By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has the Playstation Move's apparent success made people go crazy?

Huge meltdown coming.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Common haters, you talk so much shit B4 lets see you do it now.

Well it appears we have more info coming in supporting Move being a greater success than we all thought. We should see more info come to the surface in the coming weeks but the adjustments speak for themselves to correlate with Move as well as the Move adjustments news posting.

Sorry haters but Move moved EMEAA.

Epic sales .

Sadly the haters have now magically disappeared all of a sudden.

What a big surprise.

Around the Network

Today has been a massive day.  Damn, I didn't really sleep last night (for other reasons too such as school stuff).

I won't rub it into the doubters.  I think things worked out on its own to give a few people a bad day.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:

Didn't starcraft ever come back and reply?

Shame.

But expected.

Something tells me that after today, you DEFINITELY won't get a response

You can all thank me. Ive been collecting everyones recyclables at work and recycling them at home. I have so much good Karma i knew my argument would be victorious.

Well, in light of the adjustments I've decided that Move hasn't made anyone crazy at all.  Because if it had, there would be nothing left to describe what the adjustments are going to do to certain people.

Things are really crazy on the forums at the moment - I'm not sure the site will be able to cope if things don't calm down before Kinect launches and we then proceed to the holiday sales period.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:

Well, in light of the adjustments I've decided that Move hasn't made anyone crazy at all.  Because if it had, there would be nothing left to describe what the adjustments are going to do to certain people.

Things are really crazy on the forums at the moment - I'm not sure the site will be able to cope if things don't calm down before Kinect launches and we then proceed to the holiday sales period.

The worst is, I dont think Kinect sales will ever justify the mean. Sales being mostly to their actual fanbase. The mean being extremely high  R and D and marketing cost. I wish them success  and I cant wait to see factual data, but it may well be a dissapointment for many. 

Im going to be bold here, but I think the reason they spent so much on marketing is because they fear of not  getting back their research and development investment as well as loosing credibility from low sales. I hope im not biase, but I think I would say the same if it was another company in the same situation. Bottom line, as you said,  there will be actions on the forum. What your thought on Kinect sales?

I don't see move as a success or failure at this point but an install base of 800,000 after 6 weeks is probably inline or a little below where sony would like to be. 

Most likely it's competitor (Kinect will outsell it's total sales on day one) and then will have a better understanding of what move's success or failure is.