, Terrah, Auron, Edgar, Cloud, Squall (he was ok i think) and others) specially since FF12 looked to me like it didn't have any leader or a specific hero. This is the only thing i didn't like about FF12. --- Edit:Beside that the game was good. What i enjoy the most in a FF game is actually the story.

FF13 was an amazing experience, the game was really good. FF13 looked like a mix of FF4,6,7and 10.  But after finishing the game i wanted more, but there wasn't more to do than hunting

I agree with 2000cc

Though, FFXIII wasn't my favorite favorite (probably 4th or 5th favorite in the series. I enjoyed it a lot. As well as twelve.

I'd rather it not try to do things it's already done before. Include some of the things that have existed in the past. But I don't want 5,8,10,10-2 (my favorite FF's) again.

But I don't want it to be l to be too similar to the Final Fantasy's I've already played. Or else, that's when I may start to become less interested in the series like I have with other currenly highly acclaimed series (not gonna name).

Versus XIII looks great from what I've seen so far, mixing past/new things. We'll see. Partly Because Nojima's writing it.

But for FFXV though I won't care if it goes another way. I'll leave it vague.
Itou or Itou/Kitase to direct it. (I love Toriyama, but still change of pace is always good)
Amano to do character Designs and imo, make the polygons look like his sketches for once.
For Music, Ko Otani (The SoTC composer, Haibane Renmei), would be really cool. Though Uematsu or Hamauzu would be fine.
Nojima doing the plot... whoever was responsible for the dialogue in FFXII doing the dialogue.

Really don't care about the world map.

I want the ATB battle system back from FFIV-IX  that worked well it was fun and there is no reason to change it

I agree with 2000cc too.

FFVI and FFXII are the best FF ever but I want inovation in each FF.